UNEXPECTED ANNOUNCEMENT

EVEN IF THE DESTINY IS AGAINST US

Seulgi woke up by a knock on her door. She stretches her body as she struggles to leave her bed, her posture is stoop, eyes are partially closed and her hair is still messy. She opened the door and it was Ms. Yoona a well known beauty trainer who trains females for preparation for beauty pageants. 

“Annyeonghasaeyo Princess Seulgi. I am Yoona you I’ll be your etiquette and royal trainer every Sundays. Please wash yourself so we could start.”-Yoona said.

Seulgi wash up and dress herself. She feel intimidated in front of Yoona she can’t do anything but to compare themselves. She feels like Yoona is more a candidate of the country’s princess than her.

Their session has started. Yoona provided some lectures in how should she look in front of many people. Seulgi can feel the pressure of being a princess right now. From proper posturing, proper dressing and proper hand gestures was also taught. 

After 2 hours of training Yoona said good bye. Seulgi suffered from back pain for standing straight for too long but it didn’t end there. Another trainer for speech came and introduced herself she’s familiar to Seulgi as she is a well known newscaster. 

Seulgi’s cheeks became heavy, her lips became dry and tongue feels folded as she recited too many tongue twisters with Sooyoung. The maids went to her room and prepared her lunch in front of her. 

“Please enjoy your meal Princess Seulgi.”- Lami said.

“Are all of these foods made for me? These are too much I can just eat a bowl of bibimbap.”-Seulgi replied. “Cant you just enjoyed me instead?”-

“Miane Princess Seulgi but we are not allowed to do that. Please eat a lot and enjoy your meal.”-Lami bowed and leave the room.

Seulgi suddenly feel lonely eating alone and misses her family. She’s not used to eating alone during Sundays, Jin came inside her room and found her eating her lunch.

“Princess Seulgi can I have your phone please?”- Jin asked.

“Wae?”- Seulgi asked but hand her phone without hesitation.

“Please use this phone from now on. This is programmed with ultimate privacy and security all of the necessary phone numbers are already here.”- Jin said.

“Arasseo can I just have my friends phone numbers?”- Seulgi asked.

Jin handed her phone and sent V,Wendy and Irene’s contact number to her new phone and handed it back to Jin. 

“Consultant Jin are you busy?”- Seulgi asked.

“Not really Princess Seulgi is there anything I can do for you?”- Jin asked.

“Can you join me for lunch? Miane I am not used to eat alone.”- Seulgi requested,

Jin smiled a little bit and sit opposite to Seulgi. He uses the plate for the side dish and joined Seulgi for lunch.

“Kamsamnida Consultant Jin. At least my appetite came back.”- Seulgi said. “The maids doesn’t want to join me I think they’re too afraid to do something wrong.”
“Well if it’s the princess’ request I should obey.”- Jin jokingly said.

Seulgi was interrupted by a text message from bringing the food in his mouth. She checked her new phone and the message came from Jimin. “Please come over the field once you finished your lunch. Eat a lot.”

“Do you know where the field is? The prince asked me to come.”-Seulgi asked Jin.

“We can ride a golf cart to go there I’ll come with you.”- Jin said.

Jin and Seulgi arrived at the field riding the golf cart. She found Jimin riding the horse he was so focused and didn’t even notice that Seulgi was around. The guard lead Seulgi to her seat, Jimin get off the horse and approached Seulgi.

He introduced her to her horse and it made Seulgi freaked out inside. “You should learn to ride a horse Seulgi-ssi. Once the royal council introduce you to the public we’ll be riding them to make our way”-Jimin informed her.

“Is that so? Can I just ride behind you just like how Prince and Princess are in disney movies.”- Seulgi asked as she tried to escape with Jimin’s suggestion.

“Ani.. We have to ride our horses separately.”-Jimin said and gestured to the trainer to teach Seulgi to ride the horse.

After couple of hours of practice Seulgi and Jimin ended their horseback riding schedule. They both went back to the palace and separate their ways since Jimin has to attend the meeting with the council. 

Seulgi’s back pain worsen and she finds it difficult to move. Jin found her at the kitchen looking for something “what are you looking for?”- Jin asked.

She immediately withdraws her hand from the cabinet which caused pain on her waist. She cant hide the pain anymore so she sits on the floor. 

“Princess Seulgi kwenchana?”- Jin asked.

“Consultant Kim my back really hurts. Please help me to stand up.”-Seulgi said.

Jin helped her to stand up and her close distance feel him nervous and awkward for a moment. He controlled himself and assists Seulgi to her room.

“Here are some pain relievers and patches I guess your back is stiff because of the horsback riding please rest a lot Princess Seulgi.”-Jin said.

Its already 10pm and Seulgi’s back pain was gone. Jimin knocked on her door and she hurriedly hid the medication under her pillow. 

“Annyeong did I interrupt your sleep? Our meeting just finished.”-Jimin said.

“No not really I am not yet asleep.”- Seulgi said.

“Anyway I came because I have something to give you.”-Jimin told her and took her hand and wear the ring in her finger.

“Its beautiful.”- Seulgi said as she stared at it completely.

“So how was your day in the palace?”- Jimin asked.

“Its fine I enjoyed I never done those kinds of activities before.”-seulgi lied as she don’t want to make her husband upset.

“That’s good to know.. Anyway you should sleep now we still have our classes tomorrow.”- Jimin said and leave Seulgi’s room.

Seulgi is currently having mix emotions being in the palace. She knew to herself that it will be very difficult for her to adjust now that she has a new life different from what she have before.

The next morning V waited for Seulgi in front of the building of her classroom. He found 2 royal cars heading to the building separately and they both entered the building separately without talking to each other. V pulled Seulgi and she gave him a hug for not seeing him for 2 days.

“Why are you arriving with different vehicles?”-V asked Seulgi.

“Mola.. Maybe because I requested to separate our rooms so he also wanted to have separate cars when going to school.”- Seulgi informed him.

“I’ll walk you to your classroom. How are you at the palace?”-V said as they made their way to Seulgi’s classroom.

“well I think I am having a culture shock. We have responsibilities to do even during weekends.”- Seulgi confessed.

“Just make sure you’re being treated well there and don’t let them pressure you too much with your duties.”- V worriedly said.

V left after sending Seulgi to her classroom and made his way to his room. Irene saw them separate ways on her way to her classroom. She sits beside Seulgi and found Wendy interrogating her why did she deacrivate her SNS.

“I thought you blocked me.”- Wendy said.

“Ani.. Why would I do that? Its just that I need to focus in my studies that’s all.”- Seulgi replied.

“Why do you have an engagement ring on your finger?”- Irene asked.

“This?”- Seulgi asked back as she thought Jimin only gave it to her as a gift.

“Ne, that ring is made for couples who are getting married that’s the newly released ring design by pandora in europe I didn’t know we already have that here in our country.”- Irene informed her.

“Well yes I am getting married but not so soon.”- Seulgi said.

“To whom?”- Wendy asked.

V entered Seulgi’s room carelessly as their teacher is still not around. He handed her the lunchbox that Seulgi’s mom prepared for her and Seulgi embraced her arms “He’s my fiance”- Seulgi accidentally informed the whole class.

Irene was shocked from her unexpected news. V never to her mind as his fiance since she knew V isnt capable of buying Seulgi a luxurious ring but since V isnt denying anything she was convinced that they may be engaged already.

It made him feel very awkward around his sunbaes so he bowed at them and leave after Seulgi’s unexpected announcement. 

“Congratulations to your engagement.”- Irene said. 

“Gumawo Unnie.”-Seulgi said.

“So are you going to invite us on your wedding?”- Wendy asked.

“Of course Why wouldn’t I?”- Seulgi assured them.