Monday, October 16

A month of love [ FICTOBER ]

Day 16: The pet bird that you have overlooking your balcony talks me whenever I go out on my own balcony AU

The sun shines through his window when he opens his eyes. It’s too bright so he closes them again, mentally preparing for his second try. And he succeeds.

Now that his mind is ready for it, he sits up, yawning once more and looking through the doors to his balcony. A beautiful weather greets him and Tao can’t hold himself back. He might be only wearing his boxer shorts but his neighbours aren’t awake at this time anyway.

It’s a bit fresh but Tao knows it won’t be for long; it’s four in the morning but it’s in the middle of the hot summer and if he has to believe yesterday’s weather forecast it will be blazing hot today.

He leans down on the fence and stares into nothing, enjoying the sounds nature lets him enjoy, enjoying the songs the birds sing- wait. Birds.

He looks to the balcony next to him and sees what he was afraid of.

“It’s you again. Ugly man.”

He just gapes at the parrot, its red and blue feathers glowing in the morning sun.

He could shoot the damn animal but he isn’t one for hunting in the cities nor does he need to see his way too hot neighbour mad at him for killing his pet.

“You are a damn parrot. Shut your mouth.”

The parrot looks at him and Tao is embarrassed to say that he’s starting a staring contest with a freaking parrot.

Maybe he should checked.

The staring stops when the parrot scares Tao by talking again.

“Kris! Kris! The one you find hot is standing here in his underwear!”

“Excuse me?!”

The boy reaches to the bird's beak, as if he could actually push the words back in, but the doors of the balcony open and Kris in all his awoken glory walks out.  Tao’s mouth falls open and he doesn’t even want to imagine how stupid he must look when Kris starts laughing.

“Are you ok there? And pink boxers? Really?”

 

(don't ask why the parrot could talk so much)