Miracle in third year

Dear Friend,

 

3rd year

 

Vacation is almost over. I’ve spent it mostly with my teammates and friends, practicing and going to different resorts to cool down the summer heat. When I was younger every summer vacation we spent it outside the country usually in the US with our relatives. I use to celebrate my birthdays abroad but ever since my brother went to the US to work while my sister also become busy with hers and my parents schedule become tighter we no longer go out of the country. Last time we travel altogether we went to my aunty’s in Cali.


All in all it was a fruitful vacation I might say. GookJu our team captain ask me to come with her to see a basketball tournament. I was wondering why just the two of us when she made it clear that we will be looking for potential player to add this upcoming school year. But then again it’s GookJu she’ll do whatever she wants anyway with or without the approval of the team. Gookju’s father is one of the board of trustee (not that the school need one) they sponsor students who can’t afford to go to our school and it’s so happen that one of the candidate is a basketball player. In the end we decided to recruit the player name Hyojin. She’s the same year as I do and she plays really well, she’ll be a great addition to our team.


Speaking of basketball, miraculously, in an unexplainable feat Sehun made it to the boys’ basketball team. Huh? Am I really the only one who can’t believe it? Everyone with a pair of eyes can clearly see how bad he plays.


Sehun said I shouldn’t be surprised because it’s a product of his hard work this vacation. Well I want him to tell that to all those Mickey Mouse souvenirs he got for me when he went to Hong for the summer vacation. He stays in Hong Kong for almost the entire summer vaction with all his family. He even enrolled late because of it. Shortly after landing he came directly to me to present his gifts. I was surprised when he rings the doorbell of our gate.


He’s carrying a box full of Mickey Mouse merchandise. All cutesy things like face towel, comb, brush, mirror, keychain, ballpen, hairpins, stationaries, picture frame, slipper etc. In other words for kids ages 5 and below.


“Sehun it’s not that I don’t appreciate your gifts but why Mickey? There are seven Disney princesses you can choose from and yet you choose the mouse!” I said as I dug into his box of presents.


“Well, you like baby blue and your undying love for chees is notorious.” he said looking at me with mischievous grin “Also you’re not exactly the princess type” he said teasingly so I throw the comb on my hand to his direction that he evade easily. Sleek er!


“Look, do you have any idea how long I stood at the store nit-picking each pieces. So you better use it all especially the headband.” he said gesturing to the offending mouse ears. I immediately hurled a small stuff toy to his direction, this time it hit him square in the forehead. But he was laughing so I laugh along. It seems so Long ago when I last saw him.


When he left I gather everything in the plastic container separating things I might actually use and don’t.

 

 

 

 


You know, through the years I used it one by one only to preserve that little frame that I have yet to unbox. I was tempted to put something in it but I didn’t because I want you to see how me that childish cares-for-nothing and very unsentimental friend of yours able to conserve something little as this one. When in truth all this time I was thinking of putting our picture there to commemorate our friendship...
 

 

 


from here on things will get intriguing...