Sunday, October 22

A month of love [ FICTOBER ]

Day 22: “You’ve been haunting my room since forever and making things move and and by now I’m not even that scared dude just please shut the up and let me sleep” AU

The lamp on his nightstand flickered for the second time since he tried to reach the utter darkness called sleep and the flickering was not helping. Kris was also trying very hard to ignore the sound of the radio playing in the kitchen but he was doing a horrible job at it.

When he bought this apartment three months ago he didn’t expect to notice spooky happenings after a month but after two months he didn’t even get scared anymore. It just explained why it was so cheap and Kris has absolutely no problems with that fact since that meant he had more money to spend on other things he probably shouldn’t spend his money on but still did.

The song on the radio stops playing, the lamp on the nightstand flickers once more before it’s utter dark and silent for two minutes and Kris takes this opportunity to finally reach the state of sleep he has been trying to reach for the past few hours.

For once he was doing a great job. That is until the biggest lamp in his bedroom started flickering.

“God damn it! Ghost, spirit, I don’t know nor care what you are but ing stop! I need my ing sleep and you’re really not making it easier.”

The lamp is on for a whole minute and Kris considers going out of his bed to put it off but then it turns dark in his bedroom. It flickers once more and then the darkness stays.

Thank god.

That doesn’t mean Kris finally gets to sleep. No, no of course not. The world isn’t that easy. He keeps turning around and when he gets so irritated that he can’t handle it anymore he sits up.

“Okay ghost. You made me feel guilty enough to make me lose my sleep. Get something to communicate with me and let me sleep after that.”

The lamp on his nightstand is once again and he sees a page of his notebook getting ripped out, a pencil taken out of his etui and it comes near to him. An invisible weight sits down on the bed, causing him to wonder how something invisible even has a weight but after the happenings of the past two months, he isn’t even surprised anymore.

“Now what do you want?”

The pencil starts writing.

“I guess I’m kind of lonely

And like attention

And like you.”