Feathers of a King

Weird Tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong found himself screaming the breathe he had before himself knowing it. Yunho left him too early, he despised that fact. His hearing was deafened by his own desperate screaming and that he was digging his nails deep onto the ground where he was kneeling. The wolf soldiers were already surrounding him, aiming their guns at him ready to pull the trigger if he were to disobey the commands. Jaejoong witnessed the tragedy when his friends were captured and trapped by another group of wolf soldiers and it was a blatant defeat the cats were about to encounter. Surrender, this word has played well in his mind. Yet Jaejoong acknowledged the heavy responsibility he had to fulfil, the quest he had determined and selected for himself, the luxury of saving his clan was far to be reached and that Yunho was nowhere to be seen. His beads of tears were dropping on the ground underneath him, creating small puddles. Jaejoong had his legs and arms trembling so obviously to the eyes and his fangs were protruding from his pale lips. He needed to seek revenge, to save his clan and to cherish his memories with Yunho. His emotions were distorted, and he needed to collect the small pieces himself. And yes he needed to do it.

With trembling legs, sweat damped his temples and neck, Jaejoong groaned louder as he clenched his fists before getting up on his legs and summoned his sword once more. Alerted by Jaejoong’s sudden blazing passion, the soldiers began shooting their stray bullets at him yet he skilfully dodged them as he slashed his majestic sword in one circular pattern and slaughtered the foes surrounded him. More soldiers coming but his friends who were trapped managed to set themselves free once more and joined forces with him to avenge the murder of Yunho and to reclaim back what was rightfully theirs. Swinging his sword aimlessly but with increasing pace of fury, Jaejoong locked his glare at Changwook who was watching him from afar.
“Changwook!!” he shouted, and for the first time he called his brother with the name itself, “You will get your one day, you’ll see!”
Albeit he heard the name being called, Changwook just stood on the ground watching the defeat of his younger brother. Jaejoong groaned and cursed in frustration as he kept on marching forward trying to get closer toward Changwook which was nearly impossible as more and more wolf soldiers ambushed and attacked him. His friends tried to save him as well yet they ended being casted further away from him and it seemed the wolf’s strategy by now was to separate Jaejoong as far as possible from his friends, or that was how the flow of war moved. Anyway, Jaejoong knew only one thing; to kill.

Jaejoong then casted his diamonded power and unleashed sharp diamond spikes looking like sturdy icicles from his palm and managed to stab some of the wolf soldiers. Piles of dead bodies surrounded him like fences and he had to step on the gap of bodies to march. He could not see clearly, his mind was puzzled and his heart was blackened with rage and fury. Suddenly, one of the stray bullets managed to penetrate deep into Jaejoong’s arm, making him to groan and wincing in great pain as fresh blood splashed to the scene. Jaejoong, having his energy drained away, had no chance to possibly reach his brother. And just before his eyes, he could see his own defeat, and tears began to accumulate knowing that he had failed his people and clan, and he wished for a deep state of an eternal sleep. His Yunho, his clan, his friends, and his pride, every scar would break his dignity and Jaejoong nearly closed his eyes instead of waving the white flag in his hand. He received more wounds when the hound wolves ambushed him from behind, forcing him to kneel on the ground and he lost gripped from the hilt of his sword that the blade was thrown away and stuck into the ground, marking his attempt in saving and taking what was supposed to be his. Jaejoong had his vision blurred. However, he could still see his friends and people were still standing and resisting the enemies with their greatest force. How could he be the one kneeling so early? He was a leader, but why did he surrender so early than his people? Those companions gave him passion and support, his heart was yearning for yet another bloodshed, but his injured body was lined with exhaustion and his eyes were starting to get heavy. Jaejoong took one last look at his brother who was now walking away from him, turning his back around, and Jaejoong was about to close his eyes with tears dripping once he could see the wolf soldiers surrounding him aiming their guns close at him, about to pull the triggers. This was his last breath, perhaps he could join Yunho after this too. But that would be a greedy and immature decision he would ever make. He was weakened with a shallow cut in his heart. He was vulnerable. And Jaejoong did not think he would make it there.


When al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter