Wednesday, October 25

A month of love [ FICTOBER ]

Day 25: “Listen, I really don’t like you, but you have kittens, so I’m going to be over a lot.” AU

Tao groans when he turns around once more. He has been trying to reach his sleeping state for an hour now but he fails every time. His bed is next to the wall and at times he regrets his wish for low rent and totally disregarding the thin walls that led through every sound that’s made at the apartment next to his own.

But even though the walls are thin he can’t understand what commotion is happening in his neighbour’s apartment as it’s freaking 3 in the middle of the night yet a number of noises and sounds indicating that something is happening makes him feel as if it’s 3 in the afternoon.

If only.

When turning around once more, hiding his face under his pillow and pulling the sheets over his head all doesn’t work he gives up and gets out of his bed. His sleeping shirt is replaced by the shirt he wore earlier that day and he puts on the first pair of jeans that he gets his hand on. He leaves his shoes for what it is; it’s not that cold anyways so his feet would be able to handle it.

He knocks on the door of apartment number 250, the one that’s owned by a male that he hasn’t been able to have normal conversations without ing or burning with. The man is hot but as beautiful as hit outside is, as horrible his inside is.  The door isn’t opened as fast as Tao is used to; it almost takes 10 minutes and Tao actually considers going back to sleep but he’s happy he didn’t when he sees the man with bedhead and some random clothes shot on holding a kitten.

“Tao, why are you here in the middle of the night?”

“What the hell are you doing in the middle of the night that makes so much sound that I can’t sleep.”

“I can’t do anything about the fact that my cat decided to go in labour in the middle of the night and I kind of had to check if everything was going like it should be.”

“Can I come inside?”

His question obviously takes the other by surprise as he opens his mouth and closes it again and ends up just nodding.

Tao squeals when he sees the litter of kittens laying around their black-haired mother.

“Kris I don’t care if you don’t like me or not I’m coming over from now on to visit your kittens.”