✎ Chapter 7: Out with Sehun ✎

Love Me Not || 엑소 세훈
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You were walking to the bathroom to brush your teeth in the morning when you stopped on your tracks, twisting the knob. You groaned as you kicked the door as if it'll open with it.

"Locked again?" You mumbled to yourself before walking to Chanyeol's room. You opened his door and found it empty. "He's out." You checked Chanhee's room after and saw her lying down on the bed, her phone in her hands as usual. She looked up and saw you.

"Hey, unnie. Something wrong?"

"No. It's just the bathroom door is locked for the nth time. Do you know where Chanyeol went? He's the only one who can fix that knob again." You leaned on the door frame as she sat up.

"Uhm..." Chanhee bit her lower lip as if hesitating to tell you or not. 

"What? Where is he?"

"I-I think he accepted the added shift in the convenience store for the weekends. You know how he works part-time in weekdays..." She glanced at you, seeing your expression. "...He just wanted to help as—"

"I'll be back."

You closed the door and went to get your jacket in your room. As you wore your jacket, you saw your neighbor topless again and stretching his arms with his eyes closed as if he just woke up. You looked away and got your slippers before going out of your room.

Sehun opened his eyes, barely seeing your retreating figure but he still did. He saw you get out of the room with slippers in your hand.

"Is she going out?" Sehun mumbled as he quickly took his shirt on the bed side table, wearing it as he slipped his feet on his slippers. He rushed to the bathroom and washed his face before ruffling his hair. 

"That'll do." 

After he brushed his teeth, he ran downstairs and went out to catch you.

"Where are you going?!" Your mother turned to you with a panicked face. You sighed as you looked away from her.

"I'll just be out for an hour, mom. Stop freaking out."

"But—"

"I'll just talk to your son, okay? I'll be back quick."

You didn't wait for your mother's reply since she won't stop asking questions but you know she'll still let you out.

You went out of the house and opened the gate.

"What took you so long, noona?"

You furrowed your brows as you saw Sehun standing in front of your gate with his hands in his pockets.

"Why are you here, dear neighbor?" You sarcastically asked as you closed the gate.

"Waiting for you to come out. Figured you'll get out of your shell this time." 

You huffed in annoyance as you walked past him.

"Thank you for waiting then, you can go back to your own shell now."

You heard his footsteps following you, making you walk faster.

"Where are you going, noona?" You heard him ask closely behind you. His legs are long, of course he'll catch up pretty quick. You inwardly groaned as you walked normally, feeling your heartbeats go crazy again.

"I'm heading to Chanyeol's part-time job." You slightly turned to him and glanced at his attire and saw that he's totally just in his pajamas. "Aren't you cold?"

Sehun smiled and shook his head.

"No, I'm totally fine, noona." He said as he walked beside you. "Are you gonna buy something in that convenience store?" Sehun casually asked. 

"No, I'm not. I'll probably just drag him out and talk to him to stop making it harder for himself whether he like it or not." 

"You're scary." Sehun mumbled as his lips formed a smile, taking a look at your serious face. 

"He's so stubborn." You muttered under your breath, completely forgetting that you're casually talking to your manwhore of a neighbor right now. "I don't know what to do with him."

"Why not let him do what he wants to do, noona? After all, he's working harder for you and your family." Sehun shrugged as he looked in front of the road. 

"I can't." You said as you looked up at the sky, feeling yourself calm your heart down. "He's tiring himself out for nothing. He's still young, he should enjoy his youth first before drowning himself with work. He's still a student too, so studying harder should be his first priority."

Sehun tilted his head in wonder as your words seem to have deeper meanings.

"Well, Chanyeol once told me that family always comes first."

You felt your feet halt in their steps as you stared at Sehun's back. After a second, he quickly turned to see you looking at him.

"You okay, noona? Why'd you stop walking?"

Your heart broke as you remember Chanyeol's words from before.

"Chanyeol, stop crying! I'm okay now!"

"No! You're not okay! I understood everything he said! You're dying!"

"Calm down, please."

"I thought I'll always be your protector, noona. I did everything I could to protect you from bad guys and bad people!" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter