Be Marveled

Dear Friend,

 

 

It was Saturday and we’re in the park. I’m with my teammates and also the boys’ basketball team. The basketball varsity teams are quite close since we do practice together and hang out often. When I was talking with Sehun over the phone last night he said he’ll come to the practice coz Yifan invited him to watch. They come from the same middle school and they were even classmates at some point, Sehun even told me they live on the same subdivision so they were quite close. I always tease Sehun because Its obvious how he also like to play basketball but too bad he’s chances of getting in the team is as bleak as the water that runs in the Han River.


We’re sitting together while watching the girls play. Its obvious Jeongyeon is showing off because Sehun is here. It’s a well-known fact the she has a crush on him since she laid eyes on him. Then again most of my teammates do like and adore him so much. Is he really that adorable? Ew. Goosebumps.


My brain starts working as I remember what my friends said about him. So I turn to him to scrutinize look at him even better.


Oh Sehun is okay. Physically he’s okay. Did I miss something? What can they see that I can’t see? I’ve been asking these questions for far too long. But none, I can’t find the reason they're claiming. How does one define attractive? hmmmm. Yes he’s fair, I give him that. But these kind of skin are more suitable for females.


“You’re staring at me for a while now huh? Are you looking for something?” he ask but he’s eyes are still glue to the game. He’s not even brainy or smart just enough not to flank.


“I just can’t understand…” I mean how do you expect me to find him attractive when he can’t even beat me on games. Any game for that matter. He’s practically useless. Heck I play better in sports than him. And how can you like someone who laughs before he delivers the joke?


“What?” he ask brows knitted together but he’s sight is still in the game. He’s nice but aren’t all people are? I haven’t met a single soul that I can’t say nice as a description. In short Oh Sehun isn’t special. When someone ask ‘what can you say about this person’ people just give the very same generic answer; NICE.


“How human mind works?” I supply because I can’t seem to tear my eyes off him. Why oh why can’t I see what they can see? Upon saying he’s face is contorted into ugly frown. That upside down U. While his thick brows form a straight line in his forehead. He does it in a state of anxiety or he’s thinking hard over something. I don’t understand how girls find this crumpled face cute.


“It works wonder.” he simply said. He’s thin as a twig. Sometimes I’m worried when the wind is too strong he might be carried to the other side of Seoul and be eaten by the vultures.


“I know right.” I said nodding in contemplation and I stare back at the game. Maybe the answer won’t appear in his face. I’m the only normal person in this world.

 

 

 

 

 

I failed to see what they see before… but now here I’m wishing to see and feel those things that make you… ‘you’.