Friday, October 20

A month of love [ FICTOBER ]

Day 20: “My mom told me to bring my little bro to the park and you were also there and he seems to really like you” AU

“Mark?”

Said boy is nowhere to seen.

“Mark? Where are you?”

Panic is taking over the voice of the 20-year-old man.

“I’m here ge!”

The voice of the younger boy just saved the older from a heart attack. Kris walks to where he things the voice comes from and sighs in relief, a weight falling from his shoulders when he sees that he was right. The kid that looks like an exact copy of the older male is innocently sitting on the slide as if he didn’t just disappear from the older’s side without saying anything.

Kris crouches down in front of the boy and hugs him close. “Gee Mark, do you have any idea how worried big brother was?”

Well, Kris isn’t his older brother if you looked at their DNA but when his father came home, finally happy after all those years of mourning, telling him that he found the love of his life Kris didn’t even think of taking his father’s happiness away. Who was he anyways to decide over matters like that? His father was the one that helped him whenever he needed the help even though he had it hard himself and since he remarried he isn’t alone anymore. His father being lonely was one of the things Kris had worried over since he left to live on his own so when Kris heard that his soon-to-be mother had a kid of her own he accepted his new role of older brother without hesitation.

The kid pouts when Kris lets him out of his embrace. “I’m sorry gege, the slide just looked nice and you were talking with that girl and I felt bored…” Kris chuckles at hearing the younger’s explanation. “Next time save your older brother a few years of his life and tell him when you are going somewhere, okay? Now, you didn’t get hurt did you?”

Mark shakes his head. “I couldn’t get on the slide since my legs are still too short but the pretty male there helped me.” Kris follows Mark’s finger and sees a pretty male furiously writing in a notebook.

Wait. That’s his crush from years ago.

Well, at least he has an excuse to speak to him now.

“Mark, did you thank the man for helping you?”

The kid thinks for a few seconds and then shakes his head.

“Sorry ge, I forgot.”

Kris smiles at the kid. “Don’t worry, we can still thank him. Come on, let’s go to him.”