Maneater

Disguised (Part 1)

“I don't sell people.” “Don't play dumb, Lu-” “Quiet, Saki. Here are people who want to sleep. Go to bed, girl.” Minji interfered loudly, waking up the others in a matter of seconds. I wondered why she said it so loud... Should the others hear it? Or were they already awake? I looked at Amber, who already had her focus on me. She was slightly nodding. It felt like she was giving me the permission to sleep, like she would protect me. I nodded back and went to bed immediately. This was my limit for today.



~*~*~


“Luce, wake up.” Minji sat on my bed and patted my head softly. “Is it already-” “Saturday, yes.” she smiled and handed me a pillow. “I thought we should go out for today! You're new! I have to show you around, especially in the city!” my friend continued and smiled like the happiest person ever. Personally I wasn't feeling like going around, but I couldn't turn down her offer. That would be useless and mean. Also it was great to see her smiling. “Ah, just let me eat breakfast.” “Yah, but then we're going out, right?” I nodded my head and saw the relief on her face.

So we ate breakfast quickly and went out to go to the city. “So Luce.... Honestly, I apologize for Saki.” “You don't need to apologize for her. To be honest, she hasn't done anything bad.” I answered and thought about yesterday. I didn't know why Minji interfered, because of the reason she named, but maybe she wanted to help me and even if she didn't intend to help me, she helped me. “I don't know what's going on with her.” 

I looked at Minji and put my arm around her shoulder. “Really, I am alright and though I don't know how it was before I came-” “It was never peaceful, Luce. So you're not at fault. I should also be honest with you. I heard from Amber that she told you from her relationship with Kangin.” I was disappointed, but it was clear that someone else besides me knew about it. I nodded to assure her and looked at the markets in front of us.

“Saki is some kind of parasite.” I looked a bit shocked at my neighbor and let go of her immediately. How could she say something like this? I thought they were friends? Where was the loyalty? “Yes, Luce. I am cruel.” I shook my head and wanted to answer as I saw Kangin and Saki coming out of a jeans shop. “You don't have to say it, Luce. I know it.” “Ah, no Min-” “You don't have to deny it either.” “Minji, listen to-” “Amber never liked Saki and that also includes myself. She was just living on our behalf. Do you know how that feels?” 

I saw Kangin and Saki walking along the street and wanted to tell Minji, but she wasn't listening at all. I saw that Saki had a paper-bag with her, probably there was something in it. I didn't want to assume, but I couldn't believe that Kangin actually bought something for her. I didn't want to believe it for the sake of Amber. And for the sake of Amber I shouldn't be here seeing it. I didn't even know Kangin nor his character. “MINJI!” I screamed and she finally looked at me. “Does Saki know about Amber and his relationship as well?” “His?” she asked and turned her head towards their direction. “Sure, she does. Holy cow. This bit-”

I grabbed Minji and shook my head. “She's betraying us, especially Amber.” “I know Minji ah, I know.” I uttered but still hold tightly onto her. “Interfering now would cost your head.” “What do you suggest then?” “Let's just keep quiet. We follow them, maybe we're totally wrong over her motives.” I suggested as she wished and smiled.

If she was really betraying us... I mean, Amber, then I couldn't guarantee anything. “We're not wrong, Luce... But better we do as you said. Let's just follow them.” Minji agreed and we went after them until we got to a stadium. “Here are all the sport competitions... I go in.” “Ah Minji, wait-” I screamed but she already ran behind them. What should I do now? I stared at the ground and quietly followed as well. I just went along the way and got quickly into the light again. In front of me were a lot of seats, obviously for the audience. Right before the grid stood Saki. Right beside her were Donghae, as well as Kyuhyun , Eunhyuk and... I forgot the name, Sung.... sung something.

Kangin was seating on a seat beside Saki and they were talking, really intensively. But I was too far away to understand anything, so I hid behind the seats and approached slowly without sound. “Amber dislikes you, believe me.” Saki meant and I just turned nervously around. Minji was right... Totally right from the beginning. How could I didn't notice her vicious being? I sighed and eavesdropped again. “Are you sure?” “She didn't talk to you after all.” After all? Did they actually have an agreement? “Did you really tell her about the place?” “I did.”

I couldn't believe it. How could a person be like that? She didn't tell Amber, I was sure. I was about to burst out. I wanted to scream and push her behind the ceiling. I felt that my hand wanted to punch her right in the face, but the fact that Donghae was there mattered to me more than anything. “So she doesn't like me anymore.” Kangin meant and stood up. “She doesn't.” Saki replied and Kangin wanted to go, as I stood up from my seat as well. “You?” Kangin asked as he noticed me and the others turned around as well. “Luce?” “Saki.” I answered in anger and stepped towards her. “Yes, Luce?” she asked and I nodded to myself. Just punch her. “What are you doing here?” she continued to ask and smiled at me so innocently. Yah, so innocent that I wanted to commit more than just one sin.

“Take a guess, my best friend.” I told her and smiled at her. “Right, Minji wanted to go shopping with you. I can still join, right?” “All you can do is die, right now. Please do me this favor.” It bubbled out of my mouth, but I didn't regret it at all. “Luce? Saki?” I heard Minji asking and suddenly felt her hand on my shoulder. “We should talk about it Saki.” “Talk?” I asked and shook my head. It was not like she would understand then. People who don't want to understand, won't understand.

“Minji, she told me to die. You don't really think that I'll talk with her.” “Do you like Kangin?” Minji asked and Saki just nodded. “Ouh, fine.” I smiled and turned to Kangin. “You, listen!” I instructed and looked back at Saki. “That girl there...” I pointed at Saki and it was almost clear that I hated her. “She lied to you.” “No, Luce, Amber will be-” Minji began but Kyuhyun cut her sentence off. “Let her talk.” Then he smiled to himself. Donghae just looked at me with glassy eyes. How I loved these eyes... Lucia Black!

I cleared my throat and gazed back at Kangin, who seemed to be very confused. “Amber still likes you.” I meant, but Saki interfered again by hitting my head with her fist. “Au.” I muttered and looked back her. “Why are you lying to Kangin?” she screamed and I just stepped back. “Who's lying here? You're just busy with being jealous over something you'll never get... Do you know what it is?” I asked furiously and smiled again. “What is it?” she asked like I wanted and I just couldn't hold back my anger. “Love.”