✎ Chapter 2: New Neighbors ✎

Love Me Not || 엑소 세훈
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So the guy's a womanizer and possibly has STD because of ing around his school. While the girl is an innocent and smart student that gets targeted by the guy." Dasom lazily spoke after she listened to your characters' descriptions. "Really cliché, woman."

"No, it's not. All I've got to do is find a hole where they can have a conflict." You tapped your pen on the desk as you think. "How can the girl die?"

"Here we go! Why do you always kill the innocent female character? She hasn't done anything and yet—"

"The good deserves to be sent in heaven while the bad needs to remain on the land to repent for their sins. That's how it works, Dasom." You chuckled as you happily typed on your laptop. Fresh ideas flowing in your brain as usual.

"You can make the girl a playgirl instead of the boy, you know! That'll change the story!"

"It's the same. Anyway, I find it amusing to see the guy suffer always."

"You're a sadist!"

"Who's a sadist?" A familiar voice said, the door opening with the person's appearance.

"You're home." You greeted, not bothering to look at your younger sister.

"I've brought ice-cream. Do you two want some?"

"No." You quickly answered as you continued typing. Dasom looked at Chanhee and shrugged.

"Where's Bora and Soyu? They didn't come with you?" Dasom asked Chanhee with her eyebrows knitted together.

"Oh, they're actually stalking this hot college guy, unnie. I think he's the one who's gonna move next door. They invited me to go with them but I said I couldn't come because I have my part-time job later."

Your ears perked up as you heard your younger sister speak about the guy who'll move next door.

"Seriously, do you really enjoy following guys around?" Dasom asked as she massaged her temples as if she's getting stressed out just from thinking about her younger sisters.

"It's fun, unnie. We're just like their fans, okay? We're not some obsessed girls—"

"What do you call stalking them?"

"W-Well, that's different. We're not causing harm though."

"But—"

"Who's this guy you're talking about, Chanhee?"

The two stopped talking when you spoke, shocking them with your sudden interest in the topic.

"U-Uhm." Chanhee looked at your back, hesitant to tell more.

"I'm just asking his name. It's not as if I'll snatch him away from you." You scoffed, turning your swivel chair to face them both.

"His name is Oh Sehun."

Your eyes slightly widened. You don't know why but they really did.

There's something about his name.

"It screams danger." You mumbled to yourself as you slowly turned back to your laptop in wonder.

"Just go downstairs if you're hungry or something."

Before Chanhee can close the door, you turned to her again, startling the both of them.

"Where's mom?" You asked, hoping she's not out—

"She went out to the market today."

"Didn't she buy our weekly groceries just a few days ago?"

"No. It's..." Chanhee looks so hesitant to tell you but you were staring at her so hard that she swore she could melt. "It's not for the groceries."

"Then for what?" You were getting annoyed already. Your face turned blank when you realized something. "Don't tell me she went to work there?"

Your younger sister looked away as she slightly gulped under your gaze. You breathed out a sigh of disbelief.

"Calm down, (y/n). Your mother is just worried and maybe she felt useless when she's just at home while everybody's working—"

"She's already helping by cooking our meals and doing everything in the house. Why would she feel useless?!"

"Just understand your parents, okay? They want the best for yo—"

"Yeah right. That's why they're locking me here in this room."

Dasom couldn't say anything as you turned to your laptop again, furiously typing as you did. She just stood up, walking towards the door, where your younger sister was.

"I'll let you think about it, okay? DonMy push yourself too hard. It'll be bad—"

"I know. Just go."

She sighed as Chanhee closed the door with a pained face.

You're left in this quiet and lonely room again.

Everything has changed.

"Keep breathing and push all the stress away." You took a deep breath as you stopped typing.

"I shouldn't waste any more time."

 

✗ ❥ ✗ ❥ ✗ ❥ ✗ ❥ ✗  ✘

 

"Winter break's coming!"

You cringed as you heard Chanyeol squeal at your door.

"So how did you do at your exams?"

"Results not yet out but I'm sure I've done everything I can, noona!" Chanyeol proudly said as he walked inside your room.

"Tss. Sure."

"Anyway, my best friend's gonna move in today. He said he'll text me when they're near already. Ah, I feel so excited!"

"You sure you're not gay, Yeol?"

"YAH! That's rude, noona! I'm a man! How can you doubt your brother—"

You giggled as he childishly stomped his feet.

"Where's Chanhee?"

"I don't know about that girl. She's 16 and a stalker like her friends. I always see them outside the university grounds! Can you please scold her for it? It's not like Sehun's bothered with it, actually it's me who's bothered by it. It creeps me out when I see my own sister--"

"Let her do what she wants. She knows what she's doing." You smiled as you typed on your laptop. Chanyeol slightly peeked on your screen.

"Woah. 7k words for a single chapter?! Are you crazy? Are you planning to give me bigger eye bags, noona?!"

"I'm not gonna publish this online, idiot. This is different. I need to submit this before March next year. I have accepted the writing company that gave me the opportunity to publish under them." You sighed as you leaned back on your chair. "They were actually begging me to sign the contract with them for 5 years

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter