Guilty

Disguised (Part 1)

One second later he let go of me and turned to Donghae. I shook my head like crazy and stared at the ground. Unbelievable Luce. Get yourself together. He was even more boring than Donghae and that had some meaning behind it, since Donghae was plain boring!

“Our Heather, Donghae.” They... actually knew her? Of course, she was in the same class as them. It was just me who was so inferior. “She was also annoying without that idea.” he mumbled and looked out of the window. “Then throw her out.” Hah... It's so easy to deal with people's lives, huh? It was amazing to see how they have everything in their hands. But Heather was rich and even famous, it shouldn't have burdened me. But I couldn't deny that it would be my fault when she would be thrown out of school. My gaze went down to the ground again and I closed my eyes. Heather would also be okay without this school, without her friends, lovers...

“Don't throw her out, please.”

Was begging the right thing to do? “Haha!” Kyuhyun laughed and I lifted my head up again. Just what was so funny? “You don't seem to be one of her friends.” “Correct, I am not her friend. I never mentioned it.” His laughing stopped and he looked seriously at me. “You don't like her?” Donghae asked and stood up from the bank. “That's correct as well. She is indeed annoying... Very demanding.”

“And you don't want her to be thrown out? In which century are you living?” Right, I was not like them. I nodded one time and sighed. “Is it funny to decide over their lives?” I dared to ask and plucked at my pullover. I also had to lift up the trousers, because they were too big. It sure looked stupid, like I was. “Once you gain this lordship it's undeniable to say it's not a bit funny, although it may be wrong. You can send those away who you don't like and you can force those to stay, who don't even want to do that. You have the power to control everythingWe're allcruel people.”

“Donghae-hyung! Shut up and go! It's better we throw her out, so that Heather can laugh about it later.” My head suddenly felt heavy and I turned around. Such a statement from the son of the principal. I didn't know if I should think that he's sorry to have gained this power. Maybe he also saw himself as a cruel person. He seemed to be lonely. And though he was referring to 'them', it still sounded like he criticized just himself. There was also the option that he indeed wasn't sorry, neither saw himself as a cruel person. Donghae might have been just a cruel person... But for me it was unlikely to think that. Nobody who didn't face cruelty could say such things.

Somehow it was making me sad. I shouldn't interpret so much. He surely wasn't such a deeply thinking person. Nobody here was! Those rich kids didn't even know true concerns. I turned my head back to watch Donghae for the last time, before I would leave this place... forever? His expression was gloomy. He really seemed to be sinking deeper into his thoughts. Then he lifted his head up and smiled. No, it wasn't one of these arrogant smiles. It was sort of different, somewhat kindly. “Come on, let's throw Heather out. It's not like she needs this place.” Kyuhyun passed by and Donghae stopped in front of me. “Thank you for telling us... Don't worry, I won't throw you out.” His smile still played about his lips and then he left as quickly as he appeared.

Oh Luce. You're a liar. A liar. Just like your father. Everything you never wanted to be. Now I really felt bad. Kind of... guilty. I punched my head lightly and leaned against the closed door. What have I done? But telling them the truth would cause me so much more pain. There you go again, Luce. You were so egoistic, since Heather was someone you didn't like. I buried my head in my hands, before I left the gym in a hurry. I changed clothes in our room and went to my first subject.

I sat down in social studies and tried to conserve my calmness. In the end I would find out that I've gone crazy for nothing. Right, so there was no need to feel burdened. She was the one to compete with me, it was only like she would lose to me... But it was still unfair. Minji had this idea + the whole 'organization' was at fault. I sighed loudly, only leading the class representative to stare at me. “Did you stay awake for to long? Or why do you look so stressed?” “I couldn't sleep.” I lied again and put on a kind smile. Lying for a long time would just lead me to desperation. It would get boring...

“You can always tell me if you have problems!” he stated and I remained smiling. That kind of man was really nice, but too nice. It was not really acknowledged by myself, but maybe he kind of liked me. “I am fine, Minhan-sunbae.” I wanted to sound nice, so I only added 'sunbae'. I still had the opinion that I should just call those 'sunbae' who I admired. But here was nobody honestly.

“Good, then study a lot.” He shouldn't have remembered me. I still had to catch up like crazy. I felt so dumb here. The only subjects that could cheer me up were Computer Studies, English and Spanish. Music was just awesome ty, because I couldn't hit even one note. The only thing I could do fine was rap. Arts wasn't my subject either. I liked to draw manga figures, but not sceneries and such. Korean was not my language I had to admit. The grammatical aspect wasn't that understandable. I was glad that I could communicate here. Science was not my style either, so there was nothing left, because I didn't have to mention history...

The doorbell rang and I got up. I looked at my schedule and saw the next subject. History. That would be boring. And I was correct, but okay that was predictable. The day went by so slowly that I almost turned off in Biology. We were talking about reproduction... and not among animals or flowers. I was still a , so I couldn't tune in the talk and that frustrated me. But that was no fact to get rid of. I couldn't even get rid of it since there was no potential person here. My classmates bored me to death.

I went the stairs up, until I bumped into somebody. “I am sor-” “YAH! You should be!” I looked up into her face. That was really the only person I didn't want to face today. “Did you complete your mission?” “ I did.” I strongly told her and got up in confusion. Why did she need to treat me like that? Wasn't she out? So they actually played a prank on me? “Get yourself together, kiddie, out of my way.” She barked and pushed me against the wall. I slipped and fell backwards. I closed my eyes because I was sure after that I wouldn't be alive anymore. Actually nothing followed, just two arms which hold me tightly.

I continued to close my eyes and felt someone's breathe tickling my ear. “You can lie here forever, if you want to.”