Labeling

Dear Friend,

 

 

During club meetings I just sign my attendance in the library and get the schedule of duties for the following week. I need to check and organize the list maybe I can do it later after practice. I don’t why but somehow I’m elected as the secretary of the club, meaning additional obligations for me. I don’t really get why they selected, me as I’m already tied with the sports club. Our school is more social centered compared to other exclusive school in the area which is academic based. We have lots of social activities outside and inside the school which is the result of being a conservative catholic school.


I went out and proceed to go to the gym where my teammates are probably warming up already. I just make a quick visit to my regular locker to get my shirt and my socks I put there early morning. I made a mental note to get my advance algebra book that Amber borrowed and now in the varsity locker room.


As expected when I arrived they were already playing.


I stand on the side to begin warming up.


All the heavy hitters are in the court, both for boys and girls. I snicker as Gookju purposely elbow Dongwoon. With a size like Gookju she is a very effective player.


“Hey! Stop that!” Ravi called out.


“Gookju, I thought you’re a girl?”


“You’re supposed to be damsel?”


“Good thing Sleeepy isn’t here!”


Boys and girls shouts at her roughness.


“That’s foul!” Dongwoon cried hands on his ribs.


“You’re on my way man!” Gookju said as he help Dongwoon from the floor.


Lee Gookju is like the unofficial bully of the school. Students and teacher fear her. But she’s actually very nice to me and extremely generous to the team, always throwing parties at clubs and their houses. From what my teammates are saying she’s from a Buena familia and probably the richest girl in school. Just don’t get on her bad side or prepare to live in hell.


Kris comes to my side, it looks like he too just arrived.


“Sorry I was late, i have a new club so I was kept there.” he announces. We’re on the same year but he’s in the pilot section.


“Oh yeah I’ve heard congratulations!” Bora a senior said.


“What club?” Amber ask from where she’s sitting.


“Youth for Marry!” Kris proclaim proudly.


“Aren’t you going to congratulate me?” he ask me as he bend down. I don’t like how he smile at me. I feel like there’s another meaning to it.


“Congratulations on having more workload. Enjoy not having free day.” I retort. I wonder why he would want to add more clubs when it only means more responsibility and work to do. But then again he’s on the pilot section; they are mould for these kinds of things.


“tsk.” he said shaking his head. Generally we’re not fond of the pilot section as most of them are snubs and too proud of themselves so we really care less and just ignore their existence. They usually seclude themselves on P.E and Livelihood period. But Kris, Ravi, Jinwoon and Hyeri are chill and cool the only pilots I can hang out with.

 

 

xoxo

 

 

Practice was over I was busily scribbling and arranging the schedule for next week as I need to post it tomorrow morning. Damn why am I even a secretary. Look at my hand writing, like there’s a hurricane that whipped the letters.


Someone wrap her meaty arm around my neck.


“What now?” I asked looking at Gookju. She’s smiling at me sweetly like I have her favourite yogurt.


“Did you get Sleepy agreed on a date?” I ask again. I thought they’re going to get food in the cafeteria so that we can all eat together?


“Not yet! We’ll get there.” she said still smiling at me.


“Then go bother someone else.” I said as I get back to my note.


I heard murmurs and voices but I’m too busy fitting in schedules remembering who has schedule and who has none. Suddenly my teammates are all sitting circling me.


“So are you guys going to light a bonfire now or what?” I said as I asses their formation.


“You should probably go outside.” Jeongyeon said. They are all smiling and giggling like some teenage school girls. Oh wait they are teenage school girls.


“Why?” I ask puzzle as to why their kicking me out of the gym.


“Just go!” Amber said. She seems excited as well.


“Why? What happened?” I said totally unmoving from my position.


“Just go, see it for yourself.” Bora said to me impatiently


I ignore them altogether and get back to the paper where it needed my attention.


“You’re no fun!” Soyu complain


“If you’re not gonna tell me I have no problem with that.” I said in finality as I reach for my bag to get a new sheet of paper. I really don’t care what‘s got their interests perk up like that.


“But it wasn’t supposed to be that way…” Hyorin said plopping down beside me. I don’t have really any clean sheet of paper maybe I should just write the draft now then print it on later.


“Aren’t you even curios?” Soyu ask as she also sits beside me.
Not really.


“Stand up.” Gookju pull my arm and drag me outside the gym. What can I even do over her super strength and super size?


“Go go go~” she shoo me away like some fly.


I stay rooted outside the gym. All my teammates are there as well.


Amber looks she had enough so she pulls me along, she isn’t as large as Gookju but she is bigger than most of us. I just let her drag me wherever. She stops when we’re in the school ‘ground’ where flag ceremony is held every Monday morning.


“If you’re in hurry you should just go ahead” I comment while looking at the vice grip of Amber’s hand on my wrist.


I scan the place for anything out the ordinary. But all I can see are boys arranging chairs for tomorrow’s symposium hosted by the YFM club.


“Look!” Jungyeon said gingerly pointing over the pillars that was erected for tomorrow’s activity.


“You guys are really something…” I heard someone said.


“What is?” I ask confuse what to focus on; the huge glimmering ribbons that was place on each chairs as decorations or the fact that it wasn’t even line correctly?


“Sehun, Oh Sehun look at him!” Chaeyeon said fist balled on her lips.


I scan the area looking for my stick of a friend. I spot Sehun, he’s decorating one of the pillars with a gigantic gold ribbon. Normally Sehun doesn’t use gel or waxed to fix his hair he just let it down but now I’m sure he put some products in his bangs to pull it up like that. I never see him do that before but what got my attention were the words written on his face. What the hell? On his forehead was my name Soojung’s, on his right cheek Best on the left Friend. From where I stood I can read it clearly, might have probably something to do with the fact that he’s pale and he used black marker.


They explode with loud giggles. I can feel my burning cheeks but I fight the smile.

 

Weeeeeeeaaaaaa… he’s so ugly!


“Kyaaaaaaa!


“Yyyyiiiiiiii”


“OHHHHH” my teammates start to tease me. Then I give in I crack a smile, who wouldn’t? He looks stupid.


“Who would have thought you guys even know each other?”


“Why didn’t we know?”


“So you are the reason why everybody was turn down.” Jeongyeon said accusingly but playful.


“You didn’t even tell us!”


“I’m so jealous.”


And why are all my teammates are here?


They keep on talking and teasing but I remain quite as I’m busy looking at him. We might be causing some commotion as Sehun stop what he’s doing to look at our side.
When our eyes met he smile then he point at his own face then he raise his thumb giving out a thumb up. I smile at him receiving the message. ‘Yes I saw it’. Then he flashes his signature boyish smile.


I raise one of my eyebrows but I’m smiling. Fine, you sneaky bastard. I whip my phone out to send him a quick message. Hopefully he has his phone with him now.

 

Thehun:  Do yourself a favour and wipe your face.
               You look stupid.
               I don’t wanna be associated with dumb people.

 

From the gym to the school gate I can feel how long my hair had grown in miles. I saw Choa on my way out. She’s looking at me whispering with Hyejong but I couldn’t care less.


“Let’s go eat, my treat!” Gookju the ever flashy and rich junior cheer as she is announces to the group.


“You guys go ahead I have to go home.” coz I need to cut my hair. lol


I try not to skip feeling the lightness from my chest.

 

 

 

 


I doubt you coz I’m not exactly sure how your mind works. Being separated to you really means nothing as we still manage to be connected all the time. If I to describe the evolution of friendship, I’ll label sophomore as the year that solidify our friendship. Would you agree?