✎ Chapter 16: Before I Leave ✎

Love Me Not || 엑소 세훈
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Who the hell is Kookie?"

Chanyeol plopped on his bed with a book, planning to study his off because you said so. Sehun kept on questioning him who was the guy you talked to last night.

"I told you it was her childhood friend!" Chanyeol exclaimed as he flipped the pages of his book, still grumpy about how you told him to study until the weekend.

"Just her childhood friend?" Sehun mumbled as he sat next to his best friend, taking out his phone to play games since Chanyeol's being a good brother.

Chanyeol stopped reading for a moment as he sensed something from his best friend's voice. Was it jealousy or something? He's getting curious and nervous at the same time.

It's not impossible to fall for you after all.

You're hardworking, pretty, mature, intelligent, a good sister and daughter, kind and everything nice. Anyone can fall for Chanyeol's noona.

"Bro, tell me honestly." He started, leaning his back on the headboard as Sehun turned to him. "Do you like my noona?"

Sehun's eyes widened as if he was caught stealing Chanyeol's gummy bears. He sat up straight as Chanyeol squinted his eyes on him.

"D-Dude, what the hell." Sehun mumbled as he looked away. Chanyeol sighed in relief, closing his eyes as his heart beats faster.

"Whoo. I thought you like her." Chanyeol mumbled as he got back in reading their upcoming lessons. "I'm not just worried for her, man. I'm worried for every guy who will like her or even love her."

Sehun didn't bring his phone down as Chanyeol spoke, just staring at the screen with a blank face.

"Why though?" He asked, pretending to be typing things on his phone. Chanyeol breathed out a sigh before explaining.

"Well, noona's leaving anyway. They still won't last forever."

It was true but Sehun didn't like it.

"You know, I've been such an overprotective younger brother to her and Chanhee. Every guy who tried to court her before when we were still in elementary, I always stood in front of noona and threatened the guy." Chanyeol chuckled as he remembered your embarrassed face those days.

"I figured you were. You're still overprotective though." Sehun commented, smiling as Chanyeol grinned to himself proudly.

"I continued being her bodyguard until Jaebum hyung came along and stole her heart, successfully beating the wall that I've made around noona." Chanyeol huffed as he played with the pages of his book.

"Jaebum? Her ex?" Sehun curiously asked as he can't help but to put down his phone and listen eagerly.

"Yep. They actually broke up almost 4 months ago."

"I-Is it because of her sickness?" Sehun hesitated asking but did it anyway. Chanyeol sadly nodded, his eyes focused on his book.

"He was a good guy though. I was finally glad someone would really take care of noona for me. Someone who would protect her whatever happens but..." Chanyeol shook his head before turning to his best friend. "...nothing could ever work for them if noona's gonna leave soon."

Sehun's heart shattered as he thought of you disappearing and leaving all of them with tears in their eyes. His heart ached as he imagined your eyes closing and never opening ever again.

He couldn't take it.

"Sehun?"

Sehun blinked as Chanyeol looked at him worriedly.

"Were you that moved by their love story?" Chanyeol tried joking as he saw his friend's tearful eye but Sehun just stared at him. "You're gonna cry."

As the words slipped from Chanyeol's mouth, the tears that unconsciously welled up in Sehun's eyes fell on his cheeks.

"." Sehun cursed as he wiped his cheeks. He was startled that he didn't even realize he was tearing up.

"Are you sure you don't like noona?"

Sehun stopped moving for a while as Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows at him. He shook his head and curved his lips into a forced smile.

"I don't like your noona, Yeol."

"Good 'cause I don't want you hurting too, bro. It'll be painful. Jaebum hyung's lucky that noona broke up with him before he even knows about it. He'll probably be scarred forever if ever she didn't." Chanyeol reached for his pen on his bedside table and started scribbling on his book.

"Noona's a good person." Sehun blurted out as he stared at the clock, painfully watching how the time quickly passed by.

"Yeah, she is." Chanyeol sadly smiled as he continued writing notes.

"So..." Sehun started, slightly nibbling on his lower lip. "...this childhood friend, Jungk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter