Epilogue: Owner of the Throne

Weird Tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The throneroom itself was a vast chamber of a supreme royalty, yet it was a room of ages. Torn and stained curtains hung over the dusty windows acting as the walls of the chamber. The tiles had cracks within them, and some of the concretes were goodly exposed. The chandeliers were shattered, hanging merely motionless with melted candles by them. The chairs were disorderly arranged, separated by the rustic wooden tables which were somehow turned upside down few of them, looking like this place used to hide a kind of tantrum. Frames of the royal families were displayed on the walls, marks of centuries were visible with stains and fading colours. Vases of dead flowers added up how long this place had been living. And at the end of the throneroom, there sat the throne waiting to be seated. Jaejoong and Yunho had entered the chamber and a wind of royalty breezed down their face. This was Jaejoong’s first time to enter the palace despite he himself was the king. He did not even know any rules of royalty. Changwook was seen sprinting toward the throne. No, this should not occur. 

Jaejoong immediately casted his iced diamonds toward Changwook’s feet, the diamonds grew spreading and coiling around the wolf king’s legs, immobilising him. But Jaejoong’s attempt to stop his brother was yet another failure as Changwook used his remaining energy and groaned out loud in pain before he summoned his one scythe and shattered the frozen diamond into tiny shards because he continue sprinting. Jaejoong hissed and nearly cursed before he ran toward his brother and slashed his sword onto him but Changwook turned around just to parry the attack with the scythe. Jaejoong right away shot diamond icicles onto Changwook and successfully caused him to be thrown away a good distance. It was clear here that Changwook himself was already weak and vulnerable yet he was too stubborn in wanting to destroy the Cat’s Clan. Jaejoong did not want to injure his brother anymore as he just decided to sky-rocket toward the throne at the front. Changwook coughed up as he panted and got on his shaking legs. Changwook glared at his brother who was now running up the stairs to get to the throne. Gripping tight onto his scythe, Changwook groaned as he suddenly hurled his scythe as if it was a lance toward Jaejoong.
“Jae!” Yunho shouted alerted as he right away flew straight toward Jaejoong and blocked the incoming scythe from impaling the cat king from the back and instead the weapon pierced through his side.
Jaejoong widened his eyes as he turned around quickly and gasped seeing Yunho was wounded by the scythe and was about to make his way toward him.
“Don’t think about. Just go for the throne!” Yunho managed to shout, clutching onto his bleeding wound.
Jaejoong knew he should not just let Yunho hurting but he could not let Changwook sitting on the throne as well. At the end, he just ran with his might up the stairs and successfully sat on the throne.

Suddenly, the throne was emitting out some visible pale blue lights looking like dozen loose diamonds sparkling as they slowly seemed to be absorbed by Jaejoong’s entire body. Jaejoong began to feel a stronger aura and sensation running through his veins and blood as he just closed his eyes, absorbing more of the power itself. Yunho just witnessed his lover being surrounded by those hovering lights while Changwook slowly made way closer toward the stairs. Few good minutes had passed like the silent breeze itself before Jaejoong opened his eyes once more, and they were illuminated by the blue lights. He got on his sturdy legs, standing up from the seat of his throne and remained quiet with sealed lips. The feeling of a new power rushing inside his body, that was more than he could imagine he would get. The sky outside had been cleared out of the darkness and that the moon itself had returned to its original lights. Yunho delivered Jaejoong a reassuring smile, and both of them knew and admitted that everything had now settled down. 

Jaejoong was about to walk down the stairs when all of sudden Changwook screamed and groaned in frustration picking up his scythe and charged up toward Jaejoong, ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter