Thursday, October 26

A month of love [ FICTOBER ]

Day 26: I accidentally spilled my fairy dust on your cat and it flew out the window please don’t hate me.” AU

(the continuation of yesterday’s drabble but with a twist.)

And Tao kept his promise.

At first, he came by every other day, sometimes even less because of his busy life and the thought that he was intruding too much but it didn’t take long until he was a daily visitor and even more than just a visitor.

As he came by more and more his relationship with Kris improved. Conversations would start when they were feeding the kittens or just simply hugging them; sometimes taking it to the couch, the two of them sitting against each other with all the kittens and their mother walking on their laps, legs and the couch. As the kittens became braver they would start jumping off the couch more and climbing on Tao or Kris with resulted in hilarious “O god his nail is stuck in my sweater why isn’t it getting out” and “Goddamnit Tao get the damn kitten of me his nails hurt”. The kittens grew older and the awkwardness that was between the two that was present at the start disappeared.

The two were seen by their neighbors, flatmates and even schoolmates getting groceries, walking the kittens (which was a mess and how the kittens and their human parents survived was a question unanswered) and on an odd day going to the movies. Being seen together wasn’t something unnoticed; soon rumors about the Chinese boys being a couple surfaced and while it left Tao flustered and furiously denial and Kris silent they got used to it too and didn’t even bother to deny it anymore.

Maybe because there wasn’t anything to deny anymore.

By now they gave away the two sons of the cat because they were causing too much trouble for the little apartment to hold and one of her daughters was given to a mutual friend of theirs who begged for it as soon as he saw it the first time. Tao practically moved in too; he only returned home when he needed to get clothes or something else Kris didn’t have for some reason and to sleep.

While that wasn’t true either. Tao started sleeping over. It was ridiculous, really. The excuse of “It’s too late to go home” showed that they both didn’t want him to since his home was literally next door and both males didn’t regret any of it.

The door closed behind Kris and while he would usually trip over one of the many cats occupying his home he was tackled by Tao.

“Please, Please, Please don’t kill me Kris,” the younger begged which left the older confused.

“Why the hell would I kill you?”

“I dropped some of my fairy dust on Catman and now he flew out of the window and I panicked and now I don’t know where he went.” Tao was silently tearing up since he became close with the cats ever since he caught sight of them and the idea of his new lover becoming mad at him wasn’t exactly reassuring either.

“Fairy dust?!”

“Seriously Kris? That’s the first thing you notice? Our cat just flew out of the window to god knows where and you are worried about the fairy dust?!”

“Tao, c’mon, calm down. Catman is standing behind you with a pair of wings on his back so I would like an explanation about the fairy dust now.”