Chipmunk

One Word
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yaaa!"

 

"Alvin!"

 

"I'm not Alvin!"

 

"Then Simon!"

 

"That's not me either!!"

 

"Aww man... You make Lisa sad."

 

 

Two six years old girls were playing along in the nursery. One was drawing and the other was bothering her with a pink unicorn on her arm. Both are the same age though the one with chubbier cheeks, probably the chubbiest cheeks Lisa has ever seen, was older by one month. They both have dark hair although the other one was almost brown in color.

 

 

"Oh come on... Lisa! I'm just not those two. Smile now, will you?" Chaeyoung began patting Lisa's head.

 

"Then! Then!! You're Theodore then! Right? Right?!" The girl began giggling hard and hugging Chaeyoung.

 

 

She pouted since Lisa can't understand her point.

 

 

"I'm gonna call you Theodore from now on!"

 

"Don't."

 

"Theodore! Theodore!"

 

"Lisaaaa--!"

 

"Theodore, let's go eat cheese balls!"

 

 

Chaeyoung began sniffing and soon enough her cries were heard by their teacher. The teacher approached them and knelt down to be the same height as the two.

 

 

"Chaeyoung-ah! Why are you crying?"

 

"Seonsaengnim! B-because... Li-sa keep c-calling m-me Alvin! Then it became S-simon! I'm not them..." She kept wailing while the other girl had a cute frown on her face. "Now, she's calling me Theodore!"

 

"Lisa? Why did you do that? Don't you know it's bad to tease others?"

 

"Aniyo! Seonsaengnim! I'm not teasing her! It's the truth! She looks like them!" Chaeyoung stopped sobbing only to wail again after Lisa explained. "She's as cute as them! Neomu neomu kiyowo!"

 

"So you're just telling her that she's cute?" The black haired girl nodded her head. "Why don't you tell that to Chaeyoung? In those words?"

 

Lisa turned to Chaeyoung and bit her bottom lip. She grinned widely when she saw her cheeks. "Chaeyoungie! Neomu kiyowo!"

 

"Jinja? Jinja jinja?" The crying girl almost stopped crying by now.

 

"Yuppiee!" She pinched both of her playmate's cheeks. "Just like a chipmunk!"

 

 

Chaeyoung's lips trembled and then she started crying again. Lisa was surprised that her friend was still crying so she turned to her teacher.

 

 

"I'm not a chipmuuunk!"

 

"Lisa!" The teacher looked at the other girl who began crying too.

 

"But it's trueee!"
 

 

That was the first fight of the two. Just because of a comparison to a chipmunk.
 

 

 

 

 

=  =  =  =  =
 

 

 

 

 

"Chaeyoungieee... Mianhe."

 

"Are you really sorry?"

 

"Well..."

 

"Lisa?"

 

"Will you play with me again?"

 

"Will you stop calling me Theodore?"

 

"Then--!"

 

"And Simon and Alvin?"

 

 

The little black haired girl pouted then nodded her head. She knows the difference of her daily life without her Chaeyoungie.

 

 

"Can you play with me and my Mr. Unicorn?"

 

"I don't know about that."

 

"Whyyyy? Lisa is not gonna call you by Alvin, Simon and Theodore anymore! Even when I really want to..."

 

"Lisa--"

 

"Can't you just play with me again? You told me that I'm your favorite person in the world! You should play with me and Mr. Unicorn since he's my number one friend."

 

"That's unfair then. I don't even have a stuff toy while you have a unicorn."

 

"Mr. Unicorn is not a toy! He's real! He gives Lisa candies and keeps the bad dreams away."

 

"Unicorns don't exist, Lisa."

 

"NO! Unicorns are real!"

 

 

Chaeyoung only sighed since she knows it's pointless to fight with her about unicorns.

 

 

"Then am I your number one friend or is it still Mr. Unicorn?"

 

"..."

 

"I'm not gonna play with you until I'm your number one then."

 

"But! But!!"

 

"Annyeong, Lisa."

 

"Chaeyoungieeeee!"

 

 

The girl hopped in to their car and Lisa was weirded out by how she felt.

 

 

"Why does it hurt?" She was rubbing her chest. "Well... I will still see her tomorrow, right? Right, Mr. Unicorn?"

 

 

She was talking to her pink and white unicorn. She was asking for advice. Of course, she didn't get a response. But she had an idea.

 

 

"Looks like Lisa won't be your best friend anymore, Mr. Unicorn. I need Chaeyoungie in my life." She smiled cheekily and began hopping towards her mom. "Don't worry! I'll just love you second to my Chaeyoungie!"<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter