SECRET

EVEN IF THE DESTINY IS AGAINST US

Irene made her way to the restroom to compose herself. She tries her best convince herself not to be affected and be happy that her friend is getting married. She took her handkerchief from the pocket of her coat and stared at it once again. 

She decided to leave the handkerchief to her locker and stop bringing it around with her. She opened her locker it’s a battle to leave the handkerchief there. She refused and closed her locker she was about to go back to her classroom when V walk in front of her. She turn her back and waited for him. 

V took a book from his locker and bumped to someone accidentally stepping on his shoes. “Miane I was in a hurry.” -V explained and bowed at them.

“Chamkaman”- Hoya said as he pulled his collars. “Don’t you know how much this shoes costs?” 

“Miane I was in a hurry its my fault”- V said as he tried to calm himself.

“You’re really getting into my nerves. Don’t you know who I am? Wipe my shoes using your tongue!”- Hoya commanded.

“I am not going to that.”- V bravely said.

“Then take this!’- Hoya said and punched V making V hit his head at the locker and made him unconscious.

“Yah!” -Irene called his attention and it freaked him out running away from them. 

Irene immediately run to V kneeling to check him out. As she moved V’s head a blood flow to her hand and she shouted for help. Her guards help her to carry V at the clinic.

The nurse cleaned her wound and he gain his consciousness. Irene on the other hand still nervous and biting her nails. “Is he okay?”- Irene asked.

“I can’t assure you anything don’t worry we’ll send him to the hospital. Please go back to your class now.”- The nurse said.

Irene gave her number and worriedly went back to her classroom. She felt uneasy to sit beside Seulgi as she doubted to tell her what happened to V. 

“Kwenchanaseo?”- Seulgi asked.

“Ne”- Irene replied.

“What took you so long?”- Wendy whispers from her seat but made sure Irene would hear it.

Irene just raised her notebook telling them she had a hard time finding her notebook in her locker. The two went back listening to the professor. 

It’s already lunch time and Irene bothered her friends as she kept on checking her phone waiting for the nurse to update her regarding V’s condition.

“Yah Unnie will you please stop checking your phone every now and then? You should finish your food we’re about to clear our plates.”- Wendy said.

“Unnie are you sure you’re okay? It seems like you’re uneasy.”-Seulgi asked.

“I’m fine I’m just waiting for a text from my parents.”-Irene alibied. 

The girls are packing away their stuffs as they prepare to go home. Irene received a text from an unknown number informing her that V is okay after some tests had made. 

“I got to go girls my driver is in hurry since I have to catch up for dinner.”- Irene lied and grabbed her bag as she run thru the corridor.

“Why is she in a hurry?”- Seulgi asked.

Wendy just shrug her shoulders and lead their way outside the classroom. Seulgi wondered why Irene took the opposite way to the parking lot she was about to follow her but Wendy grabbed her as she thought she’s taking the wrong way.

Seulgi made sure that Wendy has left the University before she went inside the car. She was escorted by the royal guard and driver and bowed at her as soon as she enters.

She arrived at the palace and found Jimin busy reading his notes. “Jimin-ssi do you want to have some walks with me?”-Seulgi asked.

“I have to finish reading these first then I’ll go with you.”-Jimin smiled at him.

Seulgi knew there’s no way he’ll go on a walk with her by the books that are on his table. She left him and take a walk alone. She enjoys the fresh moist air and smells the good odor of the fresh flowers. 

“What are you doing here Princess Seulgi?”- Jin asked as he also roam around the garden.

“Oh Consultant Kim you’re here. It looks like I always bumped on you with a situation like this.”- Seulgi said as she smiled at him.

“Is that so? Why are you alone?”-Jin asked.

“The Prince is too busy to walk with me.”- Seulgi replied tried her best to hide her loneliness.

“Please don’t worry about it the Prince is just too dedicated to his work.”- Jin defended Jimin.

“Is that so? I guess there are some things that are more important than his own wife.”- Seulgi told herself.

Jin paused for a while as he feel sorry for Seulgi. He picked a flower from the bushes and placed it to Seulgi’s ear it made her step back but laughed. “I’m sorry I feel awkward for a sudden.” -Seulgi explained.

Jin smiled back and laughed with her. He never laughed like that moment for a long time. He feels comfortable around Seulgi as she made him laugh unintentionally without making too much effort.

--
Irene stayed at V’s room with him since he’s still asleep. His wound has been sewn as it wont stop from bleeding when he was brought by the staffs from the clinic. Irene felt hungry for a sudden and went outside to get some snacks at the vending machine and it startled her to see the reflection of his brother from the glass of the vendo. 

Just when she remembered that Suho is a resident Doctor of their school’s university. She immediately run away to avoid her brother and went back to the car. On her way home she told her driver not to inform anything to her family.

V woke up from Suho’s voice as he keeps on calling his name. His vision is blurred and still feel dizzy at the moment. 

“Annyeong how are you feeling now? I am Doctor Suho.” -Suho introduced himself.

V just flexed her neck to show some respect to his doctor as his throat feel rough and dry from over sleeping. The nurse assist him to drink some water and it made him got better a little bit.

“You can go home tomorrow. Please tell your guardian to pick you up.”-Suho said and leave the room.

Suho made her way at home and found his family waiting for him to dinner. He sits beside Chanyeol and asked everyone to start eating.

“By the way Appa did you remember the man you are talking to at the orphanage?”- Suho asked his Dad.

“V? What about him?”- Leeteuk asked.

“He’s confined at the school’s hospital.”- Suho informed his Dad which made Irene almost choked with her food which she eased by drinking some water.

“Kwenchanaseo?”-Sora asked her step daughter.

“Ne its just that the beef is hard to swallow. I still have problems with my throat.”- Irene said.

“Why is he confined? What happened? Is he okay?”- Leeteuk ask worriedly 

“I don’t know what happened but we made some tests since he hit his head somewhere and we have to sew it to make it stop from bleeding so much.”- Suho explained. “The results were negative to all possible acquired injuries.”

“Thank God that’s a relief.”-Leeteuk replied and continued eating his food.

--
“Where have you been? You’re almost late for dinner.”-Jimin asked Seulgi.

“Miane I just made some reports for tomorrow.”- Seulgi alibied.

“Didn’t I told you to make your school works with me at the library?”-Jimin said as the tone of his voice becomes different.

“Well you’re busy reading your books at the couch earlier so I thought I shouldn’t bother you.”-Seulgi explained.

“Please don’t fight in front of your brother and in front of the food. Talk about this in your room later.”-Namjoon commanded them as he expressed his family oriented side.

“Ne Appa this wont happen again miane,”-Seulgi said as she avoid Jimin’s eyes and continued to eat her food.