The Great

Weird Tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(First of all, let me apologise for my late update. Then secondly, I would love to do a roleplay plot via LINE. At the end of this chapter I will tell more about my roleplay wish)

 

*****

 

“I wonder what the two are up to.” Junsu spoke out.

He was sitting on the leather couch, brushing his tail as his pride and also his own admiration. He glanced over his shoulder at Yoochun who was peeking outside through the window and heaved a slight sigh. Junsu finally released the grip from his tail and let his cat ears to twitch as he stood up. 

“They won’t come if you just looking out through the window. It is not a princess waiting for the prince.” Junsu said as he watched Changmin finishing the pudding supply from the fridge.

Yoochun shook his head as his eyes were focused outside.

“Yes I am the princess, but am waiting for a greater outcome than just merely a prince.” Yoochun told as he finally pulled the curtain together, blocking the sunlight from passing through.

He sat down on the arm of the couch and had his tail wiggling over excitement, just like how a dog would have done. Junsu tilted his head slightly as he folded his arms against his clothed chest.

“A greater outcome?” Junsu questioned with furrowed eyebrows, “You mean Jaejoong hyung and that Yunho human will bring something home?”

Changmin who heard the conversation casually took another bowl of pudding along with a small spoon as he headed toward the main living room and settled his seat on the table, joining the older two. Scooping a slice of pudding into his mouth, Changmin joined the talk.

“Bring something like food?” Changmin asked with a wide smile on his lips.

Junsu quickly pushed Changmin’s head playfully with his hand, “Stop that food-rubbish of yours.” he told and Changmin just remained quiet with a soft sigh. 

Yoochun smiled and moved to sit on the floor, “Jaejoong hyung and Yunho are going outside, looking for a hint or something to be used in order to beat down hyung’s brother.” he explained.

Junsu also sat down on the floor, “You mean that Changwook person?” he asked with increasing curiosity.

Yoochun nodded, “And I am sure Jaejoong hyung will find something to reclaim back his throne.” he confidently said.

“How are you so sure about it?” Junsu asked again now leaning closer toward Yoochun.

Yoochun placed his hand on his chest, as if feeling where his heart was, “I have just got the feeling and I know it.” he said and smiled proudly.

Changmin rubbed his nose and hummed, “Let’s make a bet on what hyung will bring back home. I bet my tail if hyung brings a crown back home.” he said with a wink.

Junsu pushed Changmin’s head again, “Then you will cut your tail?” he asked and laughed softly.

Yoochun just smiled, “We will see if Changmin is right or wrong.” he said. But then,

 

“We are back home.” a familiar male voice was heard as the front door was swung open which made the three cats at home had a jump of their shoulders.

Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin just stayed quiet with widened eyes as they watched what had actually happened. Yunho was entering the house with the car key in his hand. Jaejoong from behind also entered the house after Yunho’s steps but with the sword in his hand. The two did it casually, as if bringing back home a sword was nothing more than peculiar. Yunho closed the door as Jaejoong passed him with the sword settled on his clothed shoulder. Changmin had his jaw dropped, Junsu had his eyes fixed at the razor-sharp blade of the sword while Yoochun gulped down his fear. Jaejoong headed to the living room and greeted the others with a smile.

“Hey you three, I have a lot to tell about.” Jaejoong spoke as he swung the sword in mid-air before placing it gently on the table against the wall.

Yoochun gulped again, “You sure do, hyung.” he told as his eyes were fixed at the sword. 

Changmin quickly grabbed his tail and hugged it softly, “That thing doesn’t look like a crown to me.” he said.

“That’s not a crown silly. That’s a sword.” Junsu corrected.

Jaejoong lifted his eyebrow and watched Yunho pulling the curtain, letting the sunlight to beam over the room. Jaejoong then dragged over a stool and sat on it. He glanced at Yunho who just glanced at him before disappearing to the kitchen. Now, Jaejoong was left with the three curious men in front of him.

 

“Keep your lips sealed and I will tell everything.” Jaejoong told and the younger ones did as told. Jaejoong then breathed in a good amount of air before releasing them at once. He brushed the fringe from his forehead and stood up to take the sword by the hilt. He felt eyes were aiming at the sword in his hand. Jaejoong straightened his back and cleared his throat. He turned to face the younger ones as he sat back on the stool, placing the sword on his lap.

“So, I returned back to my old home. I had a dream, or a nightmare, about that home so I decided to take Yunho with me as we went to my old home. We were looking for clues, I want to take back what is mine and this is what we found.” he simply told the details and lifted the sword.

“A sword?” Changmin asked in disbelief.

Junsu had his ears twitching again, “But a sword is meant to kill and you will be a king. You need a crown, hyung.” he opposed.

“I prefer a sword than a crown.” Jaejoong heaved a deep sigh before looking at Yoochun who seemed to be thinking about something, “This sword is kind of mysterious. I even heard voices talking to me after I managed to pull this sword from the ground. I am sure this is it, the hint. So Yoochun, you have anything to share?” he questioned, hoping truly since Yoochun was known to be the one who would be able to know everything that was going on around him.

Yoochun cupped his own chin and slowly looked up at Jaejoong, “Hyung, do you still remember the Great Grandmother?”

 

******

 

 

Yoochun parked the car at the side of the small road. Jaejoong was sitting on the passenger seat, keeping a firm hold onto the hilt of the sword. Yunho was instead at the back seat being mixed with Junsu and Changmin despite this car was his. No one knows where Yoochun was taking them to. He only said that they were heading to the Great Grandmother’s living place. But all Yunho saw was a forest waiting for them ahead. Yunho leaned forward.

“Excuse me but, didn’t Jaejoong’s brother have taken control on all of the Cat’s Clan areas?” Yunho questioned after recalling all the details on what had happened before.

Yoochun shook his head as he turned off the car engine, pulling the key out.

“Yes he did. But not all areas though, there are still few left. The areas that are isolated enough from the main ones, the places which manage to disguise as normal forest.” Yoochun explained, “And now, come on guys.”

Yunho just remained quiet as the others left the car and he did the same.

 

******

 

After minutes which felt like hours which felt like a decade passing and enduring the one single layer of the thick forest, finally the 5 men were able to see crystal clear sunlight and a clean meadow waiting ahead of them with Yoochun leading the way. They got bruises over pointy shrubs along their way on their revealed skin, itchy marks left by mosquitoes, dirt staining their shoes and beads of sweat covering their bodies. The men could feel tiredness began to run down their veins. The clouds that were once blemishing the sun were beginning to fade away, and now the sun rays strike down like lightning. And when they were in the verge of giving up, they were greeted by a new sight. No more forest, no more insects and bushes, but instead a beautiful grassy meadow with wooden fences surrounding it. It was a huge yet wide field, like a huge circular garden with colourful flowers being mixed with the grassy land. Buttercups, dandelions, roses, daisies, tulips and orchids. The gentle breeze blew away the dandelions and the grass along with the flowers began to dance with their flows. The bright blue sky seemed to be friendlier, mocking the rays of the sun causing beads of sweat to form. As if this beautiful landscape was not enough to be satisfying, there was one thing left which made the men to be amazed. In the middle of the meadow, was a wooden cottage, and at the end of the meadow, was a cliff. 

 

 

“That is the Great Grandmother’s house.” Yoochun happily said as he gestured his hand toward the wooden cottage. 

Jaejoong lifted his eyebrow, “I expect more like a castle or, at least something that matches with the title ‘legendary’”. he told.

Yunho cleared his throat, “Um, I am sorry but, who is this Great Grandmother?” he questioned and the shape-shifters looked at him.

Changmin widened his eyes, “I am surprised you don’t know her.” he gasped.

Junsu nudged Changmin by the shoulder, “Silly, what have gotten into you?” he sighed.

“Of course he doesn’t know Changmin, Yunho is a human.” Jaejoong laughed softly and glanced at Yoochun, “Alright Yoochun, tell him everything.”

Yoochun smiled, finally was able to show his intelligence to a human, “This Great Grandmother was once the leader of the Cat’s Clan, the only female leader who bravely fought against all riots and enemies in order to protect her own people and clan. She contributed her help to many wars, fighting and slaughtering were her skills. Blood was no longer a fear but a pride. She was ruthless toward enemies and betrayers, but always had the kindest heart to her people and young children. In the hours of defeat, she even disguised herself as a normal human, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter