Potion

One Word
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Shh shh shh! It's gonna work! It's gonna work, Chaeyoungie. Trust me!"

 

"You know I don't trust you with whatever this is and... YAH! What if you poisoned her?!"

 

 

Lisa covered her ear as the other girl shouted at her. Most of the time she wondered why she took a loud, sometimes high pitch overeacting girl as her best friend. She sighed and continued mixing in that old couldron.

 

 

"Please tell me you're not gonna give that to Jisoo sunbae." She was tapping her foot in an impatient or rather anxious way. "Because I'm not gonna siding with you in court if you kill her!"

 

"Relax. It's gonna work. I trust this great and powerful and amazing Hyun Suk-nim's word."

 

"That Yang dude who lives and gets apprentices in his dungeon?" Lisa sent her a glare. "What? It looks like a dungeon and those people he said he's teaching magic never comes out!"

 

"Master Yang's true and good to his words, Chaeng."

 

"A master of deception and manipulating. His name is Yang. That basically means bad and I don't know about you but he's just fooling people." She shook her head as Lisa continued her work. "And I can't believe you're now one of them."

 

"Hey I'm smart!"

 

"I'm telling Jennie unnie about this." She pretended to take out her phone and type a long message. Though she actually just sent a short, "Lisa's making Kim Jisoo a love potion. Sunbae won't really fall for it, right?"

 

"I swear if this love potion works I'll bury you in thigh deep snow, Chaeyoung-ah."

 

"If that doesn't work, I'll have to ask you to buy me things which will make you broke."

 

"I'm rich anyway."

 

"And I have great demands with high standards which comes awfully expensive."

 

 

Chaeyoung stuck her tongue out as she left Lisa in her business. She was laughing in the back of her mind, seeing how foolish yet cute the girl was being. At some point she wants their sunbae to fall in love with Lisa.

 

 

 

Just without those unknown herbs and weird subtances which have the potential to make someone ill and throw up as part of the equation.

 

 

 

 

 

=  =  =  =  =

 

 

 

 

 

"Jisoo sunbae!"

 

 

The brunette slowed down in walking as the taller girl sprinted towards her.

 

 

"Yah you might get in an accident if you do that." She showed her perfect white teeth that Lisa really adores. "I was going to ask why you're so hyper but then you're always like that."

 

"Eyyy... Is that a problem for you, Sunbae?" She pouted cutely which made Jisoo pinched both of her cheeks hard. "Ah ah ah! Ahhh!!"

 

"Yeah it's a big problem to me!"

 

"That hurts, sunbae!" She brushed off the latter's hands and rubbed her cheeks.

 

"Just kidding. That's one of the things I love about you anyway."

 

 

Lisa could feel her cheeks burning up with those words. She likes her senior ever since she caught sight of her. It was a sinple crush at first but the more she did that stalking-- like who wouldn't do that nowadays when you like someone, right? Ever since she learned more and more about Kim Jisoo, she also learned to love her more. Or it can also be just her tripping and falling head over heels for the older girl.

 

She could always put Kim Jisoo and love in one sentence. But actually hearing the latter put her and love in her words made Lisa all flustered already. It was probably one of the things she'll always want to hear.

 

She couldn't really confess directly to Jisoo. Confessing to a Kim Jisoo is like a Triwizard Tournament that the older brunette adores so much. Only with much more competition and difficult tasks each time. She decided to skip it all and conjure a love potion.

 

 

 

A real one.

 

 

 

Though the naive girl really believe it was real because of so-called "proofs".

 

 

"Sunbae, I bought your favorite chocolate frappe. You like this, right?" Jisoo's lightened up as she brought out the potion induced drink. "Take it."

 

"Lalisa, you're so sweet today! Yah you're not trying to poison me or something, right?" She gulped as Jisoo pointed at her face.

 

"Aniyaaaa! Why would I do that?! That's safe to drink!"

 

"Prove it." Jisoo smiled widely and offered the cup to her. "Drink up, Lalisa."

 

 

A sweat drop from her forehead.

 

 

 

'Drink up? From that?! But I put my successful love potion in it!'

 

 

 

"What are you waiting for?"

 

 

She sighed and, with trembling hands, took it from her. She forced a smile and thought of something. She was trying hard not to mumble nonsense.

 

 

 

'Fake it. Just fake it, Lalisa!'

 

 

 

She took a small sip and pretended to gulp. She didn't want to know how it'll taste like. She didn't need to know how it'll be like to love herself because she could really use less of that thing. She's contented with her so cool and awesome self, thank you very much.

 

 

"See?! There's nothing, sunbae!" She now pretended that she changed her mind into giving the frappe so it'll make Jisoo want it more. "But if you really don't want it then fine. I'll just chug this down by myself."

 

"Ahh I was just joking! Yah Lalisa!" She was reaching for the cup like a small kid because that's what the difference in their heights makes it so. "Yah!"

 

"Okay okay geez! Go crazy with that."

 

 

Lisa finally let her drink in peace with anticipating eyes. Jisoo widened her eyes after the supposedly cool and sweet flavor seeped into her buds. She scrunched her face a bit before blinking a couple of times.

 

 

"This tastes... It's like... Yah Lalisa Manoban."

 

 

Lisa was ready to accept that it failed. There was no way that's the face of someone in love. She closed her eyes tight.

 

 

"OH MY GOD! LISAAAA!" The taller girl was shocked for as soon as those words escaped Jisoo's mouth, she hugged her. "I think I love you already!!"

 

"What..?"

 

"Let's date each other!! Please please please?!"

 

"What the heck?! Jisoo sunbae--!"

 

"I suddenly want to kiss you right now!!"

 

 

She dodged Jisoo's lips as the latter came for hers. She didn't succeed and got a kiss on her cheek. And a very loud kiss mark. It was very visible as it was one of those days that Jisoo uses red lipstick.

 

 

"Jinja jinja! Saranghae!" She was already pushed on the wall and the older girl was smiling so wide, it was almost blinding to her. "From now on, you're my girlfriend. Okay?! I won't take no for an answer!"

 

 

 

'Ohhh my sweet baby Jisooooos...'

 

 

 

 

 

=  =  =  =  =

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm so tired already... Yah Lalisa! Slow down. Not everyone has legs as long as yours you know!" Jisoo stopped walking and took a deep breath. The other girl did as she said and walked backwards in a funny way. "Ahh jinja!"

 

Lisa laughed out loud and patted her in the head. "Jisoo sunbae, you're so cute."

 

"I'm so tired and hungry, I don't think hearing you call me cute could do something." She pouted and got an even better reaction from Lisa. "Seriously though. Why do you go home this late?"

 

"The kids are cute aren't they? Especially when people visit and play with them."

 

"So it's not obligatory or forced?"

 

"Yah sunbae... It's spreading good and love in the world! Why would I force myself when that's what I want to do my whole life?"

 

"You just don't seem to be that kind humanitarian I can see in the real world."

 

"Sunbae!! Do you actually hate me?!"

 

"If I hate you, I wouldn't want to be your girlfriend, babo."

 

 

Lisa grinned when she heard that but there was also that part of her conscience saying something. 'It's not like she loves you either.'  She got down in front of her and tapped her back. "I'll carry you so get on my back."

 

"Heol... Isn't this too cheesy?" She shook her head but when Lisa stared at her since it was like the old Jisoo talking and teasing her, the latter jumped onto her back immediately.  She didn't have a chance to check twice. 'Maybe just an another effect of the potion.' she thought to herself. "But I guess you love me that much so... Bear with my weight, Lisaaa!"

 

"You're too light anyway." People were staring at them like those in tv dramas but they didn't care. Jisoo only wrapped her arms around the younger girl while the latter carefully walked with her arms supporting her. "Now they're

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter