Oh Sehun

Dear Friend,

 

There’s a lot of girls who admires you but truthfully I don’t understand. Don’t be offended but I honestly don’t see you as a handsome or gorgeous god that everyone was clamming you to be. You’re just right, not ugly nor ordinary but not enough to be considered extraordinary. You know I’m not a liar =)

 

 

 

 


I was shocked when I’ve heard Sehun was chosen as club member of YFM stands for Youth for Mary since our school is catholic. But in reality it stands for Young Fine Men. It’s a club full of fine men or so they say. I’ve heard about it before our eldest, my brother was a former member back in his high school days. I don’t remember much coz Isaac, my brother was 10 years older than me. Also my older sister Jess had a boyfriend from YFM when she’s studying there. YFM usually organize school events for the school, they invite alumni as guess speakers, conduct symposiums and prepare tons of philanthropic social events. Normally they start recruiting members during second year just in case puberty betrayed them and instead of turning into butterfly they turn into squids. Usually all the members voted for potential members before they recruit. A total of thirty-three members’ eleven boys each from second year to fourth year were chosen. So how did he manage to get in? It stirs quite a buzz around campus about his ‘legendary recruitment’ as he was chosen by the president of YFM himself and the only one amonst the first year. I have a few theories why he got chosen. Maybe he knew the president, or he could also bribe his way into a membership. Or they were relatives! But when we were talking on the phone he was just laughing saying I should have a little faith in him. Well as the saying goes beauty is in the eye of the beholder.


But that’s not the end of his magic. He runs for School council as senator for next year. The truth was he doesn’t wanted to but Kris the captain of the basketball team for boys, insisted that he runs. They were former school mates Sehun have told me. The thing about Sehun is he doesn’t know how to say NO. So he doesn’t even care whether he loses or not. No effort at all and yet he win with a huge margin. This is the first time I saw someone not happy about winning. He doesn’t like responsibility and yet he doesn’t know how to say no. What can we do about it?

 

 

xoxo

 

 

We are lecturing, note; copying what’s written on the board yet it’s exactly the same thing we have on our books. Our History teacher is so damn lazy. During rare times that she feels like teaching, she’ll sit in front and discussed her beloved daughter Hyuna. Hyuna did this, she likes this, and she always cares about me the most among my children, blah blah blah. Hyuna always sits smugly while her mom proudly brags about her to us her classmates. We can honestly take an examination about her life. This is one reason why I don’t like much my classmates. They’re bunch of airheads, trying to act cool and so grown-up. Groups are pretty much established as early as now or at least in my section.


Everyone is silent as it’s a wee hour in the afternoon copying whatever there is.


“Look at Sehun.” Soojin whispered, she’s on my left on the aisle. All boys were sitting on the left while all girls desk were on the right.


“He looks like he’s about to dozed off” answer Hyenim the one on my right. Why am I sitting between these two? They always talked about boys and guess who their favourite one is?


“Damn he looks so handsome. His nose is so straight and his eyes are so deep like there’s pit in there.” Soojin said looking at Sehun. All year round they always have the very same topic can’t just they move on?


“I know right. But you know what I like about him the most? It’s his impressive eyebrows. It arched so perfectly to complement his equally expensive eyes.” Hyemin said and they both giggle in glee. Yep mind sync.


Eyebrows? It looked like someone glued a pair of hairy caterpillar on his forehead. How is that impressive?


“On my part what I like about him is his flawless skin. Like damn not a tiny spec of impurities or blemished. I never thought I’ll see a teen having baby’s skin. His skin just illuminates, like you know, it has that healthy glow. But God is good he gifted us with Sehun.” and it was followed by fit of giggles not just by the two of them but also those listening. These two seatmates of mine make me wonder, they always fight with each other but when the topic is Sehun they act like they’re BFFs.


“Maybe he’s half? ”


“Half French” I said out of nowhere. We joked a lot about it over the phone after I give him a French moniker. It’s like our own private joke.


“Really?” Soojin looked at me like another head suddenly pop out of my forehead.


“I was just joking.” I said calmly, why did I even open my mouth?


“I won’t be surprised if he is. I just wish he’ll be a little open to us.” Soojin said sheepishly.


“Do you think he has a brother?” asked Hyemin as she look on my side.


“Yup.” I said a little startled at myself. Shoot! I shouldn’t have said that. Maybe I’m too bored. This is all our teacher’s fault!


“How do you know?” Soojin perked up brows cocked high.
Oh no I was mentally slapping myself for just what I had said.


“He mentioned it before.” I said trying to act nonchalant about the whole ordeal. But I can feel they’re boring holes into my face.


“Really? But he never answers any of our questions?” Hyemin said looking at me with disdain. I hate being cornered like this. And it’s all because of you damn you Oh Sehun!
Frankly we never really talked about our own families in a straight way. I don’t remember I had asked him directly about his father’s job nor his mom’s name and yet I knew it. He knew as much as I knew, we talked about it candidly not in all serious fashion. We only talked about it if, our conversations drift to it naturally but we never put much demand to it.


“Well it’s just what he said has a younger brother but sorry girls he’s a practically an infant only five years old.” As soon as it let it out I regretted it. I shouldn’t have given more information! I should have drunk more water earlier to have my focus.
“You knew quite a lot. What else is there?” Hyemin staring at me like I owe her 200 bucks that I refused to return.


“It just slips when we were discussing about our topic in health which is family planning.” I said not totally a lie. And from there we actually talked about our siblings. Him, having 8 years old younger sister in elementary and his baby brother. Same I have one bother and a sister, but unlike him who’s the eldest I’m the youngest in the family.


“Are you sure?” Soojin asked brows knitted together.


I give a noncommittal shrugged. They keep staring at me weirdly throughout the day. I was always good with blocking most of their gossips and chatter I don’t know what’s gotten into me.


“Sometimes it’s too frustrating… He’s so near yet so far… Why is he too mysterious…” Hyemin complain looking dreamily in his direction.


“That! I think that’s one of his many charms. Being enigmatic.” Soojin defend and Hyemin nod in agreement.


HA! Sehun is… Mysterious? Enigmatic? If these girls only knew. But I think it’s for the better the lesser they know the higher my survival rate. Next time I’ll be very careful. I don’t like the idea of interrogation not just by this two but by all the other girls. The truth is I’m the kind of girl that one cannot simply bully. I know how to fend for myself. But being on a new environment with new people, I feel like it’s wrong to begin my high school life with red tape plastered on my forehead with sigh ‘Beware; dangerous’. I’m still adjusting with this new realm called high school.

 

 

 

 

The year passed by in a blink of an eye and yet no one ever knew we were closed. It’s really great when I think about it now. In school were more like strangers that wouldn’t even give each other a glance. But inside the comfort of our home we talked, we argue, we bicker like siblings, share our frustrations, ideas and opinions. And you know what’s the best part of it all? No knew, except the both of us.