Melody

One Word
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I typed almost in a furious way as I can't wait to go home. It's been a tiring day and all I want to do is to sleep even if it was on my couch. Maybe eat a bit too. That helps. I didn't eat breakfast. I think I'm living off by my dinners nowadays.

 

The elevator was so packed earlier. I didn't get my right cup of coffee. I was scolded by my superiors for giving them a miscalculation for the expenses on our recent project. I also just took a few bites for my lunch.

 

 

In short... I had a very ty day.

 

 

Once I got home, I staggered my body to the couch. Not even caring if I took off my shoes or what. I closed my eyes and let my drained body finally have its rest.

 

 

 

 

 

=  =  =  =  =

 

 

 

 

 

"Jisoo... Jisoo. Jisoo!" I felt someone waking me up. I groaned as I slowly sat up and was welcomed by the sight of the apple of my eyes.

 

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be at home practicing your guitar?" She must have taken off my shoes as usual and I just melt for the caring act.

 

"You haven't eaten yet. Come on, I cooked some tuna pesto pasta."

 

I immediately smiled once I heard the last word. "Pasta. Pasta. Pasta."

 

"Ahh jinja." She shook her head as she followed me to the table. "That's not my name!"

 

 

I drowned myself into the food served warmly on my plate. She grabbed the napkin and wiped the sauce on my lips. She clicked her tongue and furrowed her eyebrows.

 

 

"Eat slowly."

 

"Yesss!" I heard her giggling at me. I love it. This is one of the sounds I love coming from her.

 

 

Once she was ensured that I was fed well, she let me lay down on the couch again. She took her guitar and started tuning it.

 

 

"Chaeyoung-ah!"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Play something for me."

 

"Why should I do that for you?" She started the soft strumming of the guitar.

 

"Because I'm your girlfriend!"

 

"Is that so?" She looked at me and I pouted. She giggled again and began plucking this time. "I'll run something by you. But you have to stay quiet. You can fall asleep too."

 

"I don't fall asleep."

 

"Yeah right."

 

 

I was about to retort but then that sad melody started. It was the first song she composed and it's the one that I really love so much.

 

I felt so comfortable with it. It took the pain away. I closed my eyes as I felt sleep taking me in again.
 

 

 

 

 

I woke up the next day still feeling worn out and hungry. I charged my phone but I have no idea as to why I drained the battery. I looked around the room and it was the same as I had entered it.

 

 

 

Empty.

 

 

 

I started to walk towards my room and saw my shoes still intact. I ignored it and prepared for another hell at work. I had my energy back because of her after all.

 

 

 

 

 

=  =  =  =  =

 

 

 

 

 

"That song... Chaeyoung really loves singing that." I pointed to the speaker playing a melody that Chaeyoung always sings along to. Jennie frowned at me but Lisa nudged her. "Why? Is something wrong?"

 

"No. Nothing, unnie." Lisa said with a tight smile so I brushed off whatever it was.

 

"It's weird. We're not seeing her together again." I drank my chocolate frappe.

 

"It's even weirder if we see her again." Jennie mumbled and I frowned at her.

 

"What do you mean by that, Jendeukie?"

 

 

She sighed and stood up. Lisa was pulling her back down but she didn't budge. She had teary eyes when she stared at me.

 

 

"We're not gonna see her again, Jisoo! Stop it already!" She left us once more. Just like every time Chaeyoung is our topic.

 

"What's wrong with her? She's acting jealous again. Ahh... jinja." I joked about.

 

Lisa looked back at me. She's not laughing at my joke though. "Unnie, about Chaeyoungie--"

 

"What about her? Did she text you that she's coming?!" I asked excitedly.

 

She stared sadly at me and said in a dejected tone, "She's not coming anymore, unnie."

 

"Pfft! Why the long face? It's not like she disappeared on the face

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter