Unexpected Longing

You Are My Sunshine

After what felt like an eternity staring into each other's eyes, the stranger offered his hand to Sehun, with the most adorable smile he cutely giggled and introduced himself, "I'm Luhan.". Sehun took his hand and marvelled at how their hands slot together perfectly, "Sehun.", he replied with what must have been the biggest smile he'd had in years. The strange feeling from earlier had completely disappeared leaving a light, joyous atmosphere instead. 

 

"So-"

"I-"

 

They abruptly stopped, realising the other had spoken and grinned at each other, "You first." Sehun instructed. "I was just wondering when your shift finished, maybe we can go get coffee or something." Luhan enquired. Sehun cast a glance to his watch, "I've got about two hours left." he responded, disappointed by the time, he desperately hoped that Luhan would be alright with that.

 

Luhan gave an angelic smile, "I guess I'll see you in two hours then, wouldn't want to distract you from your job.", with a squeeze of his hand, which was still connected with Sehuns, he turned around and exited the shop. 

 

Sehun stood still, shocked at the events that had just occurred, he was in awe at the beauty of his soul mate, he was perfect and Sehun felt as though he could open up to Luhan and tell him anything and everything, something he had never felt as though he could do with anyone. He felt truly blessed to have found his soulmate, it felt as though a weight had permanently been bringing him down and now it was lifted.

 

~

 

The two hours seemed to drag on and Sehun sighed with relief when he was told he could leave, he quickly sent a text to the chat that his brothers shared notifying them he would be back later. Sehun began to feel nervous as he emerged from the store, looking around for Luhans golden head. He felt a rush of joy and wasn't sure whether it was his own feelings or Luhans. Luhan had beenleaning against the side of the building, playing games on his phone and had looked up to see Sehun exiting the store. Sehun was met with a smile, "Hey there." Luhan greeted with a tilt of his head, making him look all the more endearing.

 

Sehun felt as though he was melting from how cute Luhan was a grinned at his soulmate "Hey there yourself.". Sehun then proceeded to stare at Luhan, attempting to memorise his face and capture him in his memories, so that he would never forget this moment. He belatedly realised that Luhan had asked him a question, "Ah, sorry what did you ask?", a light blush covering his cheeks, he was slightly embarrassed that he had been so caught up in staring at Luhan that he didn't register anything that was coming from his mouth.

 

Luhan giggled at Sehun actions, "I asked if you wanted to go to the coffee shop down the street, where you can stare at me all you want.". Sehun blushed harder at Luhans words, nodding quickly he stuttered "E-erm y-yeah let's go.". In an tempt to hide his obvious blush, Sehun spun around heading in the direction of the coffee shop, leaving Luhan behind, who simply shook his head and jogged to catch up with Shuns long legs.

 

The two got to the coffee shop and headed towards the counter to order drinks, Sehun usually got hot chocolate, with a mountain of whipped cream and marshmallows, he had a bit of a sweet tooth and enjoyed the squishy marshmallows that melted into the chocolate. The waitress taking orders greeted them with a pleasant smile, "What can I get for you?" she asked. "I'll have a hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows." Luhan stated, looking towards Sehun with an expectant glance, Sehun regarded Luhan with shock, what were that chances that out of the numerous drinks on offer, Luhan would choose the exact drink Sehun wanted. Realising he had been staring for too long, something he seemed to be doing a lot since Luhan had appeared, he turned to the waitress, "I'll have the same.". With a nod the girl totalled up their drinks and Luhan reached into his pocket to grab some change, Sehun, wanting to make up for all his unnecessary staring, as well as making 

Luhan wait for two hours, quickly took out his card and paid for the drinks.

 

Luhan smiled sweetly at Sehun actions, "I can pay for my own drink you know." he added with a laugh. Sehun shrugged, "Might as well repay you for making you wait for me.". Luhan looked fondly at Sehun, causing Sehun to become somewhat self conscious of his appearance. Luckily, he saved by another waitress calling out their order, they collect their drinks and sit at a small table in the window so the shop, the sun is beginning to go down, casting the shop in an array of pink and orange tones that seem to bring out Luhans beauty even more. 

 

"So," Luhan starts, "I already know that you are Sehun and you already know that I am Luhan and I'm assuming you have realised we are soulmates?". Luhan had a very straightforward way of talking which Sehun liked, it was obvious Luhan always stated his mind. "Yes I am am fully aware of that, I guess it would be kind of awkward if one of us didn't know.", they both chuckled at Sehuns comment and thanked the heavens that they were able to find each other so easily, it really was a blessing. 

 

"Well then, I'll start," Luhan began, " I just recently moved from China a couple of days ago, tomorrow I will be joining SM high, I like listening to music and sweet things.". Sehuns eyes lit up, "SM high?" he repeated, Luhan confirmed with a nod, he broke out into a smile, "That's where I go to school.". Luhan too started to grin, "I guess we'll be seeing more of each other from now on then."

 

The two spent several hours mindlessly chatting about random things, opening up and sharing themselves with the other, before long their cups were empty and the sun had fully set, the moon shining in its place. 

 

Sehun looked at his watch and gasped, "Oh god, it's getting late.... Erm I know this is really sudden, even if you are my soulmate, but do you perhaps want to meet my brothers?". He looked at Luhan with uncertainty, he knew it was rather soon, but if Jongin found out about Luhan, he would definitely tell his brothers and Sehun knew it would break Junmyeons heart that he didn't bring Luhan as soon as he found him.

 

Luhan, momentarily shocked by Sehuns question, looked at him with wide eyes before settling with a warm smile, "Of course I would love too.". Sehun let out a sigh of relief and stood up and ensured Luhan was following him before he exited the shop. Luhan shivered as the left and Sehun gazed at him with a worried expression, with a slightly shy expression Luhan slipped his hand into Sehun before sighing, "Ahh that's warmer.". Sehun looked away, a blush rising on his cheeks, he then grasped Luhans hand tightly and started to walk back to his car, "We can't have you getting a cold for your first day.". Luhan smiled at his statement and walked alongside Sehun.

 

They reached Sehuns car and Luhans eyes widened, "This is your car?!" He exclaimed. "Yeah." Sehun chuckled, happy that that just his car could elicit such a reaction from the other boy, he opened the passenger door and ushered Luhan inside away from the cold air. He rounded the car and opened the door, sliding into the drivers seat. Sehun drove as quickly and legally as he could, excited to show his brothers his newfound soulmate.

 

They reached the gates to the house and Luhan looked out the window in awe, "This is your house?! Why didn't you tell me you were rich?!" He blurted out, "Well I guess I should have know after seeing the car, I mean there was no way anyone our age would be able to afford that." Luhan added as an after thought. Sehun enjoyed listening to Luhans commentary, he had never really had any friends that he invited to his house and so it was amusing to see Luhans reaction.

 

Sehun parked the car in the garage, alongside the many other expensive cars his brothers owned, the majority of them were in black or silver, apart from Chanyeols and Chens cars which stood out with flashy designs, the other brothers had rolled their eyes when they saw the cars, they knew full well that the two would get something extreme.

 

Luhans eyes were impossibly large as he took in the cars "There's more?!". Sehun let out a laugh, "Those are my brothers, I only have this one.". "How many brothers do you have?!" Luhan asked incredulously. Sehun continued to laugh at Luhans outbursts "Five.". Luhan shook his head in amazement before returning his gaze to the cars. 

 

Once they were safely parked they both exited the car and made their way into the house. Sehun knew his brothers would be home, they all made an effort to be home at night for Sehun and Jongin, since they were both still in high school. Sehun greatly appreciated this, since he knew his brothers were very busy most of the time with the business but still made an effort to look after their younger brothers. He headed towards the lounge where he knew his brothers would be, as he reached the door he glanced back towards Luhan, who was clearly worried at the prospect of meeting Sehuns brothers. Sehun paused, causing Luhan to look up at him, "Wait out here for a second while I just go explain to them.". Luhan nodded, and Sehun could feel that he was grateful to have the time to gather himself before meeting the others.

 

Sehun cracked open the door and slipped inside, gaining the attention of his brothers, "You're finally back Sehunnie! Where have you been, I thought your shift finished hours ago?" Junmyeon enquired, with his usual motherly tone. Sehun gave him a genuine smile, which shocked the others, they were used to seeing Sehuns small smiles that he rarely gave out. "Something good must have happened." Jongdae remarked, clearly glad to see his youngest brother so happy. "Yeah tell us already!" Chanyeol practically shouted, eager to find out the reason for Sehuns happiness.

 

"Well, I was working during my shift and I met someone," Sehun slowly pulled the door open, revealing Luhan, "I want you guys to meet my soulmate.".

 

Junmyeon squealed shooting up and running over to Luhan to pull him into a tight hug, startling Luhan who took a few seconds to realise what had happened before relaxing and hugging Junmyeon back. Junmyeon embraced Luhan briefly before pulling back to study his face, "Oh my you are so adorable.". Sehun stifled a chuckle seeing Luhans cheeks turn red. Junmyeon turns around pulling Luhan along with him, "Come sit next to me.", Junmyeon sat on the sofa seating Luhan next to him. Sehun sat down next to him and Luhan grabbed onto his hand, clearly finding comfort in Sehuns presence, Sehun smiled inwardly at how close they had become in just the few hours they had known each other.

 

"As you probably already know, we are Sehuns brothers, I'm Junmyeon, I look after these guys and make sure they don't kill themselves or make too much of a mess." Junmyeon had a permanent smile etched on his face, clearly happy with Sehuns discovery. 

 

"I'm Jongdae, the most amazing brother of Sehuns." Jongdae stated with his signature grin, the rest of the brothers rolled their eyes at the comment. 

 

"I'm Jongin, I'm still in high school along with Sehun." Jongin adds with a smile.

 

"I'm Chanyeol!" Chanyeol exclaims, obviously excited by Luhans presence.

 

"Kris." With a nod, Kris introduces himself.

 

"He doesn't talk too much, don't mind him." Junmyeon reassures Luhan.

 

Luhan takes in each of Sehuns brothers, "I'm Luhan, I just moved here from China, I am joining SM high tomorrow, which means we'll be in the same class Jongin." he states sending a smile in Jongins direction, "It's nice to meet you all and I hope we can become good friends in the future." Luhan finishes with a grin and Sehun feels a burst of pride, he was worried when he saw how nervous Luhan was, but now that he was surrounded by Sehuns brothers it seemed as though Luhan was in his element.

 

An hour later, Sehun finally remembered he time, "Ah." He gasped, gaining the others attention, "We should get you home, it's pretty late.". Luhan stole a glance at the clock, "I suppose so," he sighed, clearly disappointed that he had to leave. 

 

Junmyeon patted Luhans arm, "Don't be sad, you can come back tomorrow, you're always welcome here and besides, you don't want to be too tired for your first day of school tomorrow.". Luhan reluctantly agrees and stands up along with Sehun, their hands still entwined, "It was really great to meet you all, it's really nice to see such a loving family and I'll be sure to come back every day." He adds with a laugh, the others joining him. 

 

Junmyeon saw them to the car and hugged Luhan quickly, the two then entered the car, Luhan typing his address into the navigation system. The car ride was spent in a comfortable silence, both Sehun and Luhan thinking back to the events that happened in just one day, even though it felt as though they had known each other for years. 

 

Sehun pulled up to Luhans house and slid out of the drivers seat, he opened Luhans door and offered his hand, which Luhan graciously took. The wandered up the path to the front door, both reluctant to say goodbye. Sehun turned to face Luhan, who copied his actions, cautiously Sehun extended his unoccupied hand to cup the side of Luhans face. Luhan lent into the touch, his eyes briefly fluttering close, savouring the warmth that radiated from Sehuns palm.

 

"I guess this is goodbye." Luhan remarked wistfully. Sehun returned his gaze with a wry look, "It will only be for a short time and then we can meet again, we have the whole of our lives ahead of us, being separated for a few hours is small price to pay for being blessed with your presence for the rest of my life.". 

 

Both Luhan and Sehun stare into each other's eyes, the gaze slowly being drawn into each other's lips, Sehuns eyes flickered up to meet Luhans in a questioning look, Luhan gave a small nod before Sehun lent in to allow their lips to meet. It was a simple touch of their lips, however, Sehun felt a warmth from Luhan that he wanted to protect. Being this close to Luhan felt natural and he it was something he never wanted to lose.

 

They broke away from each other, both of them had a loving expression, Sehun wrapped his arms around Luhans waist and pulled him towards his chest, on which Luhan lent his head, wrapping his arms around Sehun in return. Luhan sighed in contentment as they swayed softly, "I don't want to leave." Sehun murmured into Luhans honey locks that had a vanilla scent. Luhan tightened his hold on Sehun before releasing him and leaning back some so that he could see him. "Believe me, neither do I, but your brother was right, I really don't want to be too tired for my first day of school.". Luhan pecked Sehun on the lips before stepping out of the embrace and opening his door, "I'll see you tomorrow at school." With a smile Luhan disappeared into his house, leaving Sehun alone with a love struck expression. Sehun wondered how he had ended up with such a perfect soulmate and the silly smile he wore stayed plastered in his face all the way home.

 

 

 

 

So here's the next chapter, I am actually melting from how cute hunhan are, I was squealing writing this. Firstly, it occurred to me half way through this chapter that Sehun and Jongin are both in high school but can somehow drive...yeah I didn't really think that through, so let's just pretend they are the right age to drive. Also I really didn't know what to call the high school and so it ended up as SM high, even though I cringed every time I wrote it.

 

I was originally having two chapters for each couple and then moving on to the next, but I think I might have several for each couple and then I will return to them in the future because I want to show Luhans view, which I will do in the next chapter, so once I feel as though the couple has progressed enough I will move on.

 

One more thing is that yes I know Luhan and Sehun got really close really fast, but I wanted that as part of being soulmates because I thought that being soulmates would make their bond develop quicker, so if it seems a bit rushed, that's why.

 

Anyway, thankyou so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed the chapter, comments are appreciated, even if they're just about random things like your favourite program or another group you like, I really enjoy hearing everyone's opinions. I am sorry again for any errors, I'm really bad at reading my own work.

 

So yeah...:)