MOMENTS

EVEN IF THE DESTINY IS AGAINST US

 The next morning, Irene woke up and realized that her phone is still in video call with V. She scratches her eyes to see him clearly.. “Good morning. You’realready dress up?”- Irene asked.

“ah ne sunbae.. I’m on my way to the orphanage I volunteer there every weekend.”- V said. “Jinja yeppuda when you sleep.”

“please take care on your way there and please stop complimenting me first thing in the morning.. I might like you more and more…”- Irene warned him.

“Kwenchana.. I’m not going to stop you from liking me anyway.”- V told her. 

Irene smiled and covered herself with a pillow. “Im blushing miane.”-Irene said.

“Is it okay for you to have a video conversation with me every night to morning? I just want you to be the first one I wake up to in the morning.”- V requested.

“Arasseoyeo.. Anyway I’ll go wash up myself first hang up once you reached the orphanage arasseo? See you tonight,”- Irene said.

“Ne.. See you.”- V said and he smiled to himself at the bus,

V arrived at the orphanage and informed Irene through a text message. As he entere the orphanage a volunteer called him for help. Its Woozi thr Doctor is struggling to give his vaccines once again.

He found him resisting from the other volunteers hand and cried histerically as soon as V called him he run towards him and able to calm down. He sniffs and gulps because of over crying. 

“Why did you cried once again? Look at your eyes their too swollen already.”- V said as he rubs his back gently. 

“Appa I don’t want to get vaccines, jaebal lets just play football.”- Woozi complained. 

V put him down now that he’s already calmed “listen here.. If you didn’t get your vaccine now you’ll get sick and once you get sick Sister Hyoyeon will no longer allow you to play with us.”- V tried to convinced him. “Shall we get vaccinated now? I’ll go with you and you can sit on my lap.” -He offered.

V was able to convince Woozi they entered the Clinic and sit in front of the Doctor. “Are you ready now Woozi-aa?” -Suho asked.

Woozi just nods and bravely raised his sleeves to expose his arm. His other hand holds V tightly. Suho injected the vaccines and it startled Woozi but he realized its not as painful as he thought it was.

Suho put a band aid on his arm and V pressed it for him. Suho realized that he is wearing the same watch he saw at Irene’s room.

“You have a nice watch where did you bought it?”-Suho asked.

“Someone gave it to me,”-V said. “Woozi-aa kwenchana?”

“Anyway how are you feeling now? I was your Doctor at rhe University Hospital and we didn’t had a chance to meet because of conflicting schedule.”- Suho informed him.

“Ah.. Kamsamnida Doctor for taking care of me.”-V said 

“Don’t mention it its part of my duty,”- Suho replied. “You look young are you dating someone?”

“I’m not dating anyone yet Doctor.”- V said and stands up to give way for the next kid they waved goodbye and bowed at him.

Meanwhile Seulgi and Jimin went back to the palace. Jimin went straight to the meeting hall to talk with the Royal council. Seulgi was about to go to her room but she saw Jin at the balcony.

“arent you going to attend the meeting?”- Seulgi asked Jin.

Jin kept silent for a moment seeing Seulgi after a couple of days. He missed her but tried his best not to showe her. Her presence makes him fine and at ease.

“Its okay not to attend. I already suggested a lot yesterday the prince and the king has to decide to some royal proposals.”-Jin said.

“Oooh daebak consultant Jin it looks like you’re doing your work ahead of time so you could relax in advance.”- Seulgi told him 

Jin laughs at Seulgi’s appreciative compliment. “Anyway how’s your stay here so far?”- Jin asked.

“It’s more comfortable now than before the Prince was nicer after our fight.”- Seulgi said. 

Jin doesn’t like it that much when Seulgi mentions something good about the Prince so he just stayed quiet and enjoyed the cold breeze air. 

“Oppa!”

A lady from the back caught their attention that they turned back at the same time. She immediately run to Jin and give him a hug. “Jinja bogoshipo”

“Joy-aa.. Since when did you come back?” -Jin said as he hugs back to her

“Who is she? Didn’t I told you I donr want you hanging around with other girls?” -Joy scolded Jin as she gave Seulgi a furious look.

Seulgi just rolled her eyes and folded her arms as she turns her back on her. “I am Princess Seulgi. I am the fiance of the Prince.” -Seulgi introduced herself.

“Omo! Oppa you should told me beforehand. Sorry for disrespecting you Princess Seulgi. I am Joy Park I’m Jin Oppa and Prince Jimin’s hoobae.” -Joy introduced herslef respectfully.

“Jinja? You’re childhood friends with Jimin?”- Seulgi asked. 

“Ne Princess Seulgi. I just studied abroad during my highschool years so Jin oppa would miss me.”- Joy blushingly said.

“Daebakk.. You really like Consultant Kim that much?” Seulgi giggles. “Anyway I’ll leave the both of you alone so you could talk privately.” -Seulgi said as she walks away from them.

--
V and Daehyun are busy preparing dinner both of them are wearing aprons. V stopped from slicing the onions after hearing a doorbell from their house. 

“Oh.. Sunbae you came early.”- V told her as he pressed the monitor to open the door. 

Irene went inside with a bag of sweets which V took to assist her. “I don’t want to come late so I think I better come early.” 

“Appa our guest is here.”- V said as he leads her way to the kitchen. 

“Oh Irene-aa you’re already grown up, you’re only teenager the last time I saw you.”-Daehyun said.

“Omo Daehyun Samchonie is that you? You didn’t even change a bit.”- Irene responds as she bows. 

“You know each other?”- V asked.

“Leeteuk, Namjoon and I are college friends so when they had a family I was able to meet them every now and then.”- Daehyun informed his son. “Don’t just stand there Irene-aa have a sit.” 

“Kwenchanaseo samchonie. I want to watch both of you cooking for me.”- Irene said. 

“So you invited a food taster?”- Daehyun jokingly said.

“Anyway I didn’t know you had a wife why did you had an instant kid?”- Irene asked.

“Well V grew up in an orphanage I adopted him when he was 15. I don’t have a wife.”-Daehyun informed her.
“Oh that’s why you volunteer there every weekends.”- Irene said.

“Ne they also become my family.”- V told Irene.

The dinner is ready and the three gathered together to enjoy their meal. Daehyun hasn’t hold his spoon when he receives a call from Namjoon asking him to come over the Palace.

“Miane. I have to go to the Palace the King called.”- Daehyun said. “Irene please make yourself at home feel comfortable staying here.” 

“Jinja mashta. Do you really cook?” -Irene asked.

“Ani.. I just helped my Dad and learned by observing.”- V told her. “Anyway thank you for considering coming over.”

“Of course I’ve been considering it from the start it’s just that I have to hold back.”- Irene clarified. 

“Ne I understand. I cant believe you could be this nice.”- V said.

“How am I supposed to win your heart if I keep myself as cold as ice.”- Irene jokingly said.

“You already won my heart despite you sent me away.”- V responds honestly 

Irene almost choke with her food. Covering with her hand she cant hide how flattered she is from V’s words.

V took some paper napkins and hand it to Irene so she could wipe the corners of . “Don’t laugh too much you might choke yourself.”

“Then quit saying those words.”- Irene said “I’m not good in hiding my emotions.” 

After having dinner and tidying up the kitchen the two decided to chat at the living room. “Why did you decided to study your first major abroad?” -V asked.

“Well I just wanted the accreditations. How about you why didn’t you apply some scholarship abroad it seems like you’re capable of applying one.”- Irene asked back.

“I just don’t want to leave the country. You want me to?”- V jokingly asked.

“Shiro just stay here. With me..”- Irene told him. 

“Whats the best thing you do most of your time?”-V asked her.

“I do lots of things but what I wanted to try is to slow dance.”-Irene said.

“Shall we? Teach me.”- V replied.

Irene confidently stands up and leaned her head on V’s chest. He held her hand and made a slow movements with Irene. She made a humming sound as their music. It feels calm and refreshing as it strikes to his eardrums.