Disappointment

Disguised (Part 1)

 

She looked dumbfounded at me and I knew how it hit her, probably right into the heart.

“You !” She yelled and was about to hit me, as Kyuhyun grabbed her wrist. “You can't hit a delicate girl like her.” Delicate? I am not fragile! I looked at Kyuhyun, who was still standing in front of me... like a bodyguard. He was protecting me, though he said something that I didn't want to hear. I had to look at Donghae, who was just staring at the ground.

Couldn't these guys switch places?...

“Cho Kyuhyun, don't interfere!” Saki told him, but I didn't think that it was a good idea to give him instructions. I didn't know this guy good, but I knew that he actually wasn't the guy who wanted to get instructions, especially not from a girl. He let go of her hand and looked at me. “Just look at her fragile body, she would break into pieces. Don't you think so Hae?” he asked and glared at his best friend. Did I really look fragile? I survived so many things. I am not fragile, especially not physically... I gazed vulnerably at Donghae, who finally got himself to nod one time.

Fragile? They were doubting my strength? “Why are you protecting her?” Saki asked and I looked to the ground. Donghae's nod felt like humiliation for me. I cried out for help and he thought that I was fragile? Sure, I was! But still nobody needed to know it. I tried to be evenminded about that, but I just couldn't. “You're awfully stupid. She needs to be protected.” Kyuhyun answered and my heart was almost stopping. I need to be protected? Need? Like I need the oxygen to live? Such a need? At that moment I was mentally falling apart.

That bastard was fighting for me and I was standing there like a fool! I definitely didn't need his protection! The thought of Kyuhyun knowing my feelings bumped into my head. Did he know that I was screaming after help quietly for nobody to know? Nah, how should he? He was just as stupid as his friends. Nobody would notice, besides... him, who thought I was fragile. Well, it shouldn't have mattered to me what he thought, but saying that right in to my face would have been better. I was not even complaining about his nod, but at least he shouldn't have just agreed with Kyuhyun.

“Are you going to be her bodyguard? Then you should face the truth behind her-” “There's nothing to face besides your betrayal... to us all and especially to Amber. What are you thinking?” Minji interfered for my sake and grabbed her collar. “You never accepted me guys. First you should think about your mistakes and why you're even here.” Saki glanced viciously at me and I turned my head in another direction. Why I was here? I wanted to graduate, that was all. I wasn't seeking for much.

“We may made mistakes, but you've just done one big mistake. We're not going to tolerate it. I'll report it to the principal.” “You don't have to. I'll talk to my mother.” Donghae finally said and ended the conversation. “Señorita, could you fix it? I am impatiently waiting.” Kyuhyun meant, with a smile playing about his lips. If I didn't knew correctly I'd say that he was flirting with me. But as I said, I knew better. Why should he even do something that silly?

I just had disadvantages and now I finally brought the friendship between my friends to an end. I was such a terrible person. “I'll give it to you sunbae. When do you have time?” “I always have time for you.” “6pm at the dining room is perfect.” I ignored his statement completely. I looked at the ground again as I faced Minji again, who was more than just grinning at me. This was really embarrassing for me, but more hurtful was the way Donghae just passed me by.

He didn't even greet me. I looked back at Kyuhyun, who bowed down to be on my height, or maybe my level. However he called it. “I can't wait.” he whispered into my ear, which made me shiver a bit. He definitely knew how magical his effect on the female race was. He then followed his friends, along with Saki, who also escaped. “Hah, you're so famous along guys. First seducing-” “I didn't seduce anyone, Minji ah! I don't know what this guy called Kyuhyun wants. Definitely not me. He treated me like trash back then! He's like a woman having her time of the month!”

“Oh who cares about the past!” “Didn't you just care about it like crazy? You madwoman!” “Did you see how he looked at you?” “MINJI!” “But I understand him, you're so y~!” I turned my head towards the exit. “Man, Luce! He's falling for you.” “Yah, if you don't stop, I will make you fall as well, but not in love with a boy or anyone!” Minji sighed and looked hauntingly at me. “Who's here the madwoman? You can be so happy! Kyuhyun never talked to me.”

“We can switch places! I never wanted to talk to him anyway.” And definitely I didn't want to get in touch with Donghae. But now... I was unable to turn my back at him. There must have been a way to forget about him. He was distracting, malicious and owned the power to send me back home. Of course this clumsy me couldn't miss the chance to get his attention by not switching off her damn cellphone! “You seem so keen? Ah, probably you fell for Donghae-” “Don't mention his name. He should be going through hell!” I cut off her sentence and dragged her with me back to school.

“I am no you-” “It's better off not being me.” I said and cut off her sentence again. “Maybe, Luce. I know that this situation isn't easy for you, but just see it like this: They never hurt you. Eunhyuk likes you. The way he smiled at you was hyper friendly. Kangin is thankful to you, since you spoke the truth. Donghae isn't anywhere near giving you a ride home and Kyuhyun... Well, he protected you. I never saw him protecting someone. You may not like him, but you should appreciate his actions. The motives were good nature... He might have realized that you're not as easy as the other girls.”

If I really had this point of view, I should be the happiest person on earth, but it was different. Kyuhyun stared me to death with his glares. Eunhyuk might have liked me, but that didn't change that had no power at all. Kangin didn't even know my name and he didn't seem to very happy about my message. Last but not least, Donghae was nowhere near being nice. Next time I would be this malicious as well. It still upset me. I was not that fragile and you didn't have the right to say so! You didn't know what I've gone through.

“What's upsetting you? You're not happy at all.” Minji said and her face went back to being normal again. “When you look at me... Am I fragile?” She eyeballed me from head to toes and smiled. “Overprotective Kyuhyun needed a reason, you understand?” “For what?” “Protecting you!” she laughed and was pushing me forwards. “You're from the 18th century, Luce!” “And you're assuming too much.”