Chapter Thirty Four

Back To You

Throughout the week, you talked to no one. You told Krystal what had happened and she freaked. For once, she didn't comfort you. She didn't talk to you the whole week. You knew why she's upset. You didn't accept Myungsoo's confession. You knew you made a mistake, your anger got the best of you. You were upset, that he was leaving you.

-

You sat down on your bed. Just staring off into space.Your knees were closed to your chest. It was Saturday and it was the day that Myungsoo was leaving. Just in a few hours he will be leaving for New York. You couldn't take it anymore and cried. You heard your door opened. You took a peek and saw Krystal.

"I'm leaving to go see Myungsoo oppa for the last time. Stay here if you want, I don't care. I'm just here to let you know, you're making the biggest mistake in your life." Krystal left your room. You didn't say anything but laid down. You closed your eyes and drifted off to sleep. 

~Your Dream~

You were walking in a meadow. There was nothing around you, only trees and the opened space. You looked down at what you were wearing. You were wearing a simple white dress. You kept walking when you heard someone calling for you. "~~~~?" You looked around but you saw no one. You kept hearing the voice. You kept turning around, trying to find the person calling you.

You kept turning until you felt someone stopped you. You saw someone in front of. You looked up and you thought you were going to faint. "O-Oppa?" Your older brother smiled at you. "Hey kiddo." You felt like crying. You couldn't believe it was your brother that was standing in front of you. You wanted to hug him, to see if he was real. And you did.

You hugged him and you felt his warmth. You hugged him tighter. "Oppa." "I missed you so much, kiddo." "I missed you too." He patted your back. "You been through a lot, huh?" You nodded your head. He pulled away and took your hand. You looked at him. "Let's take a walk." You nodded your head.

You noticed he was wearing white as well. He looked like an angel. You squeezed his hand. He smiled. You and Sungmin walked around the meadow. "Do you remember what I said at omma and appa's friend's wedding?" He asked you. You nodded your head, "I do." Sungmin stopped walking, and faced you. "Go after him." You tilted your head. "What are you talking about?" "You owe me, ~~~~." "I'm still not following." "I said if you ever fell for someone that's not Minhyuk, you owe me. And you owe me." You stared at him for a moment. "I...I..." "You love him, don't you?" You looked down.

"I think I messed up." You told him. "That's why I'm telling you this, dongsaeng-ah. Go after him. I want you to be happy ~~~~. I know you will do the same for me. So go." You look up and smile at him. "I love you, oppa." Sungmin smiled. "I love you too, kiddo." He hugged you, "Now wake up."

~End of Your Dream~

You shot up from your dream. You stared at the clock. You been asleep for 2 hours. And in a hour Myungsoo is leaving. Sungmin oppa is right, I have to go to him. But I can't get to the airport in just in an hour!  You got out of your bed and ran out your room. You ran down the stairs and out the door. Once you got outside, you almost knocked over Sungyeol. "Whoa. Slow down." You looked at him. "Sungyeol?" He nodded his head. "What are you doing here?" "I'm here because I wanted to tell you, to come see Myungsoo off. Or at least try to make amends with him." "He's leaving in an hour." You told him.

Sungyeol nodded his head. "I know." "Then why the hell are we standing here for?!" You shouted. Sungyeol jumped and took your hand. He headed to his red Yamaha motorcycle. He threw you a helmet. Which you had successfully caught. "You know how to drive a motorcycle?" He nodded his head. "Get on." You got on the back and you wrapped your arms around Sungyeol's waist. And he sped off.

-

At the airport, Myungsoo was getting ready to depart. He sat down on the chairs, expressionless. Sunggyu patted his back. Myungsoo looked at him. Sunggyu showed him a small smile. Myungsoo looked down and sighed. Sunggyu sighed. "Your mom isn't going with you hyung?" asked Sungjong. Myungsoo shook his head. "She's staying here to help with the company." "And your grandfather?" asked Woohyun. Myungsoo shrugged. "I don't know."

Everyone was quiet. "I'm sorry for ~~~~." Krystal said. "It was her decision. I guess she had a change of heart." said Myungsoo. Krystal shook her head. "She didn't, she...she was probably shocked and didn't know what she was saying." Myungsoo didn't say anything. Krystal looked down. 

Myungsoo hoped you did changed your mind and come to stop him from leaving. One last chance. If you come before I leave, I know you love me. If not, I'll forget about you.

-

You and Sungyeol were still pretty far from the airport. "Sungyeol can you go any faster?!" You shouted. "I'm trying not to get a ticket, here." "The hell with that! I'm trying to get back the person I love! SO HURRY UP!!" "OKAY!" Sungyeol sped off in top speed. He suavely passed each car. "Move it peoples!!" Sungyeol shouted. You held on to Sungyeol more tighter. Please wait Myungsoo. Please.

-

"The flight for New York will be departing shortly. Please line at the gate. I repeat. The flight for New York will be departing shortly. Please line at the gate."

Myungsoo got up from his seat. He held on to his suitcase and on to his passport and ticket. He kept waiting for you to come. Please ~~~~. Hurry. "Hyung it's almost time to go." said Sungjong. Myungsoo nodded his head. "Okay." He walked towards to the gate. "Please." He whispered.

-

You and Sungyeol finally reached the airport. You quickly got off the motorcycle. "Hurry, oppa!" "Wait le- Wait did you just call me 'oppa'?" "OPPA!" "Okay. Okay. I'm sorry." Sungyeol and you ran inside and tried to find the gate that was leaving for New York. "Where is it?" You asked him. He shrugged. You looked at Sungyeol in disbelief. "OPPA!" "I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention when they were talking." You shook your head and you almost ripped the hairs off your head.

"Okay. I'll go ask." Sungyeol left. You stood there, waiting for Sungyeol. You looked at the clock. Myungsoo was leaving in a couple of minutes. You bit down on your bottom lip. You could taste the iron. "Wait. Please wait."

-

Myungsoo soon gave up. He was leaving very soon. He looked at the others. They had tears in their eyes. They waved to him. Myungsoo waved back. He looked at the person at the gate. Myungsoo handed him his ticket. "Have a nice flight." Myungsoo nodded his head. He took one last glance behind him, just to see if you were there. You weren't there.

Myungsoo looked down and went through the gates. I know what you want. I'll try to forget about you.

-

Sungyeol found out the gate and you and him ran towards it. You ran at your top speed. Just hoping you weren't too late. You and Sungyeol reached the gates but you instantly broke. You saw the others with tears falling and Myungsoo gone. You walked towards the gates, ignoring the calls from Sungyeol. Sungjong saw you. "Noona?" Everyone looked at you. "~~~~?" said Krystal.

You ignored them and walked towards the closed gates. "No. NO!" You shouted. Passersby turned to look at you. "~~~~!" You ran to the gates and started banging on it. "NO! Come back! Don't leave! I'm sorry! I take it back, I don't want you to leave. I want you here. With me!" Your tears fell harder. Security came and took you away. You tried breaking out from their grasp but you failed. "I could take her." said Sunggyu.

The security guard gave you to Sunggyu. You tried pushing Sunggyu away. "Let me go! I need to get him back!" "~~~~. ~~~~! Look at me!" You looked at Sunggyu. "He's gone. He's gone now." You shook your head. "No." Sunggyu pulled you in and you cried into his chest. "Bring him back."

-

You finally calmed down. You sat down on a chair in a cafe in the airport. You sniffled. Everyone looked at you, in pity. "Noona?" called out Sungjong. You looked at him. Dead in the eyes. Sungjong frowned. He didn't like they were you look. Eyes bloodshot and swollen. Nose red. "You came to stop hyung, right?" "He's gone." You softly said.

Sungyeol looked down. He felt guitly. If only he paid attention, you wouldn't be like this. You would be with Myungsoo. Happy. Sungyeol looked down. "It's all my fault." Everyone looked at him. "Sungyeol-ah, it's not your fault." said Sunggyu. Sungyeol shook his head, "No it is. If I just paid attention." "Even if you did, you wouldn't have made it." said Hoya. Sungyeol's gaze still remained on the ground. "I still think it's my fault." Dongwoo patted his back.

You got up, "I'm going home." You walked away from them. "I'm going to go with her." said Sunggyu. Sunggyu went after you. "~~~~." You turned around. "I'll take you home." he said and took your hand. He brought you to his car and took you home. So you thought. You so him missed the exit to your house. "Where are you taking me?" Sunggyu didn't say anything. You decided not say anything and looked at the window.

You looked at the scenery outside. You noticed, it was familiar. You felt the car stopped. You saw Sunggyu go out the car and go around your side. He opened the door for you. You got out and he took your hand. The two of you kept walking, until you realized where you were. You stopped walking. Sunggyu looked at you. "Come on." He pulled and you both continued walking.

You walked for awhile and then you stopped. This was the last place you wanted to be. The place where everything went wrong. You looked at Sunggyu. "Why did you bring me here?" "I know you want to let it out. So go." "What are you talking about?" Sunggyu looked at you. "Scream. Let out all your feelings." You stared at him. Sunggyu motion you to go. You took a step forward. You took a deep breath.

You screamed your heart out. The pain you were feeling. The feeling of being alone, losing someone you deeply cherish. You felt your tears slide down on your face. Everyone around you started staring. Your screams slowly turned into sobs. You started sobbing loudly. You felt arms wrapped around you. Sunggyu brought you closer. "Just let it out, kiddo. Let it out."

********

The next day was hell for you. It has only been more than 24 hours and you were already killing yourself. You lied in your bed, with the curtains closed. Krystal tried getting you out of bed, but you only ignored her. My one and only happiness is gone. You rolled to your stomach and stayed in that position.

You heard a knock on your door. Thinking it was Krystal or her parents, you ignored them. The door opened and the curtains opened. You turned your head away from the blinding sunlight. "~~~~?" The voice wasn't Krystal's nor her parent's. You sat up and saw someone totally not expected. "Mrs. Kim?"

-

You were sitting on your bed while Myungsoo's mother sat on the chair. You thought she would be in New York with Myungsoo. You didn't look at her. "~~~~ sweetie, can you please look at me?" The tone in her voice was soft. You slowly looked up and looked at her. "I heard what happened." she said. You looked back down. She got off the chair and sat next to you on the bed. "Look, I understand. You miss him. I miss him too." She gave you a hug.

You didn't know whether to hug her back or not. So you sat there still. She pulled away. "You must be wondering why I'm here?" You slowly nodded your head. She pulled out a letter and handed it to you. "What's this?" You asked her. "Answers? Concerns? Hope?" You looked at her. She motion you to read it. You opened the letter and read it.

Dear ~~~~,

I already know your answer. I just wanted you to know, I won't forget you. Even if I try, I won't be able to. You're the only girl that could make me this crazy. You're all I think about. When you didn't tell me you love me, I admit, it hurt me. People say you have special feelings for me. But I wanted to hear it from you. And when I didn't, I got my answer for everything. Even if you don't love me, I will always love you. People can call me crazy for this one-sided love, but I don't care. You will be the only girl I will ever fall in love with. Even if I am with someone else in the end, I will be thinking of you. I may be far away but it doesn't mean I'm not there. I know you hate me, but can you at least do me one favor? I want you to be happy. Smile. I know me leaving hurts. I know that. Even if you don't love me, you do care. So please. Be happy. Try to live more freely. I'm sorry, that I didn't keep my promise. Things were unexpected. That's all I'm asking for, ~~~~. For you to smile and be happy. Me knowing that you're happy, it'll probably give me some closure. Even if you don't feel the same way. I will always love you, ~~~~. Remember that. I love you.

Love,
Myungsoo

You cried. After reading the letter, it made you feel even worst. If only I said 'I love you'. This would have never happened! I'm so stupid! Myungsoo's mother hugged you. You hugged her back. "You should listen to him." You pulled away. "What?" "Listen to Myungsoo. He wants you to be happy. Not upset. I know you love him and doing this could help you and him." "How?" "Trust me." She smiled. She went into her bag again and pulled out a necklace. "Myungsoo probably told you he didn't get you a Christmas present, huh?" You nodded your head, while wiping your tears.

She handed you the necklace. "Well he lied. He did buy you a present. And it's this necklace." You looked at it. It was beautiful. The butterfly fil perfectly well with the heart. The amethyst gem brings it out. "It's beautiful." You said. She nodded her head. She got up, "I have to go. But remember what he said. Be happy." With that, she left.

You looked at the necklace. You traced it. How am I supposed to be happy without you here? How?

******

It was the school day. You walked into the gates. Everyone at the school was aware of Myungsoo leaving. They also were aware of your behavior when he was around. And was worried now, since he's gone. You saw the gang but you walked passed them. "Is she still like that?" asked Woohyun. Krystal nodded her head. Minho placed his arms around her. "I'm afraid it's going to happen again." Krystal said. Everyone looked at you.

You walked down the halls, totally not aware of your surroundings. "It's happening again." "I know. Maybe even worse." "I feel bad for her." "I know. Me too." You heard the comments but ignore them. The only thing running through your head was the letter Myungsoo wrote you. Can I be happy without you here? You were the only one that could make me happy though.

You kept walking but stopped. You looked up and saw someone familiar. It was the freshman. Hwang Hyunsoo. He looked at you with his doe eyes. "Noona?" You just stared at him. Everyone was looking at you and Hyunsoo. "I heard what happened with Myungsoo hyung." You looked down. "I know noona is upset. But noona shouldn't be upset. I heard from a lot of people that Myungsoo hyung cares about you. And from some, you do too." You looked up at him again. People were aware?  "Look. Noona shouldn't be upset. Be happy noona. For yourself and for Myungsoo hyung."

Everyone was listening close to Hyunsoo, as well with you. You pulled out the necklace that Myungsoo got you. You slightly smiled. Your hand gripped on it. You looked at Hyunsoo and went towards. Some were scared on what you were about to do. The gang looked at you, just hoping you won't do anything studpid. You gave them all a big surprised when you gave Hyunsoo a hug.

Hyunsoo, himself, was surprised. "Noona?" "Thank you. I guess hearing it from a lot more people needed me to know what I should do. So thank you." You pulled away and smiled. "Thank you Hyunsoo-ah~" Hyunsoo smiled back. "You're welcome, noona." Everyone was surprised on your behavior, even the others. They quickly smiled.

********

Throughout the rest of the school year, you weren't upset. You tried being happy. You became your cheerful self again. But deep inside you were still upset. But you didn't want to show it. At times you will hang out with the guys. You visited Jonghun's cafe more often. You even brought Krystal, Minho and Infinite.

You miss Myungsoo but you didn't want the others to worry again. Everyone at the school took their end of the year exams. As well with the seniors; their college exams. After a week, everyone found out their scores. And surprisingly enough, you got the highest score in the school. Winning your title of the number one smartest person in the school. Also winning the chance to be valedictorian.

Students set up the whole gym for the graduating seniors. After so much waiting. You were graduating.

******

It was graduation day. You looked in the mirror. You had a nice simple dress. You wore your graduation gown over it and you placed the cap on your head. You looked at you neck. You wore the cresent moon your mother gave you and the heart shape necklace with the butterfly that Myungsoo gave you. You smiled at yourself.

"Are you ready?" You turned around and saw Krystal. She wore the same thing. "Yeah." You told her. "Do you have your speech ready?" You didn't know what to say for your speech. "I'm just going to wing it." "Wow. You're going to be the first person to wing a graduation ceremony." She joked. "I'm pretty sure there are others out there that had wing a valedictorian speech." Krystal shrugged. She took your hand and pulled you downstairs.

Krystal's parents were downstairs holding cameras. "Look at them! Graduating from high school! They're growing up!" said Krystal's mother. "Omma." said Krystal. She smiled. "Picture time girls." said Krystal's father. You and Krystal stood by the door and posed. Krystal's father took the picture. "Beautiful." You and her smile.

The door swung open. "Are we late?" said Jessica. Jessica moved out of the house and moved in with Jay in their new apartment. "No. We were about to leave." said Krystal's mother. Jessica nodded her head. She looked at you and Krystal. "You guys are growing up so fast. I swear!" You and Krystal laughed. "Okay. Okay. Let's go. We have a graduation to attend."

-

Everyone was crowded in the gym. Friends and families were there. You sat down next Krystal. You looked at her. She looked at you and smiled. She took your hand and squeezed it. You smiled. "Happy guys?" asked Dongwoo. "Absolutely!" said Sungyeol. You laughed. "This going to be great." said Woohyun. "Okay guys. Be quiet. The principal is going to talk." said Sunggyu.

The principal did his speech. Talking about the school year and about the seniors. You noticed some students were tearing up. Some other teachers did their own speeches. Soon it was your turn. "And now I would like to give you this year's valedictorian. Miss. Lee ~~~~." Everyone clapped. You got up and made your way to the stage. You looked at the crowd. You took a deep breath.

"This year many events had happened. To others and to me. Just in the beginning of the year of I lost my family in a car crash. I honestly thought it was the end of the world for me. But it wasn't. Everyone went through a lot. From the tests and quizzes and the amount of homework the teachers give us" "YEP!" Someone shouted out. Everyone laughed. You laughed as well.

"I as well went through a lot. I neglected everyone I ever love. Half of the year, everything went downhill for me. But then some certain peoples came into my lives." You looked at Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Woohyun, Hoya, Sungyeol. You even saw Sungjong. "These people gave me a true meaning to be happy again. Without them I probably won't be here. I also can't forget the friends that I can never replace." You looked at Krystal and Minho. "Who stood by me, when I'm at my worst state." You stopped talking. All eyes were on you. "And then there's that certain someone. Without him, for sure I wouldn't be here. He taught me how to be happy again. How to be myself. He stood by me the most. I thank him for everything. Those are the memories I will be taking with me when I leave. And I will tell you this class of 2012, bring every memory with you. May it be good or bad, bring it with you. Cause in the future, it'll make you stronger. Congratulations! We did it." Everyone clapped at your speech. Some students and parents as well with teachers, were tearing.

You went back to your seat. The principal then started calling names up to recieve their diplomas. You watched students go up. You saw Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Woohyun, Hoya, Sungyeol, Minho and Krystal go up. Lastly, your name was called. "Lee ~~~~." You went up and took your diplomas. You smiled. "Congratulations, ~~~~." "Thank you." You went off the stage and back to your seat. "And that's our class of 2012. Congratulations!" Everyone cheered and stood up. They threw their caps in the air. 

-

Everyone was taking pictures and saying goodbye. Some cried. You took pictures with the guys. "Great job!" said Sungjong's mother. She hugged every one of you. "Now you all are grown ups, except for Sungjong." Omma!" whined Sungjong. "Oh calm down." Sungjong pouted. You laughed. "Okay. I want a big picture of you guys. Gather up." said Krystal's mother.

Everyone gather together. You looked around you. Everyone had happy smiles on their faces. Only one thing was missing. Myungsoo. You touched the necklace. You looked at the camera. I'm going to be happy. For you. Maybe one day, you'll come back. I'll be happy. You smiled. Just for you.


This is sort of a long chapter but not too long. The next chapter will be the last.
I'm sorry if this was rushed.