A Scarred Warning

Weird Tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Several months had passed and flown like the petals of a dandelion dancing through the gentle zephyr in the air; soft and smooth. Surprisingly yet luckily everything went at a pace which came to everyone’s liking, not even some  problems to be solved. Jaejoong was also improving and sharpening his skills, and he was developing into a better leader, yet an unofficial leader still. When everything was going so unexpectedly smooth, both Changmin and Lillian who were expected to grow into nemesis were also astoundingly getting into better terms, growing from acquaintances into friends. And today the two were set to head to the nearby grocery store to of course, but some groceries. They had to stabilise their food supply each week, all thanks to Changmin who ate even at late night when everyone was snoring. The others had decided to put both Changmin and Lillian together as they could sense that these two friends were still awkward meeting each other, and to that Changmin had secretly told Junsu one night that his heart would beat rapidly once being close with the lady, and his body was heating up.

Changmin shifted into the driver seat of the car since Lillian did not even know how drive. Waiting for the lady to settle on the passenger seat next to him, Changmin gulped as he buckled the seatbelt before clearing his throat. His eyes darted around and the more he stared into Lillian, the more his body heated up. He started to feel uneasy and wondered if the female fox would be feeling the same toward him. Nonetheless, Changmin snapped the thought away from his mind and roared the engine. Both of them, without they knowing, were feeling restless and uneasy. During the entire journey, Changmin decided to allow some pop songs to conquer the atmosphere, played from the radio. He took a brief glimpse at Lillian occasionally and spotted that the lady was looking out through the window. It felt like an hour that they had been this quiet, and none of them even dares to cough. Lillian bit her lips as she leaned her head against the window glass and played with her sleeve. Changmin rubbed his nose slightly. Both of them were wearing hoodies of different colours, a way to conceal their ears and tails. But Changmin decided to pretend a cough and startled the female.
“Um, are you into men?” Changmin suddenly asked, then widening his eyes in shock at his own question after realising how raw it sounded.
Lillian also had the same reaction as her orbs enlarged. She quickly turned her head to stare at him. She took seconds before clearing and looked away.
“Yeah.” she answered, “Why?”
Changmin shrugged while focusing on the road, “I don’t know myself. I mean, all my hyungs are well, mostly biual and… gay. So I am just making sure of what you are into since I guess I am the straight one among the others.” he told and chuckled a small one.
“I am biual.” Lillian simply told and Changmin stared at her, “I treat both genders equally.”
“Oh…” Changmin rubbed his nose, “So, if any of these genders choose to date with you, who will you choose?”
Lillian saw and knew where this was going to. She smiled a knowing one before staring straight at the tarred asphalt.
“I play with speed. Who comes first will get me.” she casually told and chuckled and stared at the man beside her, “Are you fast enough though?”
And Changmin just coughed again, ending the conversation as his body tensed up.

******
Once arriving and entering the grocery store, the two immediately began to roam around the store while searching for the things in their list. The two spent almost an hour shopping alone, it were just the two of them being the customers. Despite the grocery looked so compact but inside it felt even much bigger than it was supposed to be, yet the silence was the king in the atmosphere. The ceiling fan was spinning round and round in a slow pace, not even a touch of the wind it gave could be felt. Perhaps the two didn’t realise just yet, but they secretly held something precious within their heart. And it was just a matter of effort and time to dig their hearts and pulled that sensation out of them. And after an hour spent grabbing and placing the things they planned to buy in the trolley, the two accidentally encountered each other at an alley in the quiet store. Staring into the eyes, they could feel and hear their own hearts beating rapid. The pace was too fast, they admitted that. Changmin then cleared his throat as he looked down at Lillian’s hands and noticed that she was holding all the things in her hands.
“Um, give me those things. This trolley has some more spaces inside.” Changmin offered with a small smile.
“Gladly.” Lillian uttered a sigh of relief as she, with the help of Changmin, placed and arranged the groceries in the trolley.
Changmin puffed his cheeks as he breathed out and hummed a quiet one as he leaned his body closer onto the trolley handle.
“So I supposed we are done here? Anything for to fetch?” he questioned as his eyes were observing the lady before him.
Lillian lifted the corner of her lips and instead turned to face the shelf of things in front of her. She folded her hanging locks at the back of her earlobe as she bent her body down, crouching slightly as she extended her arm, reaching out to the canned food in the shelf. Changm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter