✎ Chapter 6: Our Secret ✎

Love Me Not || 엑소 세훈
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're telling me that a 19 year-old boy went past the third base and you, who's a 25 year-old woman haven't done anything yet but a peck on the lips with your past boyfriend?"

You threw a pillow at your best friend as she laughed her off on the floor. You frowned as you turned back to your laptop. 

"You're getting out of the topic, Dasom! I thought you're my best friend?!" You groaned as you got a writer's block again. "."

"How does he look when he's though? Did you see it?"

"What the hell. He looks the same, just without clothes on. And I did not see it!" You huffed as your cheeks flushed in embarrassment. "Why are we even talking about this?!"

"Then let's about something else." Dasom said as she laid on the floor like its the same as the bed. "Why didn't you call me when you fainted yesterday? I was worried!"

"How can I contact you when I've fainted then?"

"Of course after that, you dumbo! You woke up and you didn't even tell me what happened. Chanhee was the one who told me everything." Dasom crossed her arms as she sat up straight on the floor.

"I know you're busy with work too, so I don't want to bother you with the unfortunate events of my life."

"But as you've said earlier, I'm your best friend." 

"And I'm your best friend too, so it's normal that I wouldn't want you to worry about me. I know how you'll react when I tell you that I simply fainted on the rooftop. You'll probably fret over about it for the whole month."

"You just simply fainted?! On the ing rooftop?! Are you serious?! What if you fainted on the railings and end up falling down from the 45-story building?! I wouldn't even recognize you after!"

"Okay, okay. You win. I'll tell you everything from now on, mom." 

"Good!"

You just hummed in response as you tried thinking again. 

You're in the middle of your last chapter for the week. 10 chapters more and you're gonna be done. Your book consists of 25 chapters, pages will probably exceed 300. 

You looked at the calendar and saw that it's Saturday already, December 9.

"I've got to finish this today." You mumbled as Dasom watched you from the floor.

"You're really working hard as if you're okay. As if you're not—"

"I'm not sick. I'm okay, Dasom." You snapped as you turned your head to her. "All of you already treat me like I'm already disabled or something. I can still work hard if I want to. Please understand that I'm doing this for the sake of my family."

"I know. You're the eldest child after all."

Your eyes slightly widened as your best friend hit the jackpot. 

"I know the burden of being the eldest too, you know. I know the expectations that kill you every time you do your work. I know the pain that maybe you're feeling right now." Dasom said as she fiddled with her fingers. "I'm not saying that we're the same but..."

"I know the feeling of being a burden too."

You stayed silent as you tried ignoring the stinging in your chest. 

"Yes, you're right. I feel like I'm a burden to this family, so I wanted to do every thing that I can before my time is up."

It was usual that you speak directly and straight-forwardly but Dasom was still taken aback by your words.

"If you know how it being a burden is, you should be the one who understand me the most." You said as you typed on your keyboard, finally regaining your senses.

You just heard the door shut, making your eyes close.

I've probably said too much, didn't I?

You brought your fist on top of your beating heart. 

Why must you be sick?

You leaned your back on the chair as you looked up at your ceiling. The white color of it calms your nerves, you don't know why. Maybe because it's vibrant and spotless.

"Argh. I need to—"

*tok

*tok

When you heard something collide your window, you thought it was a rock from your neighbor again. You ignored it and closed your eyes as if pretending to be asleep even thought it's too late since he sees you from the window. 

I should've brought down the blinds earlier.

When you thought he finally stopped bothering you, you slowly opened your eyes—

*tok

You snapped your head at your window and gasped.

"What the hell!"

Sehun was pointing at your window as he sat on his own while mouthing 'open it' at you.

"Why would I?" You spoke as if he can hear you from inside. Sehun frowned as he reached for your window. You grabbed the lock and held it. You stuck out a tongue and turned back to your work.

"Such a distract—"

*tok

"—ion."

You grunted as you heard him shouting outside.

"NOONA! OPEN YOUR WINDOW~"

He was making so muck noise that you heard your mom outside your door asking 'who was that' to your brother. You quickly stood up and opened your window. Sehun grinned as you did.

"What?" You looked at his swaying feet. "That's dangerous, Sehun. Go back inside your room and be a good kid."

"I'll be a good boy if you let me in your room, noona."

"Why would I let a ert inside my room?" You crossed your arms as you glared at him.

"One, beca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter