Terrifying

Disguised (Part 1)

 

I don't know who is ing whose brain out, but your grade in your historical essay is ing not good.” I turned around and blushed immediately. “Oh, I am so sorry... And I-I will d-do... do much better n-next time!” I stuttered and took my essay which my history teacher handed over. “The Spanish race is really...” he mumbled and went away. Pff, who was he to say that?

“The Spanish race... Did you write about them?” Amber asked and took my essay. “I am Spanish.” I told her and she stared at me like it was unbelievable. “You... what? Not American?” “My mum is Spanish while my Dad is Korean. Understood?” She nodded hear head, but still looked confused. “My mum's name is Nerea, a typical Spanish name, as well as Lucia. My mom is as I said Spanish, but lived her whole life in America. So did I until I moved here. I may have Spanish blood flowing within me, but actually I was never in Spain or other Spanish-speaking countries and I also don't know the Spanish culture and so on. I always saw myself as a complete American.”

Amber smiled again and I knew she would understand it. “You're my friend, no matter what blood is flowing in your veins or where you're from. But I think that your essay is brilliant! I mean, it's about Spain and he doesn't like Spain, right? Maybe he's just unfair... I heard a lot about Mr. Shinwoo, your history teacher.” I just nodded, but I didn't think that she would like my essay. I also didn't think that my essay was any good, since I was just in 1 History lesson and this was my first History homework about my true home.

“Never mind, I will catch up.” I meant and wanted her to hand me back my essay, but she wasn't thinking of giving it back. “I will show that to Ms. Hanyoo. She is my history teacher. I want you to do good, but if a teacher is as biased as him, then it's no wonder when you get bad grades.” I just sighed and nodded. It couldn't get more worse anyways. “H-he comes-” Amber stuttered and took my tray. “Who?” I asked and wanted to get my tray back, but Amber didn't let go of it. “I have forgotten to thank you.” A voice suddenly spoke, but I didn't need to turn around to know who it was. That was clear for me, but a total turn-off like me shouldn't have looked at guys, right?

“You're welcome.” I meant in a lower voice and still fought over my tray. Why was she behaving like that? That was embarrassing for me and for her. She suddenly let go of my tray and I slipped over my feet and bashed the tray against Kyuhyun. I could be glad that I didn't smash his beautiful face, though I would have liked to hurt him more. Kyuhyun just picked the tray up after it hit him and looked at me. Out of all moments, this was the most embarrassing one. “I-I am sorry.” I murmured and looked over to the exit, to make sure hat my way to escape was still there.

Some seconds later I felt a hand under my arm and was pulled up quickly. “Are you hurt?” he asked and handed me the tray. “You're actually a woman, right?” I asked without hesitation, because I didn't understand him at all. “What?” Kyuhyun asked further and pulled me closer to him, because it was getting louder in the room. Of course all gazes were on us and they were all discussing furiously. But I had other problems to worry about.

“Your mood changes radically. First your nice, then you're vicious like Satan. You insult me, worry about me and then... you protect me. The day after that you suddenly insult me again. When I am such a turn-off, like you said, why are you still talking to me? Is It so funny to make fun out of me? Yes, does it do any good to you? Do you feel better after bothering me?” I asked and did sound more confused than ever. I just took the tray and went to Amber. Why did I even tell him?

“A turn-off like you should get at least a bit attention-” I couldn't bear it anymore and smashed my tray against him, in a forceful and hurting way. “You are a turn-off, screw yourself!” I screamed and was angry to hell, but I also felt sadness lingering the pain of my hurt pride. “Sorry, Amber.” I apologized for my rude behavior and went out of the dining room, as I heard steps following me. “What is it?” I asked and turned round. “Don't you miss something?” he asked and I looked around. “No? Why?” Kyuhyun smiled and showed me a ring. Exactly that ring I got from my mother before we went to Korea. That thing meant more than my life to me! “Mine, uhm... Can I get it back?” I asked quietly and approached him. “Sure.” he reached out for my hand, but instead of giving me the ring, he put the ring on my finger and smiled. I had a very bad feeling by looking at him.