✎ Chapter 12: A Painful Kiss ✎

Love Me Not || 엑소 세훈
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Honey! Jaebum's here!"

Your eyes widened as you suddenly remembered what day today is.

"Oh . It's Friday!" You squealed in panic as you grabbed your coat again and slipped into your sneakers. You actually just got home from Sehun's house after treating his injuries.

You totally forgot that you're gonna meet your ex today.

"Unnie?"

"Yeah! I'm coming!" You grunted as you put the little box inside your sling bag. You put your phone and wallet in too. You quickly opened the door and saw Chanhee blinking at you in surprise.

"Your hair looks like a nest, unnie."

"I know. Thanks." You said as you pulled your hair tie off and let your hair down. You combed it with your fingers as you got down the stairs.

Your mom suddenly walked towards you with a confused face.

"I thought you broke up already?" She whispered as she glanced at the guy in your living room. You followed her gaze and sighed.

"We did. We're just talking not dating this time, mom. I'll be back before 8. Please tell dad. This is really important." You said as you kissed her cheek before walking towards Jaebum, who's sitting on the couch.

"Okay."

"Hi." You said as you got to him. He quickly stood up and nodded at you.

He's no smiling like the usual.

Of course he wouldn't! Who would?!

"Let's go." Jaebum said in a low voice as he opened your door.

You got inside his car, you felt a wave of nostalgia hitting you as you sat on the passenger's seat.

"Are you tired?" Jaebum suddenly asked, making you turn to him in surprise.

"Uhm, no. I'm not." You looked away, your fingers were moving like you're getting electrocuted. Jaebum glanced at you before setting his eyes on the road again.

"You forgot about today."

You suppressed the gasp that was about to get out of your mouth and just bit your lips together.

"W-Why would you say that?" You managed to ask, fighting the wavering of your strong voice. Jaebum chuckled, no humor in his tone.

"You should've looked so much presentable if you're going out with a guy, (y/n). Especially with me." Jaebum bitterly smiled. "But I guess I'm just not that worthy of dressing up for."

"Jaebum—"

"Kidding." Jaebum smiled at you.

You know it was true.

You have always dressed up for him before. But now, you even forgot that you're meeting with him.

"I-I'm sorry." You mumbled as you looked down on your lap.

"Please don't. Let's talk later."

The minutes of ride seemed like days of deafening silence. You stopped in front of an Italian restaurant, you stared as you read the familiar name.

"It was our favorite—"

"I'm hungry. Let's eat?" You got out of the car and closed it, walking ahead of Jaebum.

He's totally going in to your memory lane.

"The usual?" Jaebum asked as he glanced at the menu.

"I would like to have the meatball spaghetti and blue lemonade." You quickly ordered for yourself, startling Jaebum. He looked up from the menu and looked at you but you just looked at the waiter beside your table.

You didn't order the usual, what you and Jaebum often order before.

You two were one of the frequent customers in this famous Italian restaurant, making you known by the employees here.

But today's different.

"Sir Jaebum? What's your order?"

Jaebum stared at you for a moment before ordering.

"I'll have the usual, please."

You waited for the orders and just kept quiet when Jaebum spoke.

"You can start explaining now, (y/n)."

That was sudden but you've already expected it. You were about to open your mouth when thoughts flocked your mind.

If I tell him the truth, he might continue seeing me. I know how understanding and kind-hearted Jaebum is. He will probably accept my condition and continue loving me. I'll just break him forever. I can't do that to him.

You don't want to be selfish.

"Why did I break up with you?" You mumbled as you felt your chest tighten like it's being held harshly. "I just..."

You stared into his eyes. His eyes are beautiful as always. They're sparkling and full of sincerity.

Your heart was breaking as you spoke.

"I just fell out of love, Jaebum."

You smiled as you gripped on the hem of your coat. Your heart was pounding on your chest, you fought the urge to flinch in pain. Your heart broke more as you saw tears falling out from his eyes.

"F-Fell out of love?" He stuttered as he looked down on his plate. "Why?" He whispered as he bit his lip.

"You're perfect, Jaebum. You didn't do anything wrong. It was all on me, okay?" You said as you clenched your hands on your sides. "I'm the one at fault, so please don't ever think that I fell out of love because of you. Please just..." You slightly sniffed, your nose turning red not from the cold but from preventing yourself from crying.

"Just forget me."

"How the hell can I forget you, (y/n)?!" Jaebum cried out as he breathed out in disbelief. You glanced around and saw that other customers turned their heads towards you two. "I love you, you know that! It's not that easy!"

"Jaebum, please calm down. Let's talk peacefully, okay?"

Jaebum looked at your hopeful eyes and sighed. He calmed himself down just by looking at you. 

He's still the same.

He's still the Jaebum who's deeply in love with you.

You told him to talk after eating and go to somewhere quiet, where no one will judge whate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter