Erased Brotherhood

Weird Tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kneel on the ground!” Changwook who was standing on a raised platform with his men standing behind him commanded with eyes fixed on the petrified people on the ground facing him. 
This was the Cat’s Clan, a place where the shape-shifters of cats gathered together, forming their culture and traditions while building their settlements, developing the place that was once a mere jungle into another isolated city which could not be detected by normal humans although the technology was getting advanced. The Cat’s Clan place was located just miles from the Wolf’s Clan, being separated by a temporary boundary of tall wooden fences and armed forces of trained wolf shape-shifters watching the route which was always taken for trespassers. When the previous king of the Cat’s Clan was still ruling, the clan had a ceasefire with the Wolf’s Clan which had long become their one and only enemy. However, once the king died and the clan was free from rulers, and the Wolf’s Clan had regained a new yet young king, the Cat’s Clan was on the line of a threat once again after some years. And now, Changwook as the leader of the Wolf’s Clan had brought his men to seize the vulnerable neighbouring clan without an early warning.

 

The captured and trapped shape-shifters of the Cat’s Clan were all gathered at the centre of the city no matter whether they were men, women or children as long as they had the bloodlines of a cat shape-shifter. They were terrified, exhausted, thirsty and weakened. Their eyes wildly darting around the view of the callous trained soldiers of the Wolf’s Clan surrounding them with foreboding weapons in hand. The people slowly knelt on the ground while holding tight to their family members as the sinister leader of the other clan was beginning to invade their land.
Changwook watched as the people obeyed his words and he nodded to himself in satisfaction.
“From now on, your clan will be demolished and the Wolf’s Clan will replace yours as I, now as Ji Changwook, am the new king of my clan!” he announced with pride. 
His men, although in their human forms, began to let out a low yet long protracted howling in unison which sent a wave of fear to the people. 
“And you all have to serve me as your king as well!” Changwook stated in power of authority, “And those who disobey me will be sentenced to death.”
One of the captured people, an old man, stood to his feet with a face showing anger of this prejudiced life, “You can’t do this to us! Our king will come and I am sure of it! You can’t take the throne! You are not qualified to be a king!” he shouted in disagreement, not thinking twice of his situation where his life was in a great peril.
The rest of the people, still kneeling with trembling legs, all looked up at him. Some showed hope of justice and some were already predicting of a doomed future of their clan. Silence followed afterwards as Changwook fixed his menacing glowing orbs at the old man. The old man still firmly stood on the ground in the threatening silence. He was sure that Changwook would punish him but he was sure that his clan could not be like this.
“How you dare voice your words at me like that. Your filthy language shall not be heard.” Changwook responded.
“Young man, your mother was once a generous woman and your father was the one who accepted that life should not be in the term of ‘kings and slaves’. But today you destroy their hope!” the old man retorted.
An aged woman also stood beside the old man, perhaps her husband, as she held his wrinkled wrist, “Your mother was kind enough to visit my chamber every morning yet you act as if she was never your mother!” she countered as well.
“Shut up, folk!” Changwook informally commanded to the elders and glanced at his men, “Soldiers, kill them!”
A wave of chaos occurred and aghast screams of the people merged with the mayhem as the soldiers surrounding them made their way to the aged couple who patiently waited for their final breath. One of the wolf soldiers grabbed the old man’s collar and showed him his glowing eyes. And when the aged couple were going to be tortured, a twist of the plot came for rescue.

 

“Stop it!” a commanding bawl of a man crashed through the ice of the chaos, catching everyone’s attention even Changwook who was searching for the owner of the voice.
Changwook narrowed his eyes to the further distance and finally a knowing smile formed on his lips as he saw figures were approaching to the centre of the turmoil. The people, including the aged couple, had faces of brilliant hope as they saw who was coming. The old man pushed away the wolf soldier who had been grabbing him while a wide smile of relief formed on his dried lips as he turned to face his saviour. Jaejoong and the rest had come for rescue.

 


“Oh young hero, you have arrived!” the old man praised and smiled while looking up at the sky as he knelt on the ground, “Our saviour has arrived!”
Watching the old man’s since servile fawning, the rest of the Cat’s Clan people followed after his actions and knelt toward Jaejoong who had arrived to the scene. Jaejoong who had Yunho, Changmin, Yoochun and Junsu following behind him looked over the ruined life in front of them. Jaejoong had the most concern and let a smile ruled his lips as he nodded to the people who showed him respect.
“You may stand up now.” he spoke and all the kneeling people qui

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter