Muse

One Word
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ah! Jisoo-yah! Can you stand there for a bit... a little to the left. No. Not that much, babe."

 

 

Jennie observed only as Kim Jisoo, the ever beautiful girl that deserves to be anyone or everyone's apple of the eyes, followed the directions of the infamous photographer. It was almost unbelievable how the girl could last staying still, moving from one place to another or smiling continuously. Though it almost seemed like she had no problem dealing with it, modelling and being the muse, at all.

 

 

"Jennie unnie, can you come here for a second?"

 

 

With Lisa's request, she immediately took steps towards the youngest girl among them. She might be young, acts carefree too but the Thai girl was exemplary in doing her job and passion. Being a well known and successful photographer all around the world at her age was enough to be a role model to many upstarts. Like Jennie Kim for example.

 

 

"So there's this thing that I'll tell you now how you can take a good one even when it's like against the light." She positioned her camera, her favorite one to use during the job, and started spilling her secret to her apprentice.

 

 

Jennie took all of that in. She needs to remember that for later on and practice it herself. Learning from Lisa was a chance she was still grateful for. It wasn't easy but it was still better, if not the best choice, she ever made as a photographer herself.

 

 

"Lisa, I think Jennie got it. And you got your picture too." Jisoo interrupted their impromptu lesson and her pout was enough to put everything on hold. "But I haven't had my chicken yet. So can you guys hurry up? I though you said this was our vacation?"

 

 

Lisa laughed and went on to tease the girl with the chestnut colored hair. She let Jennie took her camera before she made her way to her girlfriend. With the scene between them going on and the background proving itself right to be chosen as a perfect place for photography, Jennie applied what she just learned from the latter. She had put a little sense of her touch just like how Lisa said to her as the second most important thing to being a photographer.

 

 

 

The first one was finding the right muse.

 

 

 

Jennie focused the lens more. She counted one and two before she clicked on the button. It was a candid shot of the couple but it looked good enough. Jisoo still managed to be beautiful nonetheless.

 

Yes, it was a bit hard to learn from a great professional. No, Jennie hasn't found her muse. But her pictures are getting more and more of her own touch and feelings.

 

She stared at the photo one last time before she ended up deleting it. She took another one, saw how it would definitely please Lisa and Jisoo. She knew the couple would want to have another photo of them together in their album.

 

 

It has been quite hard yet it's very inspiring though.

 

 

 

She just has to find her own muse soon.

 

 

 

 

 

=  =  =  =  =

 

 

 

 

 

"Can't find a good shot?"

 

 

Jennie jumped up from her seat as Jisoo's voice shook her whole being. It was late already, too late yet the older girl seemed to take her own walks too. She wasn't sure if the latter's girlfriend was aware of it. Though it's not like Lisa have to be around her 24/7.

 

 

"Just searching for the best one."

 

"You sound like me." Jisoo invited herself to sit beside her on the warm sand. The warmth coming from another person hy her side, Jennie welcomed it. "I also just choose the best one out of my selfies because apparently I can't--"

 

"Find your angle." She finished for her.

 

"Huh. Funny that you've mentioned that. Lisa's an for bashing my selfie skills just because she's a great photographer that everyone loves, huh?"

 

 

Jennie chuckled as the latter gets very animated when talking about her girlfriend. She knew about it all too well. She could see in her varrying expressions and even through her hand gestures that were quite hard to miss.

 

 

"She did say you are extremely photogenic though."

 

"Will you stop kissing your boss' for once and take my side?"

 

"You mean my boss who is a photographer that you love so much and who's practically ready to worship you at your feet?" She raised her own camera at the level of her eye and quickly snapped a photo before Jisoo could shove her away. The latter blushing was always considered a golden. "I'm not the one kissing her , Jisoo unnie."

 

"Yah! Did you just... p-pull a dirty joke right now?!"

 

"What do you mean?" She remained oblivious to what she was pertaining to then took another picture.

 

"Stop that. Geez. Don't you have anything else to take a picture of? You're wasting your film, you know." Jisoo scolded her in what she must thought could scare people away but only had Jennie chuckling to herself. "And I don't kiss Lisa's !"

 

 

The younger finally laughed out loud with all the reprimanding she got. Jisoo and Jennie have gotten close especially these days when she tagged along, third wheeling the two for a better term, for their vacation. Lisa likes her enough to be comfortable around Jennie every single day and deemed it safer to have their very own photographer. The last time they asked someone to take a picture of them, the person ended up taking the expensive camera away too.

 

Jisoo didn't seem to mind. In fact, she welcomed Jennie with open arms. Literally. The couple is the most enjoyable company and they're so great to be around with that it'll make anyone envy them. Jennie might not know their whole story but she's sure as hell that they deserve to be together for a long time. She's rooting for them too because she had lost count how many they have made people around them share in their happiness.

 

 

Something that Jennie still wishes to find soon.

 

 

 

Jisoo eventually ended up posing for her. She joked around how she should be getting paid by both her and her girlfriend for doing them a favor. She accepted the teasing that Jennie threw at her, especially the one that flattered her the most.

 

 

"You're too beautiful. It's like you're made for being God's muse himself."

 

"How come you've never tricked anyone into becoming your subject? You're pretty good with words." Jisoo said after recovering herself from Jennie's compliment.

 

"Maybe because I'm still not good enough." She could see her eyebrows furrowing from where she was peeking through the camera. She pulled back then gave a smile that she hoped Jisoo would return so they could get on with the picture. She promised it'll be the last one she'd take of Jisoo acting like her very own and exclusive model. "Photographer, I mean. I still have a lot to learn and besides... I'm not rushing."

 

"So your way of finding is to wait around and hopefully someone passes by in your view?"

 

 

Jennie took the pi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter