Saturday, October 14

A month of love [ FICTOBER ]

Happy ending of the second week! Also clumsy!Kris because imagine someone like Kris being clumsy it's freaking adorable 

Day 14: My apartment key apparently also works on your apartment door? (Also I accidentally let your cat out.) AU

“Just sign here, here and here and then it’s all yours,” the low voice of the old man, one with a face showing so much age that Kris wonders when he will retire, tells him. The pack of paper on the table in front of him is honestly so much more than he expected when it came to renting an apartment but he just takes it as it is. “Alright,” he says and he scans through the rules once more to make sure that he hasn’t overlooked anything or something that could be a pain in the later on and signs on the empty space of the paper. “Here you go,” and the paper is handed back in return of a key.

The key to his apartment isn’t one like Kris expected it would be. The apartment he visited earlier that day looked fairly new and to be honest he didn’t look at the locks that time and just assumed that it would be locked by key, not by card. He is a bit sceptical about it; what if the lock suddenly gets a bug? He wouldn’t be able to get in if it does but then again, if he would lose a regular key he would have the same problem.

“Well, then you’re ready to move in. If there is anything more you need from me, my number is on the last page, together with all the other numbers you could possibly need,” and with that the other man was gone, leaving Kris in front of the elevator of the building.

He chuckles at his own appearance; in his hands his key, a pack of paper and in the other the handle of his suitcase. The suitcase was a big one, it was a big one but it was the only thing he had with him. The apartment he is renting has furniture included so he didn’t even need to buy or take any out of his parent’s house.

His cart doesn’t hold the number of his apartment- safety purpose, the owner had said, that way they can’t break into your apartment if they find it. The papers do hold the number of it but honestly, he has no hand left to search through it and he knows it on the third flours, apartment 310 or something like that. And if he gets the wrong apartment the door won’t open anyways so he doesn’t have anything to worry about.

The elevator is quite big and faster than he expected- he stumbles when it starts going up but is able to steady himself again just as fast. Thank god for no elevator music, he enjoys the peace he has in it. He finds number 310, scans the key and to his surprise, it does open. Ha! The right one.

Yet it wasn’t the one he had visited earlier the day. If he would have only looked at the furniture he wouldn’t have noticed it; it’s almost identical to his. The thing that is different is the smell of cooking that fills his nose and – oh – the cat that just brushed past his legs and he’s sure that it’s the wrong apartment when the likely owner of it opens the door and looks at him with a confused face that probably matches his own.

“How the hell did you get in my apartment?”

“Well I thought this was mine since my key did open this lock but apparently it’s yours and I just let your cat escape.”

“Say what?!”  

 

(Omg did y'all see Kris' new video of deserve? Boy, he looked hot. Summary of the party: MOTHERING x 20)

(ALSO MOMMY WU GETTING KRIS FROM THE PARTY BC HE LOST HIS WALLET AND HE WAS TAKING TOO LONG A D O R A B L E)