Deja vu

One Word
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's almost Valentine's Day. What are you going to do, Jendeukie?" You're the one clinging on her! Why call her Jendeukie, Kim Jisoo?

 

"I don't know. Receive chocolates?"

 

"I think Jennie's confused with Valentine's Day and White Day." Irene Bae. Yup. Pretty much surrounded by queenkas.

 

"There's no difference about it." I heard that lovely voice saying it nonchantly. "I get chocolates on that day. They're pretty much the same."

 

I hate my life.

 

They turned around the corner with the two older girls teasing her about someone. I dared to look for a longer time at her.

 

 

 

O M G

 

 

She did not--

 

 

Kim FREAKING Jennie did not just--

 

 

She looked at me.

 

 

OH MY GOOOOODDD!

 

 

 


 

=  =  =  =  =

 

 

 

 

"I feel so stupid, Lisaaaaa!"

 

"Why? What happened this time?"

 

"I screwed up during English earlier. She even had to see it!"

 

"Heol! Ms. Australia did what?"

 

"Shut up!" I hear Lisa laughing through the phone. "I mean it was really basic. Who would make a mistake between using past and present tense?!"

 

"Why are you making a big deal about this? You know that you're better than half your class."

 

"But still--! She was smiling and looking at me weirdly, Lisa!!" I close my eyes and flail my legs on the bed. "And if you only felt those goddamn eyes, Lisa... I swear. Oh God please kill me now!"

 

"Chaeyoungie, can I say something to make you feel better?" I sigh and smile at my comforting best friend. I reply a hum. "She doesn't care. She doesn't freaking care, girl! Stop being so freaked out! It's not like you're the apple of her eyes."

 

"YAH! How can you be so mean?!"

 

"Chaeyoung, let's face it." Her laughs are louder now. "She doesn't even know. Heck, she probably doesn't know that you exist!"

 

"Yah Lisa Manoban! Don't you show up to me! I swear I'm gonna--"

 

"You're gonna what?" She sighs and I don't know why but I can almost see her throwing me her comforting cheeky smile. "It's a reality check, girl. You know that too. You wouldn't have taken a long time to confess to her if it wasn't."

 

I exhale and feel even more embarassed. "I don't even know what to do. I like her so much and I want to impress her. I want to be beautiful in her eyes. I want to sound as lovely as her. I want to appear as hot and as cool as she does. I want to be smart--"

 

"But haven't you heard how your Jennie rejects people with her infamous line?"

 

"Yeah. I just hope I don't hear that."

 

"You'd be KOed real quick." I frown at her words. "Good luck in making that chocolate, Chaeyoung."

 

"I just finished earlier. It tastes good, you know!"

 

 

We talked a bit more then said goodnight to each other. I lay on my bed and Lisa's words kept replaying in my head. No. It was actually because a couple of rejected people have heard the same thing from Jennie. One line was enough. Many would try to woo and impress her but they always get the same answer. Sometimes, we even thought that it was her motto since she has the same response every time. Those words could really hurt and I wouldn't know what to do if I'm the receiving end.

 

 

I'll confess to her tomorrow. No matter what happens even if I get hurt or my heart breaks into pieces... At least I tried, right? That's better than anything.

 

 

 

I like her so much.


 

 

 

 

 

=  =  =  =  =

 

 

 

 

 


 

*BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ*

 

 

 

The sun was so bright but I barely feel the rays warming my skin. I reached for my alarm clock and saw the time and date. February 14. It's pretty early and it's already Valentine's Day. I fixed myself and prepared for school. Actually... Prepared myself for confessing my undying crush to Jennie Kim.

 

 

"Morning!" Lisa greets me with a smile. "Sooo? When are you planning to kneel, give flowers, say poetic words and give your chocolate to Jennie?"

 

"Not doing any of those. I'm just giving her chocolates." I put my other things in my locker but I kept the chocolate in my bag.

 

"That's it? Not even a letter? You might stutter and forget your lines, Chaeyoungie."

 

"Yah stop teasing me! You've been like that since yesterday!" I glared and pouted at her at the same time.

 

She laughed and threw her arm around my shoulders. It felt so light but I ignore it. We walked to class together.

 

 

I can do this.

 

 

 

Yes, you can. You can do this, Rośe! Hwaiting!


 

 

 

 

 

Okay.

 

 

 

So maybe I can't.

 

 

 

Not when I've been so unlucky today. The chocolate I've poured my feelings in was awfully deformed and not in the state of giving it to someone you like. It's so horrible that I just wanna cry.

 

 

It's dismissal time and I'm just standing around near her and her friends. They're all laughing around and maybe even bragging about who got the most chocolates.

 

I did get some and they're from boys. I thought that they're supposed to give chocolates on White Day? Oh well. Kim Taehyung was one of them and he also asked me out... I can't give him a yes. Not when I like someone else. Not when she's just standing there.

 

I come up close to her and poked her from behind. She turned around and... God those eyes... That should be illegal.

 

 

 

Calm down, Park Chaeyoung. Just say it.
 

 

 

"Jennie Kim."

 

She raised her eyebrows. "Do you need something?"

 

 

I closed my eyes. I wish I'd taken Lisa's advice seriously and just wrote a letter. If I talk... I'm sure I'll be stuttering. Somehow, I was only able to spout the words that's been on my head since I woke up.

 

 

Just freaking say it!

 

 

"I like you, Jennie Kim. I really do."

 

 

The school hallway was so silent that you can hear a pin drop. I opened my eyes and saw her outstretched hand. I looked up to her and stared at her hand with confusion.

 

 

"Where's my chocolate?"

 

"I... I--" I don't know what to say. "I don't have it."

 

"Your name is--"

 

"Park Chaeyoung!"

 

 

She widened her eyes. I must have said it in a higer octave. I usually talk like that when I'm nervous.

 

 

"Park Chaeyoung..." She trailed off and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter