✎ Chapter 8: Something ✎

Love Me Not || 엑소 세훈
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Bzzt

*Bzzt

You groaned as you heard your phone vibrate for the 10th time today.

"Please not now." You mumbled to yourself as you saw Jaebum's name on the caller's name. 

You're currently working on your 14th chapter, it's a long way to go. That's why you don't need more distractions at the moment.

"Yeobeoseyo?" You answered with a sigh, leaning your back on the chair.

"Thank god you answered this time."

"I'm sorry but right now is not a good time for chatting—"

"When is a good time then? You've always kept me waiting before until now."

You scoffed as you tried not minding the familiar warmth in your chest.

"Maybe next week or next month. I'm currently working for my new book—"

"Next week then. I'll pick you up at Friday, 5 o'clock."

Look at him, deciding everything by himself now. I can say the same to myself though.

"Fine. Just don't bother me this week."

"Thank you, (y/n). I..."

"Bye—"

"I miss you."

Before you can react to his words, you pressed end call and stared at your phone. 

You bit your lower lip as you felt your eyes welling up with big ugly tears. You wiped your tears with your other hand that's not occupied by your phone and breathed heavily.

You tried not to free the loud cries threatening to come out from your throat. You tried not to sob loudly or else you'll make everyone worry. You tried keeping everything to yourself even if it hurts.

You gritted your teeth as you leaned your head on your desk, hiding your tear-stained face. 

"I-I miss you too, Jae." You whispered as you closed your eyes, feeling your fast heartbeats on your pulse. 

He has the right to know everything.

"Goodmorning." You said as you got down the stairs. Your mother was cooking breakfast while your father was drinking his coffee. You went to the fridge and took out a carton of milk.

"Are you alright, darling? You look—"

"I'm fine, mom. I just lack sleep and—"

"I know you are a writer but you shouldn't forget how your health matters more than creating books." Your father sternly spoke as he flipped the page of the newspaper. You saw your mother glance at him as if stopping him with her glare.

"I'm not forgetting that I'm still alive, dad. I know what I'm doing. I'm an adult after all." You said as you put milk on your glass. 

"Why were you running yesterday then? Isn't running around a child's entertainment?"

You felt your mouth twitch in annoyance as your father continued mocking you. 

"Is it that bad to run, dad? What if I was being chased after by a dog or something? I should just walk then and let myself get killed earlier if it bit me?"

"Honey, stop it." Your mother touched your shoulder, trying to calm you. You sighed as you put the glass down.

"But that wasn't the case yesterday, right?" Your father stood up, taking his coat on the chair before getting his car keys. "Stop making your life shorter, (y/n)."

When the front door closed, you felt your mother's arms wrapped around you. You slightly smiled bitterly as she caressed your hair comfortingly.

"Your father's just stressed from work and too worried for your health, honey. You know how hard it is for him to know that his eldest daughter got sick and he, a doctor, can't do any—"

"Please don't say that." You mumbled as you held her arm. "You know how I hate to hear that."

Ga-in looked at your face, turning you around. Her eyes are filled with sympathy, love, worry and fear.

"I don't want anyone to feel bad because they can't do anything about my condition. I don't want you to worry too much." You said as you stared into her eyes. "I'm your eldest daughter but I haven't gave you the things you deserve for taking care of me until now..."

"I'm sorry if I can't do it anymore."

You felt the worst as you saw how your mother shed her tears in front of you, engulfing you into her warm arms, never wanting to let go.

This woman was the one who gave birth to you, letting you out to this beautiful but cruel world. 

She's still breathtakingly gorgeous.

It hurts to know that you'll never see her get older than this.

"Don't say that!" Your mother suddenly pulled away, wiping her tears as if they were never there. "W-We'll make it in time! We can still do something about it! J-Just don't lose hope..." You smiled as your mother caressed your cheeks. "...right?"

I hope I can say the same.

 

✗ ❥ ✗ ❥ ✗ ❥ ✗ ❥ ✗

 

"Is Dasom with you two?" You asked as your sister and her two friends cam into your room.

"No, unnie. She has work at 6 but I don't know why she doesn' want to go here." Bora answered as they sat on your bed. Soyu was chatting with Chanhee about the new drama with a good-looking leading man.

"Is that so?" You mumbled as you turned to your laptop again. 

She must be mad at me.

"Did something happen, unnie?" You heard her ask. You turned to her and saw that the other two stopped talking to listen.

"N-No. Nothing happened."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter