Chapter Twenty

Back To You

You and Myungsoo walked along the roads. Myungsoo was holding on to your hand. You slightly blushed at the sight of that. You saw a couple, probably in their middle 20s, walked pass you and Myungsoo. "Look at them! Why don't you hold my hand like that? Uh! I wish I was young again!" said the girl. The boy tried calming her down but the girl just ignored him and walked away. You looked at them, "Wow." you said. "Interesting, huh?" You heard Myungsoo say. You looked at him. "I guess." "I find bickering couples interesting." he said. You looked confused, "Why?" He shrugged. You shook your head. 

You both continue to walk. "Where are we going?" you asked him. "Supermarket." he replied. "Why?" "I was thinking, a dinner and a movie for today." he said looking at you. "So you're making the food?" you asked him. He nodded his head, "I'm being original. I'm cooking the food and we would rent a movie. I'm not going to take you out to a fancy restaurant. And go to a movie theater." "Wow. You're a man." you joked. "Yep. Real men make their own food." he said. You laughed. 

You and Myungsoo reached the supermarket. Myungsoo let go of your hand and went to get a cart. "Let's go." he said. You follow him around, like a lost puppy. "I thought it was my choice?" you asked him. He nodded his head, "It is. You get to pick what you want to it and you get to choose the movie." You nodded your head. "So what do you want me to make?" Myungsoo asked you. "I'm in the mood for pasta." you told him. He nodded his head. He strolled through the aisle to look for the ingredients for the pasta. "So we need noodles, sauce, what else?" he asked you. "Depends on what you're making." you said. "So what do you want?" he asked you. You thought it about, "How about Chicken Carbonara? Krystal's mom made it for me one time. It was good." you told him. Myungsoo thought about it and nodded his head, "Okay. What's the ingredients?" You told him the ingredients and he was off to go find it. He left you standing there alone. You looked at his disappearing figure, "Okay. That's cool, leave me here." you said to him. You heard him laugh from the distance, "You know you could come." You grumbled and followed him. He was in the aisle with the noodles. "Do you  care what kind?" he asked you. You shook your head. He nodded his head and grabbed the bow tie looking noodles. Myungsoo continue to get the ingredients. "Do you trust me?" he asked you. You stopped in your tracks, "What?" Myungsoo stopped and looked at you. "Do you trust me?" You looked at him and nodded your head, "Yeah I do." He smiled, "Good." Myungsoo went towards you and stuck out his hand, "Come here." You looked at his hand and backed at him, "Why?" "You said you trust me. So come here." You hesitated but went towards him. He took your hand and lifted you up bridal style. You were surprised. "Yah! What are you doing?! Put me down!" you shouted, causing people that were in the market looked at you funny. "Shh. Be quiet. You're causing a ruckus." he said. "Then put me down!" Myungsoo sighed, "Fine." Instead of putting you down, he placed you in the cart. "What are you doing?" you asked him. "I'm going to push you." he said. "Why?" you asked him. "Because it's fun. And you're always tired." he said. "But I'm not tired now." you told him. He shrugged and pushed the cart with you in it. "This is weird." you said. "Well for you maybe, but for me, nope." he said. You glared at him. He just smiled at you. "Are we done?" you asked him. "Yeah, I think so." Myungsoo said, "Let's go buy these."

You and Myungsoo went to the register to buy the foods. The lady at the register looked at you weird. You sheepishly smiled at her. She just ignored it and checked out the foods. You grumbled. You felt someone staring at you. You turn your head and saw a boy looking at you. He was probably your age. He smiled at you. You didn't know if you should smile back. Myungsoo looked down at you and saw you looking somewhere. He followed your gaze. He saw the boy looking at you. Jealously overcame him. The boy was obviously flirting with you, without using words. Only his eyes. You just looked at him. Myungsoo clenched his hands. You obviously didn't know the boy was flirting with you. And Myungsoo knew that. Myungsoo cleared his throat and placed his hands on your shoulders, "Babe, we're almost done and we'll leave, kay?" You looked at him, all confuse. "What?" "Don't worry, we'll leave soon." he said while kissing the top of your head. You blushed. Myungsoo glared at the boy. The boy was frighten by Myungsoo's stare and looked away. Myungsoo smirked. Myungsoo paid for the food and you and him left. Myungsoo helped you out the cart. "Do you need help?" you asked him. You watched him struggle with groceries. "Yeah, you want to help?" he asked. You grabbed one of the groceries from him, "A gentlemen will actually man up and say he's fine." "Well I'm sorry that these bags are heavy." he whined. "What was that all about?" you asked him. "What's what?" he asked. "You know...what happened at the supermarket." you slowly said. Myungsoo chuckled, "You obviously didn't know that boy back there was flirting with you." "He was?" He nodded his head. "It doesn't seem like it." you said. "You're just clueless." he said. You stared at him. "Is that an insult?" He shrugged and walked away. "Jerk." you mumbled. "I heard that." said Myungsoo. You gaped at him. "Do you have like super hearing?" you asked him. "No." You followed him. "Are we going to walk all the way to your place?" you asked him. "No. I parked my car along the road over there." he said while pointing to his car. You nodded your head. You both walked to the car. Myungsoo told you to place the bag in the back, so you did. 

You got in the front seat, while Myungsoo got in the driver seat. He started the car and drove off. You were slightly bored. So you decided to play with your phone. You got it out and noticed you got a one missed call. How come I didn't notice? Weird. You checked who it was. Jung Krystal. You called her back. You heard the other line ringing.

"Hello?" Krystal said.

"You called?" You asked her. "Who's that?" Myungsoo asked you. You looked at him, "Krystal." He nodded his head and resume driving.

"Yeah. Are you having fun?" You could tell she was having fun teasing you.

"Why do you want to know?" you said to her harshly.

"Ouch. That hurts. I just wanted to know, you didn't pick up so I thought you were having fun."

"We just went to a supermarket. That's all."

"Is he going to make you food?"

"Yeah. We're going to eat at his place and also watch a movie." you told her. You heard her squeal. You pulled the phone away from your ear. And you placed it back on your ear. 

"That's so sweet!" said Krystal.

"Krys he's just making food. Okay. Nothing more." you sternly told her.

"You never know what could happen. Something good might happen." she teased.

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh you know exactly what I'm talking about."

"Wh- Oh my god! JUNG KRYSTAL, YOU ERTED GIRL!" you shouted. Your scream scared Myungsoo. He jerked the car but he regain his posture. You heard Krystal laughing in the background.

"This is not funny! How could you think that?! We're not even dating." you whispered the last part, making sure Myungsoo wouldn't hear.

"Whatever. But still you never know what's going to happen. Things don't just happen by accident."

"Does that even make sense?"

"IT DOES! I got to go, my mom needs me."

"Okay."

"Have fun. And remember to use protection!" she quickly said and hung up before you could yell at her.

You cursed under your breath. You massages your temples. That conversation with Krystal gave you a headache. "You okay?" You heard Myungsoo say. You looked at him, "Let's just say, when I get home, Krystal won't be seeing the day of light ever again." "Does it have anything to do with the scream awhile ago?" he asked you. You nodded your head, "Yeah." "You also said, 'Jung Krystal you erted girl'. So I'm guessing it's erted." he said. "You don't want to know." He nodded his head, "I actually don't want to know."

After awhile, you and Myungsoo reached his place. You and Myungsoo got out of the car. Myungsoo threw you the house keys, "Go ahead inside, I'll get the bags." You caught the keys and went to the front door. You open the door with the key. You didn't know what to do, so you went to the living room. You sat down on the couch and looked around. You noticed a picture. You went to it and picked up the picture. You saw a little boy around 5 or 6 crying while holding a ice cream cone. You notice the ice cream on the ground. You couldn't help but smile at the sight. I'm guessing this is Myungsoo. You took out your phone and took a picture with it. You heard Myungsoo coming in. You quickly place your phone in your pocket and placed the picture where it was. "What are you doing?" You turn around and saw Myungsoo in front of you. "Uhh, nothing?" "Was that a question?" he asked you. "I don't know, was it?" Myungsoo sighed, "Never mind." He headed to the somewhere and you followed him. You saw Myungsoo go inside the kitchen. You sat down at the table while Myungsoo placed the bags on the counter. You watched him getting started on the pasta. You watched him go somewhere. You were confused but when he came back, you burst out laughing. You saw Myungsoo in a pink apron. "What are you wearing?" you asked him while still laughing. "I didn't want to get my clothes dirty." he said. You continue to laugh while he started on the pasta. You laughed until you choked on your own spit. Myungsoo rushed to you and patted your back, "You okay?" You nodded your head, "I'm fine. Now I'm tired." "I wonder why." You glared at him. "What? It wasn't my fault you laugh until you choked." "You're the one that's wearing a pink apron." "It was the only color I could find, okay?" "Okay, fine."

The air was filled with the delicious scent from the pasta. You were getting hungry. You didn't eat anything all day. You woke up, had a 'nice' conversation with Krystal, watched Jessica try on wedding dresses, tried on a couple of bridesmaids dresses and went grocery shopping with Myungsoo. Nothing in there said anything about eating food. You heard your stomach grumble. You groaned and banged your head on the table. You heard Myungsoo laugh. You turned your head, your hair was all over your face but you could still see. "What?" you asked him. "You know banging your head on the table is bad. You can lose brain cells." You shot your head up, "Do I look like I care?" you asked him, while giving him 'I don't care' look. "Not really. Are you hungry?" he asked you. "Yes! I haven't eaten anything all day!" you whined. Myungsoo looked surprised. 1) You didn't eat anything all day and didn't complain until now. 2) You just whine in front of him. "Did you just whine?" he asked you. "Why? I can't whine?" you asked. "No, it's just that, the time I've known you, you have never whine in front of me nor the others." "I just don't do it in front of people." He nodded his head. "Well since you're starving, the food is ready." He grabbed a plate and placed the pasta on it and placed it front of you. It looked delicious. It looked professional. Myungsoo sat in front of you, "Go on, eat." You looked at him. You saw nothing in front of him. "You're not eating?" "Unlike you, I already ate." "I had my reasons." "Which are?" "There not important. The only thing important right now, is that I'm hungry." You stopped talking to Myungsoo and took a bite of the food. Once the food hit your tongue, you instantly hit heaven. You smiled. "Is it good?" You heard Myungsoo say. You nodded your head, "I didn't know you could cook this well." "You had little faith in me, didn't you?" You sheepishly nodded your head. "Wow. No food for you." he said while taking the food away from you. Your eyes widen, "No! Bring it back! I'll do anything, just don't take away the food." Myungsoo smirked, "Anything?" You nodded your head, not knowing what's going on. "Okay, give me a kiss." You stared at him and blanked out. "Excuse me, what?" "You heard me. Kiss me." You blinked at him. "No." "You said anything." "But nothing with skinship." "You didn't say that." He was right. And you know that. "D-Do I h-have to?" you stuttered. Myungsoo notice you stuttered. He shook his head, "You don't have to." You nodded your head. You looked at him, "Can I have the pasta back?" you asked him cutely. Myungsoo was literally frozen. His heart beat was increasing. He didn't say anything. "Myungsoo?" He didn't reply. You tried again, "Myungsoo?" No reply. You got up from your seat and went towards him. You took the plate out from his hands and went back to the table.

You finished the pasta. You sighed in satisfaction. "Delicious!" You notice Myungsoo still standing where he was before. You grabbed your plate and went up to him. "Myungsoo?" No reply. You waved your hand in front of his face, "Hello~ Earth to Kim Myungsoo~" Still no reply. You slumped your shoulders. Man, what is he thinking? He's so out of it right now. He barely moved. You looked at the dirty plate. I guess I'll just clean this. You went to the sink and washed your plate. You placed the plate in one of the cabinet. You went back to Myungsoo and stood in front of him. You crossed your arms and stared at him. You took a deep breath and screamed at the top of your lungs. Myungsoo jumped at your burst. He breathed heavily and looked at you, "Why'd you scream?" "Seriously? You were staring into space. I called you like a million times." "Really?" You nodded your head. "Oh. I'm sorry." he said. "What were you thinking?" you asked him. "It's not important." "Okay." Myungsoo looked around, "You finish?" You nodded your head, "Yeah. It was good." He nodded his head. "Let's go." He left the kitchen with you following him. You saw it was dark outside. "Do we have time to watch a movie?" you asked him. "Yeah. What kind of movie do you want to watch? Romantic Comedy, Horror, Action?" he asked you. You thought about it, "Horror." He raised and eyebrow, "Are you sure?" "I'm positive." "I havethe movie, A Tale of Two Sisters. Do you want to watch that?" "Sure." "It's in my room. We could watch it in there." You nodded your head. You both went to his room. Before the two of you could go upstairs, someone came through the front doors. Myungsoo looked at the person coming in, "Omma. You're back." You looked at his mother. She was beautiful. Pale skin, long hair, everything a girl could ever want. "Yeah. Who's this?" Mrs. Kim said while pointing at you. You bowed, "Hello. I'm Lee ~~~~. I'm Myungsoo's friend." Mrs. Kim looked at you, like she was after her prey. Her stare was intense and you felt uncomfortable. At least I know where Myungsoo gets his stare from. She went up to you. And to your surprised she pinched your cheek. "Omma! What are you doing?" Myungsoo said. "What. She's cute." she said. You blushed at her words, "Uh. Thank you." Mrs. Kim squealed, "You're so cute!" she said and gave you a hug. You were surprised by the sudden hug but you hugged her back. "You know I always wanted a daughter, Myungsoo." Mrs. Kim said while winking at him. "Omma!" he shouted. Mrs. Kim pulled away from you, "What? I'm just speaking my mind." "Well some of us don't want to hear it." Mrs. Kim frowned, "Yah. I'm your mother. Respect me." she sighed, "I'm leaving. Goodbye. It was nice meeting you, ~~~~." "It was nice meeting you as well." you said. Mrs. Kim smiled and left to go to the kitchen. "I'm sorry about that." Myungsoo said. "It's okay." you told him. "Okay. Let's go." You and Myungsoo went to his room.

You sat on his bed with the movie in your hands. You never did like horror movies. And you didn't know why you chose a horror movie. You always get nightmares when you watch a scary. You always have trouble sleeping. You looked at the cover.

 

You took a deep breath. Time to overcome your fears, ~~~~. "You okay?" you looked at up and saw Myungsoo. "Yeah, I'm fine." you told him. "You sure? You look somewhat pale right now." he said and went up to you. He placed his hand on your forehead, "No fever." "I'm fine. Let's watch the movie." you told him. He nodded his head. He grabbed the movie from you and placed the movie in the DVD player. The movie started playing.

You were holding on to one of Myungsoo's pillows. You were obviously scared. On the other hand Myungsoo was not. He just laid there looking at screen with a blank face. You looked at him, "You're not scared?" He looked at you, "No. I saw this so many times, I basically know the whole story." Myungsoo notice how you were holding the pillow. "Are you scared?" Before you could answer him, you heard a scream from the movie. You jumped and scooted closer to Myungsoo. Myungsoo was slightly uncomfortable, not because he didn't like it. He liked at it a little too much. Myungsoo felt the heat in his cheeks rise. It was a good thing the lights were off, so you couldn't see him blush. "It's okay." he said. You took a peek at the movie. It looked like a safe time to watch it. You relaxed. But your relaxation ended quickly when something popped up on the screen. You buried your face in Myungsoo's chest. Myungsoo placed his arms around you, "It's okay." You continue to watch the movie. You in Myungsoo's arm and Myungsoo's arms around you. Soon the movie ended. Nobody went to go turn off the tv. Both you and Myungsoo were asleep. A knock was heard from outside Myungsoo's door. The person outside waited for a couple of seconds before entering. Mrs. Kim entered the room and saw her son sleeping with a girl. Mrs. Kim went to turn off the tv. She went to the side of the bed and pulled the covers over both you and Myungsoo. She smiled. "Good night." she whispered. She left the room with the door closing behind her.

*******

Myungsoo stirred in his sleep. The sun light from outside was shining through his curtains. Myungsoo groaned. Damn sun. ing blinding me and ruining my perfect sleep. He pulled in whatever he was hugging. Myungsoo thought it was a pillow but oddly it didn't feel like a pillow. He felt 'the pillow' move. Pillows don't move. He open his eyes and saw you. You were sleeping right beside him. Myungsoo stared at your sleeping face trying to capture what was going on. He remembered you and him were watching a movie, you were scared, he placed his arms around you and then everything went blank. Myungsoo sat up and swung his legs to the side of the bed.  I slept with ~~~~. Well not exactly 'slept' with her. I just slept beside her. We didn't do anything.  Myungsoo felt the bed moving . He turn around and saw you waking up. You opened your eyes and blinked several times. You turn your head and saw Myungsoo staring at you. He looked like he just woke up. His hair was messed up. You actually thought he looked attractive. His nice fair skin matched pretty well with his bed head. You honestly didn't notice you were sleeping in his bed. After awhile you finally notice. Your eyes widen and you shot up. You open your mouth to speak, but Myungsoo interrupted you, "Before you start freaking out. I just wanted to say, we didn't have ." "Okay..." The whole atmosphere was silent. You feel like you were forgetting something. After realizing, you quickly got out of bed. Myungsoo looked at you. "We have school today." you told him. "!" you heard him say. Myungsoo got out of bed. "I have to take you home." he said. You nodded your head. You and Myungsoo got out of his room and basically ran downstairs. Mrs. Kim came out of the living room, "Whoa! Slow down! What's the rush?" "I have to take ~~~~ home. We have to school today." Myungsoo told her. "Okay. I'll take ~~~~ home. You just get ready." "That's fine with me." you said. Myungsoo nodded his head, "Okay. I'll see you at school." he said to you. Myungsoo then went back upstairs to change. "Come on." said Mrs. Kim.

You were in the car with Mrs. Kim. You told her your address and the whole car ride was silent. Where ever you go, the car ride will always be either awkward or silent or just both. After the long silent ride, you reached the house. 'Thank you." you bowed. "No problem." Mrs. Kim said. You got out of the car. "Stop by anytime, ~~~~. You're a welcome guest at the Kims." she said with a smile. You smiled back, "Okay. Bye." You turn around and went towards the door. You placed your key in and open the door. As soon as you open the door, you were attacked by a pair of arms. "Oh my god! You're okay!" said Krystal. "Yeah." was all you said. "What happened?" Krystal asked you. "I accidently slept over at Myungsoo's place." you told her. Krystal's eyes widen, "You guys did it?!" You shook your head, "No! I just slept over." "Oh." It sounded like she was sort of disappointed. "Well you need to get ready. My mom and dad were freaking out. I'll just tell them what happen. Just get change." Krystal told you. You nodded your head. You went upstairs to your room. What a hell of a morning. 


Here's another update. I'm going to try to update a long chapter. 

Life has been pretty crazy. I have to study for a Science test tomorrow and I'm going to busy with homework for Social Studies for a whole month.  :( Not cool.

I'll try to update as much as I can, even if I have a ton of homework.

Comment & Subscribe~