Mayhem

Weird Tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Knocking some guards along their way, the four of them had walked up some staircases, only to encounter with more resistance and endless corridors. They realised that they were entering the ‘ancient’ parts inside of the sophisticated building. The top floors seemed not to be having the power and electricity at all. The corners and chambers were all darkened, and if they were lights, yet dimmed ones. The walls were basically mossed and the floors were damped, obviously from the leaking ceiling. There were no windows, and the air around the place seemed to be suffocating in a sort of way, making everyone to gasp for air after a sprint or a speech. After all, everyone admitted that it would be best if they did not stay here long, the air was not that friendly and never to be so welcoming. And there were more guards patrolling here, and fewer roaming on the lower floors of the building. Jaejoong and his companions had tried to find where the exact dungeon was located. They tried to open locked doors with the keys but only to find no match. They checked some rooms and they just stated that they were wasting their energy only to find merely nothing. And a part of them were telling themselves that they had been spotted so earlier, yet confused since nothing much than the guards were the resistance they did face. Something was so fishy, of course.

“Some guards seen.” Yunho told as he who had been somehow leading the way for the group turned his pace into an abrupt halt and signalled everyone to hide behind the wall.
“We’ve got some deals here.” Lillian spoke as peeked through and spotted the guards, “They are distracted. A quiet ambush will be handy.”
“Then let’s do it.” Jaejoong agreed right away.
The four of them slowly made their way closer to the guards who were gathering and mingling with themselves. Luckily, they had their muskets being placed on the table just some steps away from them, and this made them as vulnerable targets already. And yes of course and as expected, Jaejoong and Changmin did the sneaky planned attack and managed to knock the guards out of their consciousness. 
“I think we are safe here, hyung.” Changmin said as his instinct and twitching cat ears assisted him in sensing, “I don’t feel any negativity nearby. But yet there are some living presences…”
Yunho was picking up the muskets and rifles, thinking to give them to the others especially Changmin as temporary weapons when his eyes caught up a sight of a figure approaching them. Alerted, Yunho regrouped with the rest and gestured his hand toward the black figure coming. 
“Another deal?” Lillian questioned no one in particular as she hissed, unsheathing her daggers.
Jaejoong furrowed his eyebrows as he aimed his sword toward the incoming figure. The queer figure was approaching very close, and obviously it was heading toward them. As it got much closer, the figure seemed to be having the size of a standing human and it was pacing up with light small yet quick steps. But still being alerted, Jaejoong was about to slash his sword, not wanting to let the expected foe striking first when all of sudden, 

“Wait!” a young female voice was heard echoing in the tense atmosphere and it paused Jaejoong’s movement.
And when the dim lights did shimmer upon the once suspected dark figure, instead a young girl was concealed. Her cat ears and cat tail clearly clarified that she was one of the innocents. However, this auburn-haired girl was wearing the same type of clothing like the female wolf guards did wear. She was a young girl, looking like newly in her teenage life. The girl somehow did not have scars of slavery and never to look so pathetic and fragile like the other cat people. In fact, she looked like exactly one of the guards.
Hissing his hatred, Changmin stepped forward, “What is this? A wolf in disguise of a cat?” he questioned with a cocked brow.
The young girl shook her head before staring desperately at Jaejoong, “My lord, I did expect you will come.” she said, and this surprise everyone.
“I don’t understand anything. Who are you?” Jaejoong who was slowly lowering his sword cautiously asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter