Bicycle

One Word
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sit on the chair and hold her hand. Her handsome face that used to light me up every time seems like it's loosing its colors day by day. I feel tears on the brim of my eyes.

 

 

"You know that I'm a crybaby and you're making me cry. I'm angry at you, Lisa."

 

 

Still no response. Just like every other day. Just like the past 2 years have been.

 

Maybe it's because we love tv drama too much that fate decided to pull the strings. Getting her into an accident when we were about to meet up after school on a normal day. It's a wretched thing to happen on an innocent and good person.

 

It's such a cliché.

 

 

 

 

 

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

 

 

 

"Chaeyoungieee! My heart hurts! The guy got into an accident."

 

"They did it to make it interesting."

 

"Yah! Don't you pity them? I feel sad for the girl. What if her boyfriend dies?"

 

I giggled at her. "Don't be dramatic, Lisa. These things always have happy endings."

 

 

 

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

 

 

 

 

 

Out of all the cliché things in the world, can't life just settle with the happier ones? Why? Why does it has to take her away from me?

 

 

 

 

 

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

 

 

 

"Chaeyoungieee! Let's go home! It's late already."

 

"Just one more round, Lisa!"

 

"You've been cycling since earlier! You said to hang out but I just sat here all day."

 

"It's not my fault that you can't ride a bike." I parked my bike in front of her only to see her pouting. "Come on, I'll teach you again."

 

 

My girlfriend sighed and got herself onto her bike. She still doesn't know how to ride it but she bought one. It's for when we can ride and cycle together since it's my hobby. During my last birthday, I wished that we can have a bicycle date and though she was nervous at the thought of it... She said she'll make it come true.

 

 

"It's a risk to ride a bicycle, you know."

 

"Okay okay... Just look straight ahead and balance yourself."

 

 

She was whimpering a bit and swaying side to side too much. I was still helping her and walking by her side. I decided to let her go and it was a wrong move because she started to panic.

 

 

"Ahh... Ehhh... Ahh! AH! CHAEYOUNGIEEE!"

 

 

 

 

 

=  =  =  =  =

 

 

 

 

 

"How's your knee?"

 

"It's all healed up!" She smiled like a kid and I pinched her cheeks.

 

"Do you want go biking again?" Lisa immediately shook her head numerous times and it was totally cute. "Just because you fell that one time doesn't mean you can't try anymore."

 

"Yah! Park Chaeyoung! Don't you even pity your girlfriend?"

 

I gave her my puppy eyes and pout. "But Lisa oppa said that she'll do it for me."

 

 

She gave in to my aegyo.

 

 

"You're lucky I love you."

 

"I know I am."

 

Lisa threw her arm on my shoulders. "But can we take a rain check for cycling this Saturday?"

 

"When do you want it then?"

 

"I don't know." She tilted her head then smiled dorkily. "Next year?"

 

"No."

 

 

 

 

 

=  =  =  =  =

 

 

 

 

 

"Okay, Hazel Grace?"

"Okay."

 

 

 

"Lisa! Let's have something like that too." She took a tissue and wiped my teary face after finishing the movie.

 

"Have what?"

 

"Words between us that means I love you instead of saying those exact words."

 

"Well what do you have in mind, you crybaby?"

 

 

I thought for a while but nothing came to me.

 

 

"I can't think of anything."

 

"Let's just do it next time then. Okay?"

 

"Okay."

 

"Please let's not have 'okay'. I don't want that." She told me as we both left our shared dorm.

 

"Okay."

 

"Ahhh jinja." I giggled and took my bike out. "I thought we're going there by walking?"

 

"I wanna ride my bike. It's for exercise too, you know."

 

"I'm not riding mine though."

 

"Scared?" I as I walked back. "Just ride behind me. We'll get there safely." She had these cute frown on her face. I leaned in and peck her on the lips. "Come on, Lalisa, we don't have forever."

 

 

She sighed and hopped in behind me after I did so.

 

 

"I fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter