A Matter of Time

Weird Tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“That bloodsucking mug!” Jaejoong cursed his thought out as soon as he heard the news both Changmin and Lillian had brought home. 
Everyone had gathered at the cottage once the two returned, not just with groceries, but bloody wounds. The Great Grandmother was treating on Lillian’s wound, telling her that the scar would be healed but the mark would still remain nonetheless. Changmin was on the bed, being told that the hit he had taken made him needing some rest for some days, although he insisted he would be fine. 
“I supposed that the entire Cat’s Clan has been conquered by the wolves.” Lillian told in concern despite she was, not any of the clans mentioned.
Pouring water into the glass, Junsu handed it to the youngest male as he turned to gaze at Lillian, “Like we are the remaining cat shape-shifters, other than those few out there which might be choosing to live as humans like we do.” he spoke and took the empty glass once Changmin finished the drink.
Yoochun was cupping his chin with hands folded against his arm, “They make a move earlier than we expected.” he spoke.
Yunho clenched his fists. He was a human yes, the only human, but he was too had the concerns toward his love’s clan. He took a glimpse at the furious Jaejoong before turning his stare at the Great Grandmother.
“What if we attack back? The wolves might outnumber us but if we have precise strategies then I shall say we can handle the ambush.” Yunho joined the talk. 
“Hyung, it’s not like we have any strategies.” Changmin talked, coughing slightly and had Junsu patting and caressing his back.
“But we can think of some.” Lillian remarked before wincing at her grandmother applying some mushed leaves on her wound, acting like some curing herbs.
Jaejoong had a slight frustration groan as he shook his head. Grabbing at the hilt of his sword, sheathing it before hanging it at his back, he strode toward the front door and reached for the doorknob.
“We need no strategies. My people are suffering under the wolves’ ruling and I have wasted too many times. I shall not play the waiting game.” Jaejoong told with a serious tone, about to open the door.
However, the Great Grandmother tapped her fingers on the wooden table next to her calmly. Living for some months with her, Jaejoong acknowledged that those tapping indicated that he needed to stop, and to listen to the elder. Turning around to stare down at the Great Grandmother who was sitting on the cushion on the floor, he waited.
“You remember that Lillian told Changwook casted some spells?” the Great Grandmother questioned calmly as she had just finished treating her granddaughter’s cut.
“Yeah.” Jaejoong answered, “What about them?”
“Your sword will not always be able to counter magic.” she stated, “Come outside, you still have one thing left to learn. Don’t be in such haste, it will worsen the case.”

******
At the meadow once more, Jaejoong had his one last training session, and this last practice was to receive his ultimate gifts, being bestowed by the previous leader of the Cat’s Clan. However, there were no clashing between blades and blades. Jaejoong had been a master of his sword and other supporting blades such as knives and daggers. The others stayed at the cottage since Changmin needed someone to look after him, and that Lillian had known what process would happen outside. Although being too curious, Yoochun and Junsu chose to stay as well, not wanting to meddle with the game of kings. However, Yunho came outside. His human instinct told him to. Out at the meadow, the Great Grandmother finally stopped pacing and stood straight as she turned to face the two distinct men following her from behind.
Jaejoong placed his sheathed sword standing on the ground, leaning against his covered legs, “What are we supposed to do here?” he asked.
“And am I allowed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter