✎ Chapter 15: Pernicious ✎

Love Me Not || 엑소 세훈
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"NOONA! GET UP!"

You groaned as you trie snatching back your blanket from the culprit but to no avail, he threw it away from your reach. You sat up begrudgingly with a frown as you looked up at him.

"Chanyeol, what—"

"IT'S CHRISTMAS!" Chanyeol exclaimed as he pinched both of your cheeks, jumping like a kid. Your eyes widened as you remembered. It's just been a day after you got home. You totally forgot it's Christmas. "And it's snowing!"

"AH!"

With the loud cry from the window, the both of you turned to the source of the noise. Sehun got inside your room with snow on top of his raven hair, ruffling them off as he got in. Chanyeol just watched in surprise while you face-palmed yourself.

"What the —"

"What's up, Yeol." Sehun cooly greeted his best friend as if he wasn't caught getting in your room. When he glanced at you and saw how you were glaring at him, he stood up straight and gulped. "Oh ."

"Yes, Sehun. Oh ! What the heck are you doing here?!" Chanyeol started freaking out as he walked towards Sehun with heavy steps. "Why are you creeping up into her room like that?! Are you a thief?! Yah! Look at me!"

You almost laughed out loud as you saw Sehun looking around your room as if it was his first time coming in here. Chanyeol kept on shouting at his best friend like he's a panicked mother hen even though he can see that his words are just gonna come out of Sehun's ears once it came in.

"Noona, why are you letting him?!" Chanyeol turned to you with wide eyes.

"Yah, yah. Noona doesn't have anything to do with this. I just like using her window. I forced her, okay?" Sehun said as he tapped Chanyeol's chest, shaking his head.

"Who forced who?" You questioned as you stood up and slightly stretched your arms. "I let him use my window when you two had projects before. Sehun's your best friend if you forgot." You chuckled as you walked towards your desk, making them move away as you opened your laptop.

"Okay then. I'll let you off the hook for now." Chanyeol squinted his eyes at Sehun but the other just shrugged his shoulders with a smirk. "Noona, he's smirking!"

"Let him be, Yeol. What the hell are you freaking out for?" You mumbled as you wore your glasses and looked at the calendar.

December 25

"3 months left." You whispered as you glanced at your laptop which just opened, revealing—

"SONG JOONGKI IS YOUR DESKTOP WALLPAPER?!"

"Yah, back off, man." Chanyeol pushed Sehun away as he got too close to you. Sehun frowned as he continued staring at the man on your laptop.

"A girl can dream, Sehun." You said as you laughed.

"You're working so early in the morning?! And it's Christmas, noona! Can you just have a day off?" Chanyeol said as he quickly sat on your swivel chair as if it can stop you from working.

"I'm just gonna brush my teeth and I'll start working." You turned your back on the two boys and opened your door. "I'll be done with that story anyway. I can rest as long as I want after."

With that, the door was left open and the bathroom door closed as you got in. Sehun and Chanyeol were left in your room with slight pouts on their mouths.

"She's really working in a holiday?" Sehun mumbled as he leaned his on your desk.

"I can't stop her from doing so. She's been working hard for this, I don't wanna ruin it." Chanyeol sighed as he leaned his back on the chair. "I just hope she's getting enough sleep."

"Oh, right. Mom and dad are coming back in a week from their business trip." Sehun said as he glanced at his own window. "I thought they're not coming back anymore."

"Yah, what kind of parents will they be if they leave their son in their new house forever?" Chanyeol slightly hit Sehun's arm with a frown, causing the other to smile. "They're doing it for you, bro. You know that."

"Yeah."

"Stop playing around, you two!" You squealed as the two 19 year old boys threw icing on each other's face. Your mother just giggled at the sight of them.

"Unnie, it'll be better if you just ignore those dorks and— YAH!" Chanhee tried calming you down but ended up joining the icing war when Chanyeol wiped a large amount of icing on . "YODA!"

"Who are you calling Yoda, little one?" Chanyeol teased as Chanhee ran after him. Sehun just stopped walking and moved beside you. You continued preparing for the cake when Sehun called you.

"Noona."

"Yes—"

Sadly, when you turned to him, your cheek was smudged with icing.

Sehun's grin was blinding and it annoyed you more. He ran before you could even react, knowing he just turned you beast mode on. You glanced at your mother, who's too focused on cooking her main dish, before walking fast after Sehun.

"OH MY GOODNESS! NOONA'S CHASING ME!" Sehun screamed like a girl as you just calmly walked after him. Chanyeol and Chanhee stopped as they watched you chase Sehun with a poker face.

"She's not even running." Chanyeol laughed as you just cornered Sehun on the wall, your hands full of icing. "Oh god, this won't end well."

"And Oh Sehun is down. EEENG." Chanhee said before making a buzzer sound with a giggle. Sehun's face was full of icing now, thanks to your skillful hands. You walked back to your place after washing your hands, continuing your work.

"How's the chase, bro?" Chanyeol greeted Sehun as he came back with a frown, which is almost not seen as his face was covered in sweet. "Was it fun?"

" you, Yeol."

"Bad words! Noona, Sehun said fuc—"

"Shut up!" Sehun wiped a bit of icing on his cheek before putting it in Chanyeol's mouth, earning a glare from the tower. "Looking good, man."

"Boys, will you please help me with these bowls?"

As the three heard your mother's voice, they instantly turned angels.

"Yes, mom!"

"Yes, Mrs. Park!"

You just chuckled at the sight of their dirty faces.

Christmas is so much livelier this year.

 

✗ ❥ ✗ ❥ ✗ ❥ ✗ ❥ ✗

 

"Merry Christmas!"

As the Christmas music boomed from Chanyeol's little speaker, you all started your little party.

"Let's thank the Lord for His wonderful blessings first, shall we?" Your father started as the music volumed down. Your mother smiled at him. "This year has been the happiest one in my opinion. Not only because of the blessings we've got but also the problems that made us stronger." In Sung glanced at his children with a smile. "That's all thanks to the Lord who keeps on shining even in our darkest times."

"Well, we're not wealthy." Your mother added in. "We don't have a mansion or blocks of money. We don't have golden accessories or glimmering clothes." You slightly chuckled at the excitement in her voice as she mentioned clothes. She loves clothes like they're food. "But we have you, our children. This family is the only one that we'll sacrifice anything just to keep it." Her words triggered tears in your eyes but you chose to keep them in as long as possible. "That's why it'll really be painful if..."

Ga-in couldn't continue her speech as a sob came out of , making In Sung comfort her as he rubbed her back.

"I'll continue then." Chanhee spoke, making you all look at her. She smiled. "I want to thank God for giving me the best parents," She gestured the couple, hugging each other right now. "the worst brother," You chucked as Chanyeol complained. After silently arguing with her brother, Chanhee turned to you with tears in her eyes. "and of course, the most hardworking sister in the world."

"I can't thank God eno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter