Chapter 26

My Everything

The moment he saw JiYong standing at the door with the bouquet of flowers, his heart started racing, but nothing else moved. The words did not come out. Words like "you came", "I missed you", "I love you" stuck in his throat. In the distance he heard Dr. Park's voice and felt something wrap around his waist. The image of JiYong turning and walking away once again brought him out of his trance at last. He ran to JiYong and felt a stabbing pain in his lower belly that make him kneel. Her belly felt hard and all his thoughts turned to his baby. He felt how JiYong took him by the hand and helped him up to take him to the car that would take them to the hospital. Feeling JiYong again, showed him that it was not a dream, he was there next to him. The way to the hospital was silent, the contractions only left room for controlled breathing and each time they appeared he held tightly to the hand that did not let go of him at any time. He could feel JiYong's nervousness and in his gaze he could see all the questions he wanted to ask him. Now was not the time to think about the conversation he owed to him, he had to focus on everything going well and that his baby is fine. Once on the stretcher, he had to let go of JiYong's hand, so that they would take him to the operating room, to stop feeling his heat crushed his heart, he was afraid of not seeing him again. Seeing JiYong's face distressed and confused didn't help either. Once in the operating room, he watched as Dr. Smith got ready, reassured him, and told him not to worry. There was also Dr. Park, who assured him that everything would be fine.

 

Soon the anesthesia began to take effect and Seungri plunged into the world of dreams. He woke up and found himself back in the cabin on a outskirts of Seoul. He walked through its corridors and headed for the path behind the hut that led to a waterfall. The path was covered with endless, leafy trees. When he reached the end of the path, two figures stood on the edge of the mouth of the waterfall. A man and a little boy. Seungri stopped at the edge of the path and looked at the couple. At that moment the man turned around. It was JiYong, who smiled at him and called him with his hand, at which point the little boy turns to see him. He had black hair, his eyes had JiYong's look, and his smile was like looking himself in a mirror. Seungri felt his heart begin to beat, the moment he wanted to reach them he felt everything around him turn black and the forest began to envelop him. He stretched out his hands to reach them, but each time they were moving further away, in that he heard the boy's call "come daddy, come back to us" and his little hands reached out to him.

 

When Seungri opened his eyes the clarity of the white lights in the room blinded him. He closed his eyes again and slowly opened them again. A feeling of emptiness flooded him when he touched his belly and found it flat, but at that moment some hands took his. He looked up and was met by Daesung's smile and Seunhyun's teary eyes.

 

"Hey ... you took a long time ..." Daesung's calm voice reassured him despite not knowing how everything had turned out. In a hoarse voice he asked.

 

"My baby?"

 

"Everything went well, Ri-ah, don't worry ... rest ... they'll bring him soon." Seungri wanted to ask about JiYong, but was afraid of the answer. He just nodded and closed his eyes again. He felt them say goodbye and leave the room. He heard the door open again, but he didn't open his eyes, thinking it was some nurse or the doctor. He felt how they took his hands again and he opened his eyes to meet JiYong's gaze. He saw how the eyes of his beloved were filled with tears and hid his face with his hands and they began to moisten.

 

"Forgive me, forgive me, forgive me ... I’m too late ... I never stopped loving you ... I was stupid ..."

 

JiYong's words sank deep into his heart. The one who should ask for forgiveness was him. One of his hands JiYong's hair.

 

"JiYong, ... look at me please"

 

JiYong refused to raise his face. Seungri's silent tears began to fall as well.

 

"JiYong, I lied to you"

 

Those words caught JiYong's attention and he finally looked up. Now was the time, there was no turning back. He would face the consequences of his decision.

 

"It's yours, ... the baby is yours"

 

JiYong looked at him confused, still with his eyes wet.

 

"What are you talking about?" He couldn't understand what he was hearing. Seungri looked down.

 

"JiYong ... I ..."

 

"Why? ... What do you mean it's mine? Our baby ... you ... lost it ... How ...?"

 

"JiYong from ... let me explain ..." Seungri tried to take his hand, but JiYong pushed him away from him, as he looked at him in disbelief at what he was hearing.

 

JiYong didn't know what to feel at that moment, if what Seungri said was true, he didn't understand why he had kept it from him for so long. He felt his whole body shudder and his heart clench.

 

Seeing JiYong's reaction, the words that Seungri wanted so badly to say fell into his throat. Silence took over the room again.

 

When Seungri tried to speak again, the door to the room opened. Dr. Park entered happily with the baby in his arms, unaware of the other presence in the room.

 

"Hey ... look who came ..." his words and his smile were stopped when he saw JiYong and felt the tension in the environment. "Oh sorry I didn't think you had company, but look bao bao, it's here." Completely ignoring the other person in the room.

 

Seungri, when he saw the baby, widened his eyes and stretched his arms, he had waited so long and despite the situation he was glad that JiYong could have been there when he was born. He took his baby in his arms, he was so small, he was still all wrinkled and pink, but there was no doubt that he was Jiyong's son, his little pronounced cheeks and his hair color was the same as his father. Seungri dropped a few tears, while his small face. Jiyong looked at the scene and couldn't take it anymore.

 

"I'm sorry ..." was the only thing he managed to say before leaving the room. Seungri watched the door close and clutched his baby as he began to sob. Dr. Park approached him, put his arm around him, taking care not to squeeze the boy, and gave him a kiss on the forehead.

 

"Ri-ah calm down it's not good for the baby ... I'm here ... remember."

 

Seungri appreciated Dr. Park's support, but at this moment, he felt it was wrong for him to be there. Very carefully she walked away from him.

 

"I'm sorry Steve, but I would like to be alone with my son now ... please."

 

"But ... Ri-ah, it's not good for you to be alone with the baby in this state ..."

 

"I'm fine ... I just want to be with my baby for a moment ..."

 

"Okay, now I send the nurse with the crib, you still can't use much force, so please don't overdo it"

 

Seungri nodded and Dr. Park left the room. As he the baby's face he hummed a song he had been writing. He just hoped that JiYong would come back and give him a chance to explain. And if he didn't, as soon as he could get out of bed he would go looking for him. Even if he had to face the whole world, this time he would not give it up.

 

JiYong left the room and felt like everything around him was spinning, so he looks for his way out of the hospital, he needed to breathe, when he got to the parking lot he couldn't help but bend down for air and ended up squatting down and putting his hands to his head. Daesung who saw how he almost ran out of the place, decided to follow him and finding him in that position made him ran to see if he needed help.

 

"JiYong ... are you okay?"

 

JiYong looked up and met Daesung's worried face. He just shook it and looked down again, took a couple of breaths to calm himself and then slowly got up. He looked at the friend of his beloved Seungri and asked:

 

"It's true?"

 

Daesung first looked at him without understanding, then realized that Seungri had told him about the baby.

 

"Yes ... but before you judge him you have to understand that he did it to protect you."

 

"What?! .... protect me from what? ... How could something like that lie, protect me? ... All this time I felt guilty ... as he ... he enjoyed his time with ... with..."

 

"Stop there ... what are you thinking? ... Do you think you are the only one who suffered all these months? ... YG threatened him with hurting you and hurting his friends and if he had stayed, he probably wouldn't have his son in arms, right now "

"AND WHY HE DIDN'T TELL ME ... I COULD HAVE PROTECTED HIM ..."

 

"Could you really have done it? ... YG is like a father to you ... and even if you don't believe him that's what happened"

 

"I believe him ... I know what YG did ... and he doesn't mean anything to me anymore. I just came to tell him that ... that we no longer had to worry ..."

 

"JiYong ... I know it's not easy, but you have to try to understand that what Seungri did, he didn't do it because he doesn't love you, but quite the opposite ... although it may not have been the best decision, he just thought on her baby and on you. "

 

JiYong just looked up at the sky and gave a sigh. He had mixed feelings, he loved Seungri, but at that moment he was frustrated and angry. Just thinking that if he hadn't decided to show up, he might never have heard from his son. Daesung watched him for a moment before saying goodbye.

 

"Take your time, but give Seungri a chance to explain himself." Dae patted his shoulder and left.

Jiyong started walking, he needed to think. By the time he got back to the hospital, it was already midnight. He asked permission to see Seungri, and after pleading the nurse, she let him pass. Upon entering the room, he saw how Seungri was sleeping and next to his bed was a crib with his sleeping baby. He approached without making a sound and looked at him carefully, a tear and a smile were drawn on his face. He wanted to touch him, so he slowly caress one of his little hands. It looked so unreal. A fruit of him and Seungri, the whole situation was so incredible, like when they were told that Seungri was pregnant. But now to see him there breathing small, turnes everything so real, scary and cozy at the same time.

Seungri had heard the door open, he felt someone approach and he waited a moment, he slowly opened his eyes and saw the image of JiYong standing in front of the crib, he saw his expressions and how he smiled at the baby. He loved that man and he would never let him go again.

 

"JiYong ..."

 

JiYong looked at him and walked over to him. Seungri reached out for his hands. JiYong thought for a moment and then stretched out his hands to let Seungri take them.

 

"JiYong ... I ... have no words ... if you let me explain ... I ..."

 

He didn't let Seungri finish. He shortened the distance between them and brought his hands to caress his lover's face. He looked him in the eye and he said:

 

"Whatever you have to say to me, my answer is" okay, I forgive you ", I no longer care what happened, I just want to be with you and enjoy our son together ... and I also apologize, for having been so blind ... and let YG hurt you ... I was stupid ... I ... "

 

Seungri didn't let him finish. He shorten the distance between them and kiss his lips that he had longed for so much those months.

Between tears and smiles, they merged into a hug and then joined their foreheads and gave each other little kisses. Nothing mattered anymore. They were together again. And this time they had a stronger reason to fight for their love.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

A/N: Hello...finaly!!! Well.... Thank you so much for your patience... and next chapter is the final chapter!!! See you soon!!