Stupid Cupid

Dear Friend,


     Start of 2nd year

 


Frankly speaking this is the first time Choi Jinri has told me she’s crushing on someone. Since in diapers there are a lot of people who adores her. I know for sure that fact didn’t change. Well who wouldn’t love her? She’s very refreshing, polite, kind, warm, responsible, and smart and so many more that made her the perfect beauty body and brain. Sehun on the other hand is kind, nice, good. In short they are barely perfect for each other. Well I can’t do anything my lovely cousin have it hard. Like I’ve mentioned If I’ll make her happy then ill support her all the way.


The biggest problem is how am I supposed to make them together when they don’t even belong to the same section? hmmm…

 

 

xoxo

 

 


“Hey Soojung, how was your first day?” he asked over the phone. It’s just the start of class today. No matter how many times I scold him about my name he refused to call me Krystal.


“It’s fine. I only retain a few classmates from last year so it made me so happy. Our section is heaven.” I said because honestly I never hide the fact that I don’t like my classmates more specifically those bratty and arrogant Alpha Rose. Horay for Krystal’s sophomore year! Sorry Rose you know I lurve you, but it’s your fault to making your group name after your own.


“Good to hear. My section doesn’t have much of our previous classmates as well.” he said but my mind say ‘Yahoo! be happy no more bad spirits to cloud your days!’ Rose really really like Oh Sehun well it’s same for most of its irritating members. I bet she’s sulking somewhere.


“Sehun, do you have anyone you’re interested in?” I said because with great news there are great results. Right? right?


“Why do you suddenly ask?”


“Just because I wanted to ask. Just answer it; Yes or No.” I insist


“No.” he answer a little too fast for my liking.


But when I think about it not once have he even mention a girl or pertaining to woman. I never heard him say ‘don’t you think this one is pretty’ ‘I find this girl cute’ ‘she’s nice I like her’. Of all the chattering we done in the past year I don’t remember a single conversation which is about a girl.


“Good! I’ll introduce you to someone” I said with so much enthusiasm. In the short time that I learn about him, he never say NO.


“No thanks.” he responded dryly. Say What?


“Just listen to me first, if you don’t like then let’s forget about it.” trying to sound sweet as honey.


“…” no reply so I continue.


“You remember Choi Jinri right? You know you two would look good together.” I said but HA my cousin is way out of his league.


“…” still no response but I still haven’t heard the dial tone so he haven’t hang up yet. Let’s try harder.


“She’s suuuuuper nice. Even in middle school a lot of boys like her. I assure you she’s not like your regular fangirl. She’s also a certified beauty and brain. Just ask around. I’m not saying this coz she’s my cousin” or the fact that I don’t know what she sees in you “…but she’s really adorable once you get to know her.”


“Who are you cupid? Isn’t cupid stupid?” he said like this is just a regular conversation we’re having. Is he implying I’m stupid?


“No. I don’t have wings and I’m not high enough to wear a diaper just so I could I shoot your heart! I’m a matchmaker!” I cheered joyfully. My sister Jessica was passing by and she look at me weirdly. I just smile at her. I asked mom to buy me an extension phone ages ago but she always forget.


“We’ll see…” he said but to me it’s like ‘I’ll dodge every arrows you send’


“What?” I said indignant. Our maid Bongsun is passing by to give Jessica and her visitors from the US some tray of pastries.


She stops in front of me shaking her head. “Teenagers” she said with thick busan accent and walk to the living room.


“Can’t you see? So many boys want her. I really don’t understand why of the whole male population she choose to like you…” to think your so skinny, not that smart, not even that tall and your speech is kinda funny. My toque is itching to add but I hold myself he might not listen to my request if I tell him the glaring truth.


“Don’t be too worked up over this. Look here; there are so many things to consider. Like if we would get along, if we’re comfortable with each other, if this is what we both want.” he said and I want to remind him that they’re not getting married so why worry about factors to be consider?


“I don’t have any first had experience with relationships so I don’t have any idea. And I don’t want to go get myself a girl just so I can say to myself I’m a complete man by having girlfriend. ” so he’s thinking serious about relationship for the long run? Maybe that’s why even girls at school throw themselves at him he just blatantly ignores all of them.


“I see…” I said still digesting what he said.


“Besides we haven’t even talk.”


“Of course not! You talked before!” I said as I recall Jinri saying that they did met at school


“I don’t think so?” he denied.


“During Enrolment period…” I try to remind him.


“Enrolment?...oh! yeah. I think I saw her there. I talk to her briefly but she wouldn’t even look at me.” he state. You’re unpleasant to look at! That’s why. Of course that’s just me. Jinri would disagree.


“At leaset you have talked. Do you have a mobile phone?”


“Yes”


“Give me your number!” I demand


“NOOOOO.” he said dragging the O.


“Sehun, stop overreacting! I’m just asking for your number not half of your kidney!?” I said a little irritated.


“Well... What if you give it out to everyone?” he said reluctantly


“Just Jinri I promised. I won’t even used it for my own”


“Can’t you just give her number to me? Doesn’t she have landline instead?”


“They don’t have landline phone. Why are you so stingy?” I hit our coffee table as I complain to him.


“It’s not that. I just bought a new phone recently so I haven’t used it as much yet.”


“Don’t tell me this is only time you will have a mobile phone.”


“No… The truth is after I graduated my parents gifted me with a brand new phone but my friends and I go island hoping the day after. While on the boat I didn’t realize it was hanging on my pocket and I accidentally dropped it in the ocean. As punishment for taking for granted my stuff my dad said they won’t buy me a new one. But it’s alright, it’s not like I can’t live without a mobile phone.” he narrates without a hint of bitterness… and I wonder…


“Really? You know everyone human I know can’t possible survive without a mobile phone.” I said to him.


“Your point?”


“You’re not human!”


“tsk” he said chuckling a little.


“But don’t worry once you get acquainted with the goddess that is Choi Jinri you will bloom into a full mortal and you will live a happy selfless life! AMEN!” I cheer over the phone.


“Wow, that’s kind a strong coming from you.” he said guffaw.


“Just wait and see! HAHAHA!” I said cackling wildly.


“…” he didn’t answer but I know he’s smiling. I also know that he’ll give it a shot, like I said he never know how to say NO. Hooray for my wonderful sophomore year!

 

 

 

 

 

Even I’m conniving and selfish you still listen to my whining and give in to my request.