Wednesday, October 4

A month of love [ FICTOBER ]

Day 4: “God…mint green is an ugly color to paint your kitchen. You seriously need to hire an interior designer.” AU

Stereo heart is blasting through the speakers and Tao is singing the lyrics just as hard. He bends over to dip his paintbrush in the mint green paint and walks over to the wall he hasn’t painted yet. A new song starts playing and it takes him a few seconds to recognise it but once he does he starts singing again.

He liked the color mint green; it’s a fresh color that makes him happy when he looks at it.

Which is why his kitchen will have to make him happy by being mint green.

Tao’s guilty pleasure are songs that have been played way too much already that they’re not enjoyable anymore. Drops of paint land on places where they’re not supposed to land but Tao doesn’t pay any attention to them; what he does pay attention to is the wall that’s getting really pleasing to his eye.

However, his painting gets interrupted by the ring of the doorbell and he puts down the paintbrush, goes with his hand through his hair, as a helpless try to make something out of it and opens the door. He is face to face with a stranger – a handsome stranger at that. “Hello, what can I help you with?” He asks. “I’m sorry to interrupt your,” the stranger laughs a bit, “singing session but would you mind turning the sound down a bit? I just moved in and I’m really tired but the noise you’re making doesn’t really allow me to sleep,” he finishes and scratches his head, not really looking at Tao’s face.

Tao blushes at the mention of his singing session and takes a step back, inviting the man without using any words. “I’m sorry, I’ll stop the radio for a bit,” his actions follow his words and he returns back to his guest. “You said you just moved in?” he asks his guest. “Yeah, I’m your new neighbour, Kris, nice to meet you,” he shakes his hand and introduces himself too. “I’m Tao, it’s a pleasure to meet you.”

Kris smiles at him and looks around in his kitchen. “Tao, I like your voice and you’re nice but I don’t like your taste in kitchen wall colors. Maybe hire an interior designer next time?”

Tao’s mouth falls open and he blinks, not able to say anything.

Oh well.

 

(part two will be up tomorrow.

I hope.

school start at half past eight, ends at 4 and work starts at half past 4 and doesn't end until the last customers went home.

how the hell am I gonna survive and write.)