Busy

Dear Friend,

With so many task and busy schedules I rarely speak with Sehun both in school and at home. If he ever called it’s short and usually questions about assignments and clarifications about reports. We have lots of cooperative learning and reporting this start of the year. Our Teachers said it’s an early preparation for our upcoming collegiate life. It’s overstretched to say that, there’s still 4th year!

 

Sometimes I see Chanyeol in the library or pantry, more often when they were in the ground training as a junior officer. I wonder what rank he will be promoted at the end of the year. They do the same thing, (or so I think it’s all the same exercise) running, shouting, marching and more marching uniformly. Oh Life of a COCC. I remember Sehun once mentioned if he should join the COCC during sophomore year. I just laugh at the notion. It’s absurd just thinking about it, with his stick like figure, no way. He’ll just embarrass himself.

 

I was outside the library waiting along with my other members as duty. I was looking to the ground where the officers are currently standing still, when suddenly Chanyeol looks up. I met his gaze and then he smile broadly, for a second I thought he’ll start flapping his arms in the air.

 

“Oh My Gosh! He’s looking at me!” Mijoo a second year and a member of the book lovers club giggle in glee.

 

“OMO, the school’s Boyfriend-material is looking at us!” Said Beanie another sophomore. My bad, I thought Chanyeol is looking at me.

 

“He’s smiling! He’s smiling!”

 

“Such a sweetie pie. Tall, smart, cute, sincere plays the guitar really well. What more can you ask for?” Said Kei dreamily. The students really love loves giving out titles like candies. I wonder who gave him the title. He’s more of a Yoda.

 

The three girls beside me giggle in pure delight. Oh well I turn my back waiting for whatever meeting is taking place inside library to be over. I heard the senior officer scolding him for not paying attention while in the middle of formation. I heard his underground voice shouting “Sir! Yes Sir!” I fight myself to look back coz I’m sure he’s being punished. But then again Chanyeol and I never speak with each other inside the campus. Whenever I pass by and I saw him he usually just stop whatever he’s doing then smile so bright I wonder if he’ll tear his face in two. I usually don’t respond to him, on rare occasions I give a court nod in return. Students love gossips and I had enough on my plate as it is.

 

 

+++

 

 

Ever since then Chanyeol would always be around their house whenever I arrive. Sometimes after school I would see him outside then we’ll walk together to the sub or to bus to get to their house.

 

 I was waiting for Yoora unnie, sitting comfortable in their living room. Chanyeol is here to keep me company. Their maid even prepare us snack.

 

I was sipping my juice when my eyes caught him staring intently at his phone. Normally he initiates conversation whenever we’re together. But today he’s been awfully quiet and keeps looking at his phone giggling loudly by himself.

 

“Is there any interesting news? Like class suspension?” I ask when I couldn’t keep my curiosity at bay. Maybe my teacher in pre-calc. will be absent from tomorrow onwards. How I wish!

 

“Ah, no it’s not. It’s Jokwon, he likes sending memes.” He simply said.

 

“If you like I can send it to you” he offer

 

“Oh sure.” I said thinking of killing time. I fished my phone from my bag to dictate my number. But a message just arrived. When I open it a meme greets me.

 

“I got your number from noona, I hope you don’t mind.” Chanyeol said sounding apologetic. His scratching his side and the tips of his ears are painted in pink.

 

“Nah, its fine” I said shrugging it off.

 

He sends unlimited memes that’s why we’re both chuckling. Some I get some I don’t. Maybe it has something to do with how smart people’s brain works the same way like his source. When I saw an owl memes I immediately send it to Vic just to irritate her. I sense someone staring at me so I look up. Chanyeol is looking at me.

 

“Why”

 

“Ah…” He said uncertain scratching his side again. “Well my girl best friend Seunghwan sends me something.” He explains. I’m familiar with Seunghwan, the petite gal from the pilot section we share classes in P.E and Home Economics. She seems nice always smiling and level headed unlike most of her air headed classmates. Somehow they two seem to fit together.

 

“What is it?” I ask

 

“Nothing.” He said dissmisively. Okay. So I stare back at my phone screen to read Vic’s reply. She sent me a skinless tiger. Is that supposed to be me? Lame.

 

“Mm…Krystal” I hear Chanyeol said softly

 

“Hm?” I said but I didn’t look up at him, I’m searching for something to send to Amber. Preferably a pink pig that’s swimming in the mud. Hehe. Change of target.

 

“I’m going to read you something, and then I’ll give you 2 options. You have to choose one” Chanyeol said.

 

“Shoot” I said putting down my phone.

 

“Pizza or Pasta” he ask

 

“Pizza!” We both said at the same time. Why is he answering as well?

 

“Hawaiian or Peperronni?” He asks reading from his phone.

 

“Cheese!” We said together.

 

“Double Cheese” he said smiling so I smile to him as well.

 

“Tea or Coffee?”

 

“Tea” again we said at the same time

 

“Milk Tea!” Actually. I added. It was probably Sehun’s biggest influence.

 

“Me too. I like Milk tea especially Winter melon. How about you?” He’s the same as Sehun.

 

“I like rock salt and cheese or chocolate” I answered my Favourites are infusion. I love Cheese and chocolate with anything except rice.

 

“Ah” he then then his gaze fell on the floor.

 

“Next. For Chicken part, thigh or brest?” He continue

 

“Legs!” i said.

 

while Chanyeol is  "thigh"

 

“The best are the bony ones.” He eagerly said

 

“You said so!” I agree, it’s very tasty.

 

“Printed  or plain”

 

“Plain.” we said together

 

“The simpler the better.” I said.

 

“T- shirt or dress shirt?” He asked. Dress shirt as In formal?

 

“Tee!” I said

 

“T-Shirt” he said

 

“Are you imitating me?” He teased

 

“No way!”

 

“Cats or dogs”

 

“Dogs!” we both said.

 

“I wanted to adopt a dog for the longest time but sadly my mom has asthma” he said bitterly.

 

“What breed do you like?”

 

“Poodle” he said then I laugh.

 

“Why?” He ask brow slightly knitted

 

“Nothing, it’s just that I never thought you’ll go for something so… Soft and cute. I think Siberian husky will fit you well. You know those dogs that are a distant cousin of wolves. ” I explain. I mean he’s a big guy with equally big voice and big hands of course one would assume he’ll go by his image. Something big and vicious like husky, those big fury wolf like dogs.

 

“Oh” he said forming an ‘o’ with his mouth and he look so cute. He sure is a softie.

 

“I also like poodle.” I said honestly. He smiles broadly. I took back what I said. Poodle fits him.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes they’re so adorable, curly and cuddly” I said then I remember my own puddle stuff toy my Sister bought for me ages ago.

 

“Sunglasses or Snapback”

 

“Snapback.” we said in unision

 

“But you’re a girl.”

 

“So?”

 

“Some other time I’ll show you my collection of Snapbacks’ think anyone who wears it add an extra swag.” He said smiling from ear to ear.

 

 “Last… Cute or Handsome” he said looking at me two big eyes heavy with expectaion.

 

I personally think cute is for babies, poodles, cupcakes and baby blues. As for handsome… Most of my friends associate the term to Sehun. They associate the term so much with Oh Sehun like it’s an unwritten middle name of his.


So if I put it into equation;


Babies x Puppies = cuteness overload
                    Foot  =  Handsome + Foot


“Cute.” I finally said. He smile satisfied then return to his phone tapping it hastily. But he didn’t answer.


“What is it for?” I asked finally when I feel like that’s the end of it.


“Compatibility test” he said not looking away from his phone.

 

 “Ah” I said getting back to my own business. In other words it wasn’t anything important.

 

“When you come back I’ll prepare you a four cheese pizza and milk tea” he declared

 

“Nice! Don’t worry when I come back I’ll give you a poodle wearing a Snapback.” I said that made him laugh like a madman. I’m serious, only he didn’t know I’m referring to that brand of paste where their mascot is a poodle wearing Snapback and a gangster necklace.

 

 

 

 

 

You and I, we were too different individual yet have so much in common. I don’t think I can able to find another person with such rapport as I’am with you.