Dungeon

Weird Tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“The guards outnumbered us.” Changmin told.
Already on their mission, Jaejoong, Yunho, Changmin and Lillian were crouching down not wanting to be spotted as they hid behind the cracked concrete walls. They were already setting their steps inside the compound of the Cat’s Clan. Everything had changed so dramatically. It was nothing but a bit of the wolf’s track. All of the cats were degraded into titles lower than they were supposed to be. Male cats were set to be no one but slaves, doing heavy works lifting obstacles and rebuilding the entire clan into a fortress under Changwook’s orders, the women were told to do basically the farming and gardening, being the best resources of food, the young men were either taken to take part as the low ranked soldiers serving the Wolf’s Clan instead or if they did resist the orders, would be kept in dungeons, the young ladies were nothing but to be bunch of tools, asked to sell their bodies for pleasure while the children of the Cat’s Clan were either to help in some secondary tasks like fetching water or the talented ones were told to continue schooling but in the manner of the wolves’ principle of knowledge. The entire Cat’s Clan was demolished, the buildings were ruined and destroyed and new shabby shacks were provided for the cat settlers but sophisticated facilities and infrastructures were built for the wolf settlers; an obvious boundary between the accepted and the thrown. The mansion, which was sometimes stated as the palace of the cat’s leader was now obviously occupied by Changwook, given by the massive number of guards patrolling around its area. And just by seeing how tight the security here was, the 4 saviours admitted that they required a better set of plans. 

Transforming into his cat form, Changmin crawled toward the concrete wall closer and peeked yet spied through the crevice, eyeing the situation with his sense and instinct, before glancing at the others over his shoulder and his tail was firm straight, indicating that caution was best needed. Nodding his head, Jaejoong then told the others to rendezvous.
“From what I see here, there are few small shacks where we can hide at. We jump shacks by shacks, I am certain the cats will be glad to know our arrival, yet we have to do it quiet and steady, I do not wish stray mistakes to leap this time.” Jaejoong told with a low voice, in a whispering careful manner, making sure everyone swallowed his words deeply, “Changmin and Lillian will shape-shift into their forms. The smaller they are the better. You two will sneak toward the first shack and send us a signal if it is out of notice. Then Yunho and I will rush toward you two. We proceed to the next shack with this strategy. Understood?” 
“It seems like the least we can do for now.” Lillian spoke, “What if we encounter some unwanted attention?” 
Jaejoong clicked his tongue, “We knock the enemies out quietly, assassinate is better, but only if you are able to complete a sneaky attack. We don’t need to be loud and violent for the moment. And remember, our mission is to save both Yoochun and Junsu. Is everything clear?” he questioned, eyeing no one in particular and other nodded.
“Alright, let’s commence.” Jaejoong told, and the mission had just begun. 

As planned, both Changmin and Lillian had transformed into their cat and fox shapes respectively. Yunho and Jaejoong just stayed behind the concrete wall again, eyeing through the crevice as the two shapeshifters had departed from their concealment. Gladly, this rustic area of the sophisticated colonised compound was never a great interest of the wolves, just a small area with shabby shacks and the discriminated cat people. Changmin and Lillian had entered to the first targeted shack at ease, no eyes were even staring at them and that the wolf guards were nowhere to be seen at this part of the area. Waiting, Yunho patted on Jaejoong’s shoulder as he caught sight of Changmin calling for the two in the language of his waving tail. Careful with their steps, not wanting to trip over of the small pebbles out of anxiety and insecurity, both Yunho and Jaejoong finally made it reaching to the shack. It was compact, a floor of the dried ground, walls made of wrinkled wooden planks and stained mattresses as beds, it ached Jaejoong’s heart to see his people were living in this kind of way. Yet knowing he had no time to concern over that issue now, Jaejoong nodded at his teammates and watched as the two cat and fox were once again darting their eyes and senses around before crawling toward the second bigger shack. Jaejoong and Yunho followed neatly from behind and they four took a short rest under the shelter. But then,

“Is it-” a shaky male voice was heard, “Oh yes, it is you, my lord!”
Jaejoong and the others widened their eyes, their arrival was picked. And they were alerted. However, as they turned around all they saw was an adult cat man wearing shaggy and baggy clothing, torn and worn over it was. His charcoaled hair was a mess, even messier than any bedheads and that he had black bags under his eyes. This man was practically thinner than a normal adult man would be. His cat ears were stained and so the same to his barely hanging tail, weakened and fragile. He had deep bruises on his skinny skin, a sign of torture. And he obviously was one of the discriminated cat people.
“You are here to save us, don’t you?” the man asked again with an anticipated face, staring deeply at Jaejoong.
“How do you know that I am your leader?” Jaejoong questioned, feeling assured that he had not to use roughness.
The man had a brisk chortle, “Every folk in the clan knows you, my lord! We are all waiting for you. And yes, that wolf leader is too, waiting for you as well.” he answered.
Jaejoong shared some glances with his friends before facing the man again, “You mean Changwook, my brother? Is he here at the palace?” he questioned, trying to fetch some details.
“Oh yes he is always here. I wish he would just leave, but he is always here. He makes us doing chores which will not give us benefits. I craft axes and pickaxes as told every day and night yet none were to come as my prizes. I am giving the stupid wolves weapons but not even cents are for me!” the man complained.
Realising that he had a more mandatory mission to focus on, Jaejoong furrowed his eyebrows, “By any chance, have you seen the wolf leader taking some hostages recently?” he questioned with care.
The man was into a deep silence for a while. He seemed to be surrounded with thought, trying to recall what it was like the time of yesterday and the day before. Then he had a blink of his eyes.
“Ah yes, he got himself some good young cats. I had pity for the boys.” the man said, saddened he seemed.
“Boys…” Jaejoong muttered under his breath, “Did you know where the wolf leader places his prisoners at?”
The man nodded his head straight away, “Every folk knows just where. The dungeon it is my lord. It is a place of great misery and fear, we folks know nought but to st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter