✎ Chapter 11: Keep Yours and I'll Keep Mine ✎

Love Me Not || 엑소 세훈
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"He didn't come home last night."

Your voice sounded worried, a little bit angry and confused. You stared at your laptop as your mind turned blank at the moment.

"Noona, I'll just ask him later at school if he shows up. Don't worry too much." Sehun scratched the back of his neck as he watched how dead you look right now. He continued buttoning his shirt before preparing his bag. Your window was opened as well as his, making you hear him clearer.

Last night ended unexpectedly. You couldn't believe your younger brother went in that hotel with someone.

Is that the thing he's hiding from you?

"What the hell was he doing in a hotel with a woman, probably years older than him?!" You asked frustratedly as you leaned your back on the chair. Your eyes drifting to your neighbor next window. Sehun was combing his hair with his fingers as he put his phone in his pocket and looked back at you. "Oh. You're going to school already?"

"Yes. But I can handle being late for you, noona—"

"Get going then! Just keep an eye on Chanyeol for me." You waved him off before closing your window. Sehun waved back with a grin as he nodded, slinging the strap of his backpack on his broad shoulder. When he got out of his room, you stare back at your laptop.

"Yeol, what is wrong with you?" You mumbled as you tried getting back to work.

"Hey, girls. Is Dasom with you?"

It was already 12 noon but you've just finished Chapter 19 instead of working for Chapter 20 today as scheduled. You looked behind Bora, Soyu and Chanhee but the one you're looking for still is not around. You sighed.

"I'm sorry, unnie but Dasom unnie is not with us. She's at home." Bora scratched the back of her head. "If something's wrong with the two of you, please figure it out and make up."

You nodded in agreement as you shut down your laptop before standing up.

"Unnie, where are you going?" Chanhee asked as her friends go back to her room. You grabbed your coat before slipping into your sneakers.

"Making up with my best friend."

Chanhee smiled as you walked past her, ruffling her hair in the process.

"Lock the doors and the gate, okay? I'll be back before 3." You reminded her as you walked down the stairs.

"Okay then. Be quick though, dad will be back before 6!"

You nodded before going out of the house.

You walked on the streets with your hands in the pockets of your jacket, feeling cold with the weather.

It's winter already.

You looked up at the bright blue sky as you walked. The sun was slightly peeking through the clouds, its rays going everywhere. A lot of students were walking back home while some are workers, who are just about to get to work. The streets were busy as usual, making you smile.

You enjoyed watching people in their daily lives. Maybe some will think it's weird and creepy but you like it, so they should mind their own business. It must be one of your writer traits.

Observing people and such.

Dasom's house isn't that far from yours that you'll have to ride a bus. They live just a few streets away from yours.

As you got in front of their house, you rang the door bell. White clouds formed as you breathed out from your mouth. Your feet tapped on the ground as you wait for your friend.

After a few seconds, the door opened.

"(Y/n)?"

You slightly smiled as you slowly waved at her. Dasom quickly got out and opened the gate for you. She pulled you in and closed the gate.

"It's cold out there! Why are you here?"

She dragged you inside the house and closed the door, preventing the cold air to enter. Dasom ran to the kitchen, fumbling around the drawers as she took out a cup. You slowly made yourself home as you sat on the couch, looking around as if you haven't gone here before.

"What did you come here for? Didn't you know it's cold and it's freaking winter?! You're even wearing leggings!" You heard Dasom's motherly voice as she made hot chocolate for you. You chuckled as you watched her.

"I know it's winter, that's why I wore my coat—"

"And is that enough to protect you from this cold weather?!"

You bit your lower lip as you got scolded by your mother Dasom.

"Sorry, mom!"

"You should be!"

You frowned as she walked back to you, putting cup down and sat across you. Dasom gestured the cup and crossed her arms as you obeyed her silent command. You took a sip of the chocolate and flinched. You slowly put it down again and stuck a tongue out at her.

"You still at this." You mumbled as you fanned your tongue as if the sweet taste will go away. "It's too sweet!"

"How dare you! I made that for you! You should be thankful!" Dasom huffed but a smile crept on her lips. You smiled at her. Silence grabbed the moment and you stayed still.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry."

Your eyes widened as you two spoke at the same time. Dasom blinked her eyes before grinning at you.

"Apology accepted."

"That easy?!" You shrieked as she tackled you in a hug. She hugged you tight like a teddy bear, making you roll on the couch.

"Yes, that easy. You're my best friend and I missed you so much." Dasom mumbled on your neck as she sniffed. "I was lonely without you."

Your eyes burned as you felt her tears on your shoulder. You rubbed her back as you tried smiling and refrain from crying.

"I-I'm sorry, Dasom. I know I've said too much—"

"No! It's me who should apologize. You were right. I just said that you're my best friend and I should be the one who can understand you the most since I'm the oldest too. Knowing about your situation, I didn't think of how you felt and just said what I thought."

"But you're right too." You mumbled as you pulled her away, looking into her eyes. "You're just worried about me and I snapped at you. You know how I feel about being a burden but I just probably thought about myself. I'm sorry."

"Let's not fight ever again?" Dasom said as she brought her pinky up to you. You grinned as you wrapped your pinky finger around hers.

"This will be our last fight ever."

Yes, it will be the last fight.

 

✗ ❥ ✗ ❥ ✗ ❥ ✗ ❥ ✗

 

Dasom offered to walk you back home but you declined, saying that she should guard their house instead. You can manage walking alone anyway, you're not a kid anymore. She said okay but made you wear one of her warm jogging pan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter