Saturday, October 28

A month of love [ FICTOBER ]

To be honest, this doesn't really fit the prompt but I loved writing it. I might work it out to a full fic-one-shot one day.

Day 28: “I don’t care that you’re a nature spirit this greenery you subconsciously grow is getting out of hand!” AU

Being a nature spirit isn’t exactly the easiest job, especially when you’re, like, one of the last and have no one to get help from. Well, he does have friends that help him but try asking an archangel how he has to stop the greenery that grows everywhere he visits. The only answer you’ll get is that you should give a demon a try to stop it (by killing the flowers), which isn’t exactly something Tao looks forward to.

It doesn’t matter what season it is; wherever he walks, the greenery starts growing again. It could be deep winter and the flowers would still start blooming, which made Tao always an attractor of attention, if he wanted it or not.

That wasn’t the worst thing. Nobody had problems with flowers growing in the middle of winter or some threes growing their fruits early summer.

What was a hard thing is the greenery that pops up where it shouldn’t be. This kind of greenery is influenced by his emotions. When the literature teacher would discuss a tragic story and Tao was feeling it, a lot, flowers would start growing on his desk, yet they would die as soon as fast as they popped up. Which left Tao sitting in a bunch of dead flowers and a teacher who decided to not discuss any sad story anymore.

If Baekhyun would promise him to pay for the food, leaving Tao happy, a whole garden of delicious smelling flowers and even some trees would pop up. In the middle of the cafeteria. Which resulted in people cutting down trees while the break was long finished and Tao already disappeared to class.

It wasn’t as if he could really hide; he was the only nature spirit of the school. Then again, nobody really blamed him.

Kris, even though he enjoyed the almost heavenly smell that came with Tao every time the younger returned, didn’t enjoy the plants growing in their dorm or even on his bed.

It did help Kris though; when he didn’t know what Tao was feeling, the flowers would tell him and Tao couldn’t hide anything if he wanted to. It left the younger frustrated from time to time and Kris understood it but it did help in making up as fast as possible.

It also helped with setting a mood for any scene.

Dates were accompanied with roses growing around them, Kris proposing to Tao caused a whole field of white flowers to bloom, just like their wedding was full of white flowers.

When Kris was on his deathbed, leaving Tao crying at it, the nature spirit had flowers come up, slower than usual and they died just as slow, painfully reminding the younger of the current situation. The heartbeat of the older stopped but the younger was so busy crying and begging for his husband to live, he only noticed when the last flower died.

After that, no flower ever grew around Tao again.

(When Baekhyun and Chanyeol adopted their child, they only knew that it was a spirit, yet not what kind. Once they found out it was a nature spirit, the smaller of the two newly-turned parents started crying. When the child had been old enough, he heard the story of ‘uncle Tao’ and ‘uncle Kris’. His father told him to treasure every flower he would ever grow with his powers and never regret any of them. His dad told the same to his boyfriend when he introduced his soulmate to his parents, saying that ‘he would regret cursing the flowers on the day it would be too late’.)