Reclaiming The Throne

Weird Tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(I was writing this in a rush so a warning for another low quality chapter ()

“Jae, I think this is what you are looking for.” Yunho had his expression altered into a serious one as he caught the sight inside the chamber. 

Jaejoong could not hold his curiosity any longer when Yunho told that this was what he actually looking for. Hoping for a better result, Jaejoong quickly left the bed and headed to the opened chamber. Step by step, with greater curiosity mixed with greater anticipation, Jaejoong finally reached the entrance. Despite how dark the chamber was, but something in the middle of it, somehow mocking the atmosphere when it shone like the moon. Both Yunho and Jaejoong remained quiet for a while when they saw it. 

“Yes, this is what I am looking for.” Jaejoong spoke in a low voice, “Let’s step inside.”

 

Once they stepped inside the chamber, being illuminated by the one and only source of light coming from the object in the middle of the room. The object was certainly a gleaming metal sword and it had its extended razor blade being stabbed and stuck deep on the ground. The light was coming from the crystal beads of crystallised hilt owned by the sword. The hilt was shaped in a spiral way as if it was coiling a part of the sword. The small crystal beads seemed to be scattered throughout the hilt and they seemed to be placed there to fill the small holes. But, there was one small hole left and no more beads could be seen to fill it in. The crystallised ivory hilt matched well with the shining polished metal blade seemed shaped so razor and long straight reflecting the lights beaming from the beads. The beads seemed so sparkling. The chamber was just a small one, being surrounded by mossed rocky walls and the dried muddy ground as the floor. Both Yunho and Jaejoong had their amazed stares at the stuck sword on the ground; no words, no movements and no ideas in the head.

 

“I am sure it is a nice sword.” Yunho spoke after the moment of silence disappeared.

“Is that what you are supposed to say after this discovery…” Jaejoong asked in a fading voice, in the state of a minor disbelief after hearing what Yunho had just said.

“Well, it’s true still.” Yunho insisted, “Is this your first time seeing this sword? I mean, your parents might have talked to you about this treasure.”

Jaejoong shrugged once recalling that his parents never actually said a word about the sword, “Never, but I don’t see that as the crucial part of our discovery. We need to obtain what is discovered.” he told as he heaved a slight sigh.

Yunho chortled slightly, “I assume it is just simply pulling the sword out. It can’t be that hard enough.” he spoke.

“Let me try.” Jaejoong muttered as he pulled his sleeves and stretched out his arms to reach the shining hilt of the sword which seemed to be pointing up to the sky.

Once had his iron grip on the hilt, Jaejoong puffed his cheeks for a second, exhaling his anxious breath before began to pull the sword out. The sword did not budge at all.

“What is it? Have you tried pulling it yet?” Yunho questioned with a lifted eyebrow seeing that the sword did not even move. 

“I am trying my best right now.” Jaejoong had his teeth clenched and a face of struggling effort floated as his expression, veins even appeared on his neck as he tightening his grip and fortifying his exerted pulling force on the beaming hilt. “Ugh, this crap annoys me.”

“You are losing patience there. I am lending mine.” Yunho told as he also reached for the hilt with both arms.

They both pulled, and they both failed.

“This thing is sure coming from the Hell itself.” Yunho spitted out his mind after trying to twist the hilt and pulled it out.

“Now you are the one who are losing patience…”

“Hey, I tried.”

“The same goes here…”

“And now we are drained batteries…”

“Not yet. We need more forces. Let’s pull it out like a true man.”

“In the count 1, 2, and 3, pull!”

And with greater forces, the sword still did not move but then,

 

“Ack!” both Jaejoong and Yunho were thrown away against the rocky wall by a strong wave of an invisible force.

They hit their back against the wall and landed on the muddy floor, staining their clothes and wasting their stored energy so far. Jaejoong slammed his fist on the ground before rising to his knees. Yunho had the face of an ultimate shock; it was his first time being thrown that hard after all. 

“This is a total crap.” Jaejoong cursed before began to sit casually on the ground. His cat ears finally folded down in disappointment and he had his cat tail to caress the ground softly.

“Woah… So intriguing… This is what it feels to be thrown away…” Yunho, surprisingly, was amazed at the fact that he had just been thrown to the wall.

Jaejoong stared so confusedly at the other, “And that makes it seems interesting?” he questioned.

Yunho also sat in front of the older one, “It’s my first time so yeah.” he began to talk casually.

Jaejoong chuckled, “Second time here.” he told before then a thought came uninvited and he heaved another sigh/

“Your sigh tells me that you have no idea how we are supposed to pull that sword out.”

“I know. But it seems like we have more words than action.”

“Words tell action don’t they? Even authors write words to tell action.”

“Our talk might be a little bit far-fetched but I agree with that/ However, if the sword keeps on being a crap like this, I could not reclaim back what is truly mine then…”

“What is it that you actually want to reclaim huh?”

“The throne.”

 

Yunho had his lips being sealed again. He watched as Jaejoong did the same as well, perhaps the fate was sealing their lips or perhaps they were the ones to seal their own lips, or even the words they said which told actions had actually sealed their lips. Words could hurt sometimes, and sometimes actions are better than words. Seeing Jaejoong like this, Yunho seemed to get it. He secretly admitted that Jaejoong was cold from a distance and did not seem so friendly, he was so peppery and that his words were never minced in the first play each time he said them out. But, Yunho also admitted that deep inside Jaejoong’s soul he was actually a different man, a man who needs help and prot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter