✎ Chapter 21: Promise ✎

Love Me Not || 엑소 세훈
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why are you still up so late?"

You opened your window and asked him. Sehun leaned his chin on his palm and shamelessly gazed at you, making you a little bit flustered. Just a few seconds ago, you realized that you feel the same for this young man but you know this won't work.

"I just can't stop thinking of you, noona."

You slightly gulped at his sweet words, thinking that shouldn't you be used to his tactics now.

Why is it making me blush all of a sudden?

You almost face-palmed yourself literally for asking that to yourself when the answer is clear and you know it.

"Uhm. That's not good. You should sleep now, it's 12:36—"

"Why are you still up then, noona?" Sehun asked as he stared into your eyes, unconsciously melting you on the spot. You chewed your lower lip in perturbation, thinking of an excuse.

I can just say that I was working—

"Your laptop's off, meaning you weren't working late this time." Sehun's eyes were on your laptop that's just beside you, completely closed and unused.

Your shoulders slumped in defeat as Sehun read what was in your mind.

Is he a mindreader?!

"Were you thinking about me too much that you couldn't sleep, noona?"

"I-I wasn't!" You almost shrieked, making Sehun grin as if he caught you. "I-I was just thinking of random things, yeah."

"Like what?"

"You don't need to know that, little boy. Let's talk about you then. Why weren't you visiting Chanyeol these days?"

"Were you worried, noona?" Sehun bit his lower lip as he stared expectantly at you. You can feel yourself melting already.

"I-I wasn't! Maybe you were just studying or playing around that's why you didn't get to visit." You almost cursed at yourself for sounding so much like a girlfriend that has been left by her lover for a week.

"I wasn't playing around, noona. I study all the time while thinking of you, that's it." And here he is, the boyfriend who patiently explains why.

You shook your head with your unbelievable thoughts.

Why were you even thinking of him as a boyfriend?!

"Okay, I'll go to sleep now." You were about to close the window, thinking that you won't even blink an eye later now that you saw him and with the words he said.

"Noona, wait."

Your eyes widen as Sehun leaned both of his arms on his window's frame and got closer to yours. You quickly opened your window that was half-closed and pushed his shoulders back on his room.

"Yah! That was dangerous! If you got off balance, you would have—"

"I love you."

Your lips parted as he spoke in a low voice, his eyes boring his eyes into yours. You can see how his brown orbs glimmer under the moonlight, how his lips part as he stared at yours, how his long eyelashes flap as it slightly touches the under of his eyes.

The sky was dark, everything was except the lamps that illuminated your room and his. Even though the light wasn't that bright, you can see his handsome face as it comes closer to yours.

"Did you hear that, noona?" Sehun grabbed your hands on his shoulders and brought them up to his cheeks, nuzzling on them.

"Sehun loves you."

You felt your eyes water as you heard his pleading voice. You just want to say it back but your mind was preventing you to.

You're just gonna make this young gentleman cry when the time comes.

You just smiled at him and gently caressed his cheeks, gaining a beautiful smile from the young man.

"I know and I'm grateful for you, Sehun-ah." You said before slowly pulling your hands away from his hold. Sehun slightly frowned as your warmth escaped his grasp. "But you can't let your feelings go deeper than this. I can't—"

"It's already at the deepest pit of everything, noona. I can't dig them back up." Sehun curled his lips into a smile but a hint of sadness shadows it. Being an observant person, you saw through it and knew he was crestfallen.

It broke your already broken heart.

"I'm sorry, Sehun. You just made a mistake that you'll probably regret later." You mumbled as you slowly closed your window and brought down your blinds but Sehun stayed still and stared at you behind those. You stood in front of the window and saw that he didn't move nor did he get back in. Your heart clenched agonizingly as you walked away from the window and back to your bed.

"If you knew about my condition, you'll just get hurt more than this." You whispered, closing your eyes as you laid on the bed.

Sehun blinked away his tears as he closed his window. He leaned his forehead on it, his breath fogging up the glass as his hands rest on the frame.

"Loving you is not a mistake that I'll regret for the rest of my life, noona." Sehun wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter