Sweet

One Word
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Coz you're the apple to my pie... You're the straw to my berry... You're the smoke to my high... and you're the one--"

 

"Chaeng! We're about to warm up!" Jisoo approached the blonde girl as she kept strumming her guitar before their training starts. "Palli!"

 

"Yes, captain!"

 

 

The older girl laughed as she watched Chaeyoung scampered off her feet. She tied her hair in a high ponytail looking more like a sportswear model rather than a basketball player. Park Chaeyoung looks like one of those girls who can be extremely popular for their too feminine appearance. They say looks can be deceiving because underneath all that, the girl could be the ace of the team. Well that is... if Kim Jisoo isn't there being the best one.

 

 

"Extracurricular?" Chaeyoung tilted her head at her question. "You're in the music club too, right?"

 

"Oh! Yeah... but no. I'm just playing for fun."

 

"And testing your vocals."

 

"Because I have to practice. It's not really that pleasing to many people." She stretched her arms and even if they look lanky, Jisoo swore they came close to preventing her get the continuous hoops when the team play.

 

"Boo. They're just insecure es."

 

"Unnie!" Jisoo shrugged because it was always fun for her whenever the latter tries to reprimand her for the use of some words. It was cute to see those eyes getting wider and lips pouting cutely. "That's bad, you know."

 

She ruffled the taller girl's hair causing her to shriek. "Says who?"

 

"Ahh jinja!!"

 

 

Chaeyoung was complaining but deep inside she could feel her heart beating faster. She has always adored her sunbae. For too many reasons and the things they do together now was because they were becoming closer than ever.

 

She's not that sure anymore if she was simply idolizing her team captain or because of liking her tons more than a hoobae should.

 

 

 

 

 

=  =  =  =  =

 

 

 

 

 

"Beck!"

 

 

Jisoo was lacking in height but that didn't mean she lacks agility and technique. It was too late to intercept the pass once she received the ball well. Their current training was to spar with each other and it was getting a bit more competitive than usual. Chaeyoung would've help their point guard block the shot but she was busy protecting the shaded area in their court. She should've went along with her instinct even if it wasn't her position to block someone from the three point area. Because whenever Jisoo let those slender fingers flick once the pumping of her knees allow her to float in the air as soon as she jump... it was deem a perfect shot even without the help of the board. That's how precise her shots are.

 

They were all panting once their own coach blew his whistle, announcing that it would've been a buzzer beater if it was a real game. That made them all let out heavy breaths and exclaims on the floor. They clasped each other's hands, some even a high five to their team captain. It was almost unfair when she plays but it was a good training for them.

 

Their coach told them to get their own water and come back to sit on the floor in front of him before dismissing them. The black haired girl though had other plans of getting it from their side of bench. She moved toward the opposite part of the court, towards the bleachers and got what she needed as of the moment.

 

 

"They're cute, aren't they?" Sooyoung commented as they both watched Jisoo being taken care by the school's it girl. The other girl was wiping their captain's face with a towel while Jisoo drank from the water jug which Chaeyoung knew belong to Jennie. "Wow. I do hope I have a girlfriend like that."

 

"They're close but I don't think they're in a relationship." Chaeyoung muttered as a part of her don't want to accept that even when the whole school practically gossips about it. "Maybe Jennie sunbae is just used to take care of team players."

 

"Hmm... maybe we should just highjacked the volleyball team's manager and hopefully get the same treatment."

 

She laughed and shook her head, averting her gaze from the other two. "I know. But Lisa tells me that's not how she treats them much. Or her. I'm not sure. Lisa likes teasing around with Jennie sunbae."

 

"It's okay, Chaeyoung-ah. You'll find another person who'll mend your heart because Cap broke it." Sooyoung wiggled her eyebrows at her. "Wanna take a chance on me? I'm good in bed, freshman."

 

"Oh my goodness! Stop talking, Sooyoung unnie!"

 

 

Chaeyoung blushed hard when she heard the joke. The latter laughed loudly, making their coach eyeing them so they sat in front of him for the huddle. He gazed towards Jisoo who was still unaware of what's happening.

 

"Park. Go fetch your captain ball and tell her to stop flirting already." He address the two girls out of everyone else. While the others giggled or laughed, stealing glances to their senior.

 

"Me, coach?" Sooyoung asked while pointing to herself.

 

He shook his head and pointed to Chaeyoung. "The other Park."

 

Sooyoung started muttering to her but in a weird way that she doesn't open wide. Like a ventriloquist. "That's you, girl. That's you. Prepare for Heart Break 101. You hear me? Don't cry a river."

 

"I know it's me. And shut up. I'm not a crybaby." She hit the latter lightly before standing up. She vaguely heard Sooyoung calling her a baby again but she ignored it, going out of her way towards Jisoo and Jennie.

 

 

Chaeyoung could hear the laughs as if the two didn't care about anything in the world. Jennie saw her coming close to them and coughed a bit. Jisoo only slapped the latter, causing her to cry out but then they were laughing again.

 

 

 

The youngest of them three could feel her heart sank a bit.

 

 

 

"Jisoo unnie, we're having a huddle."

 

The older girl turned back but before she could reply, the brunette spoke. "You're Roseanne, right?"

 

"Chaeyoung's my Korean name actually." She smiled a bit to not come off as rude.

 

"Oh okay. I know, by the way. Jisoo unnie told me--" The black haired girl sent a look on her way, making her giggle as if there was some secret. She reached for a tupperware which contained some cake. "That you might like this."

 

 

Chaeyoung blinked a bit before taking it. It was still food after all and that's not something she would reject. She returned the latter's smile but somehow it made her nervous.

 

 

"You shouldn't have accepted it, Chaeyoung. That's a le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter